Demi Lovato's White Dress: Is It Boho Chic Or Just Boho Bad?

Thu, July 21, 2011 9:53am EDT by 5 Comments

I’m so happy to see the starlet looking happy & healthy — but did she leave her fashion sense in rehab? What did you think of her boho get-up?

Demi Lovato looks great post-rehab, but I can’t understand why she thought this flouncy white dress was a good idea — not only does it do nothing for her figure, but the clunky black shoes and fedora are too heavy for the light dress! The star looks her best when she’s wearing a sleek silhouette that shows off her curves, but when she stepped out for the on July 20 in LA she looked like she was wearing a costume, not something out of her closet.

While the white dress could be cute, paired with the heavy booties and the dark fedora it just looked too busy. My biggest complaint with the get-up is the sheer item she’s wearing over the dress — I don’t get why she’s trying to cover up so much, especially when it just looks sloppy, not chic!

If Demi wanted to wear sleeves, a long-sleeved mini or a long-sleeved shirt and skirt would have been the way to go — something totally streamlined and neat.

We’re huge fans of Demi, so while we were confused by her bad style blunder we hope she gets it right next time she steps out!

Do you agree?

Katrina Mitzeliotis

Get More From Our BFFs @ Glamour.com!

1. Dating Men: 11 Secret Love Tests Guys Give Women
  2. Stars Share Their Worst DON’T Moment
  3. Engagement Rings: 35 of the Shiniest, Blingiest and Most Glam Diamond Rings We’ve Seen in Years
  4. Outfit Ideas: 25 Ways to Make Wardrobe Basics Look Un-Boring

boho chic fashion

Posted at 9:04 PM on April 17, 2012

Great work! This is the kind of information that are meant to be shared around the internet. Disgrace on Google for not positioning this post higher! Come on over and seek advice from my site . Thanks =)

Jodie

Posted at 2:11 PM on August 7, 2011

I Love Demi Lovatos New Look! I think it’s amazing!

meg

Posted at 3:19 PM on July 21, 2011

I can’t believe you’d do something like this! Demi just came out about all the stuff she’s been going through and you guys keep on with this stuff! I for one think that dress is great on her! I think her fashion sense is amazing! Before and after! How insensitive can you actually be! I think she looks amazing she is so gorgeous! Don’t judge people on the way they look I don’t. Demi has the most amazing personality and her style is her own choice so leave her alone.

Olivia

Posted at 1:10 PM on July 21, 2011

WOW! Is this site seriously going against one of its favorites? That is very surprising. Usually you can’t say enough about your favorites then every other celebrity you bash! You are so insensitive! This has got to be one of the most biased gossip sites I have ever seen!

As for Demi’s dress, I think it looks great. Just because it’s obviously not your style doesn’t mean other people can’t wear it. Let her be who she wants.

Lc

Posted at 11:15 AM on July 21, 2011

Asking if Demi left her fashion sense in rehab? How insensitive can you be?! She went to rehab partially due to issues with her looks, why are u allowing yourself to be part of that issue??

This website has to be THE worst gossip site I have ever visited. These articles are usually baseless, insensitive towards body image issues, AND appear to be written by someone with a 4th grade reading level. Not returning back :)