Potter Fans! Will There Be A 'Harry Potter' TV Show? And Would YOU Watch?

Thu, July 21, 2011 10:20am EDT by 22 Comments

Suraj

Posted at 3:44 PM on March 31, 2013

Actually, there should be tv series of Harry Potter rather than movie series, bcoz in movie almost everything is like fast forwarded story. I understand the HP movies only bcoz i have read all 7 HP books. But in TV shows we can show the story in detail. 7 seasons with episodes corresponding to each chapter in each book. I wish i could do tell JK Rowling directly how TV series would be much better than movies. I bet none fully understand the movies unless they had already read the HP books. TV shows with each episode 1 hour can explore all emotions, fantasy, drama and every details of the story.

Gustav

Posted at 6:41 AM on April 24, 2014

I agree with you 300 %. I read the books and I love them more than anything else and when I went and saw all the movies on the theater I felt…. Disappointed. As if there was something missing, Of coarse there was alot missing since the movies leave out so much information and so many characters.

This is the reason that I have started writing a script for a Harry Potter-serie which will follow the books very strictly. I have talked with alot of people who don’t think this is going to work because the movies has already been made and people will be confused by new actors and so on.
But I love Harry Potter so much and I don’t think the movies justify the beauty of the books that I do not care what people tell me at the moment.

This has become somewhat of a hobby that I do for fun, but it is my dream to make this happen.
Make a serie of Harry Potter rather than a movie-serie.
Every episode would be around 40-60 min long.
Doing this would make it possible to go deeper into all characters and introduce some new characters who aren’t even in the HP movies like: Ludo Bagman or Winky the house elf.

Maybe my script will be done in 10 years, who knows?

I hope I can make this happen!

Joshua Baker

Posted at 4:54 AM on January 21, 2013

I think the movies were an abomination if they were to do a tv series they would be able to put alot more into it instead of cutting out about 3 quarters of the content

justin lloyd

Posted at 1:20 AM on December 8, 2012

There is already plenty for new harry potter movies the death of peter petigrew serius getting locked up potters dad and snape fill in a story line with stuff like that there too sells like hot cakes

Ana Paula

Posted at 7:00 PM on November 12, 2012

It would be cool if they do an anime based on HP universe =D It can still feature the main characters, Harry, Ron and Hermione, but showing alternative stories at Hogwarts and the lessons, since the movie don’t focuses so much on the lessons.
Or it could tell the story of James Potter, the marauders, it would be also cool!
If there is an HP I would watch for sure!

HP.HG.RW.

Posted at 3:34 PM on August 29, 2012

They should make it on Albus Severus Potter instead if it was a T.V series. I think that would be cool! Or even James Potter. Either perspective is okay with me! Oooo or even a series on James or Albus, that would be cool.

Name

Posted at 12:08 PM on August 27, 2012

It’s hard to fit something everything into a movie. Every film left out on a lot of excellent content and even characters. All movies felt rushed. A TV series would bring every bit of the magic to our eyes. I want to see it with my eyes. Period.

Michelle

Posted at 6:14 PM on June 10, 2012

Just do it again with new actors!!

Michelle

Posted at 6:11 PM on June 10, 2012

I would love and thought from the beginning when movies were being made that this would really be the perfect series for TV….with every chapter or perhaps couple of chapters (hopefully just 1 chapter!) being an episode…I think nobody would get bored of it and it would’ve made more than even the movies!

Lexie

Posted at 11:57 PM on May 19, 2012

If they make a show, I think it ought to center around the next generation or the supporting characters in Harry Potter. I love the usual trio but I’d love even more to see something new!

Amanda

Posted at 11:18 PM on July 7, 2012

That’s the best part about a TV series though!! It can still feature the main cast, but because the books would be played out in episodes the secondary cast can have their time to shine and their own story arcs played out too!!!

Nicole

Posted at 9:06 PM on May 3, 2012

I would like a tv show personally but as many have said, not around the central characters, I would even love it if they had a show based on the april fools day video on youtube the aurors! Now that would be an awesome show

Hannah

Posted at 11:08 AM on February 4, 2012

I think a tv series would be what every fan needs, it made me sad when the books ended, and then the movies, so why not turn to a new series revolving around Hogwarts? I think it would be better to have the series center around a new set of characters, I don’t think the actors from the movies would want to be in a series after finally finishing the movies, maybe even the second generation! Though I would be totally open to any characters! I really hope this happens, though I fear that it would make a mockery of Harry Potter.

Marion

Posted at 1:41 PM on November 27, 2011

They left out sooooo many things in the movies that making a tv show would not be “too much”. On season for each book would fit best. this way they could keep the same cast and it would let space to invent new ideas (especially for the first two books wich are not that long). Something they could not do in a two hours movie.
However, the show should be british ! (Americans make great tv shows but they just don’t have that british witty spirit).
Moreover it is important not to make a tv show right away but wait to create the desire. And the director should be a fan of the books ! Someone from the HP generation ! =)

Mara

Posted at 7:15 PM on November 19, 2011

While I’m against them making a TV show about the trio-as much as I love them, I think their story is over, and making more about them would just hurt it, and it seems silly to redo the movies at this point-I think doing something like “Aurors” (the April fool’s prank TV show) or a show around the Hogwarts founders, Harry’s parents’ generations, or completely new characters at Hogwarts would be extremely amazing. There is so much of JKR’s world that would be amazing to explore on TV, and if she and Warner Brothers were all right with it, I think there would be potential for a very imaginative (and popular!) show.

Ally

Posted at 5:36 PM on August 11, 2011

Yoo, im sad the series ended. I realized that the story of Harry Potter is actually really good, although, i think the movies made it seem a bit stupid. The fact of knowing that the actors are really just waving a stick into the air and watching technology create light effects is incredibly dumb but lets face it, if Hogwarts was real, everybody would instantly become hypnotized to the amazing fantasy world. I think creating a tv series is retarded, but i agreed to it because i dont want Harry Potter to die! Keep it like “Friday the 13″ theres always new victoms. Make Harry’s kids keep the adventure alive! Make more movies!

Kelly

Posted at 2:02 AM on August 9, 2011

I think it would be totally epic if they did a tv show about harry and ginny and ron and hermione’s kids experiences at hogwarts.

Winsome

Posted at 1:26 AM on July 22, 2011

Would certainly give a great opportunity to fill in more character details for characters who we didn’t know all that much about in the books such as Barty Crouch Jr, Moody, Lockhart, etc…
ENDLESS material and stories to do week after week.

Wilma

Posted at 12:15 AM on July 22, 2011

That would be awesome, I would so watch it!!! I love Harry Potter I would watch that show everytime it aired. Where can I sign up!!!

Kyle

Posted at 2:32 PM on July 21, 2011

I would watch it. They should get an entire new cast and start from the beginning. That way there would be moretime for the show to beable to describe all the details from the books.

Oli

Posted at 11:11 AM on July 21, 2011

I’d love to see a show where the main characters are Aurors who have to hunt Dark Wizards all over the globe.

Mike Carpenter

Posted at 11:05 AM on July 21, 2011

I think it would need to be something like a few miniseries, like a number of 2-hour episodes for several season. Two episodes each for SS and CoS, three for PoA, four for GoF, five for OotP, four for HBP, five for DH. I would watch it no matter what, but I woudln’t like it to be anything that didn’t follow the original series unless Jo published a new book beforehand and it followed that.