'Degrassi' Scoop: Daniel Kelly & Samantha Munro Talk Anya & Owen's Past, Present & Future!

Thu, July 21, 2011 2:32pm EDT by 6 Comments

If you thought last night’s ‘Degrassi’ was intense for Anya & Owen, trust me — you haven’t seen anything yet!

Poor Anya (Samantha Munro.) As if it wasn’t bad enough that she got rejected from Toronto University and found out her almost-boyfriend Dr. Chris is moving to Kenya for a year, she ended last night’s episode of Degrassi by hooking up with the one guy she’s been dodging since last season — Owen (Daniel Kelly!) I sat down with Daniel and Samantha during a recent visit to the show’s Toronto set to get the scoop on all things “Ownya.”

“Anya does some things … that I didn’t even expect to happen at all,” Samantha tells HollywoodLife.com. “Everyone was in the read-through going, ‘You didn’t!’ And I did.”

As for Anya’s relationship with Owen, Daniel equates the potential couple to Star Wars‘ Han Solo and Princess Leia — a metaphor that seems a little lost on Samantha.

Watch my interview with Daniel and Samantha, then head down to the comments section to tell me how you REALLY feel about Owen and Anya:

Loading video...

— Andy Swift

Click here to follow Andy on Twitter for more Degrassi exclusives!

Aubrey Plaza

Posted at 9:35 PM on August 6, 2013

Hello to every body, it’s my first pay a quick visit of this webpage; this website contains awesome and genuinely good material in support of visitors.

cellulite treatment

Posted at 9:46 PM on May 26, 2013

Hi there! I could have sworn I’ve been to this site before but after reading through some of the post I realized it’s new to me.
Anyhow, I’m definitely glad I found it and I’ll be book-marking and checking back frequently!

Kristen

Posted at 4:17 PM on August 2, 2011

I really hate their relationship. For one thing, they seem like a rebound; Anya is in a low point in her life, so she is hooking up with the first guy that goes after her. But after last night’s episode, Owen was being controlling, telling Anya that she couldn’t be friends with Holly J. anymore. He called her “Holly J.’s dog”, a comment that had to really hurt her (from times in season 7). And he told her that she isn’t smart enough to make it into college or think for yourself. Sorry, but I’ll pass on shipping them.

Kristen

Posted at 4:18 PM on August 2, 2011

*herself

Yousra

Posted at 3:28 PM on July 24, 2011

I think anya was being truthful who did the post i mean if u like him dont be embbaressed

Britt

Posted at 12:25 AM on July 22, 2011

i really love how anya is coming out of a shell a little more now, and im so excited about ownya :D im actually looking forward to the relationship alot