'Basketball Wives' Recap: The Ladies Taste Wine, Shop, & Fight in Rome!

Mon, July 18, 2011 10:32pm EDT by 12 Comments

The ladies trip to Rome is short on Royce but not on drama!

In case you forgot, the ladies are in Rome! There must be something in the water in Rome because all of the ladies act so out of character! They can’t stop fighting! They can’t stop talking smack about each other! What’s gotten into them?!

Suzie sums up my feelings about last episode’s fight – and Basketball Wives in general—when she says, “I was confused before and I was even more confused last night.” With every episode these ladies drag me down further and further into the abyss of incomprehension.

Tami gives us yet another of her one of her pearls of wisdom when she describes her relationship with Meeka by saying, “Imma tolerate her ‘cause she’s here. But I don’t like her.” Suzie tells us that Meeka pulled her aside to talk about Tami. Then we see Suzie pull Meeka aside and say, “How are you feeling about last night?” I guess there’s a small discrepancy in the actual chain of events. They discuss the fight and then Meeka retorts, “I didn’t come here to make friends,” which I think works when you’re on a competitive reality show but not on a reality show about a group of friends.

Later in the day, at lunch, the ladies bring up the fights again and try to “work them out.” For some reason Tami is the only one eating at the entire table and continues to eat throughout the entire conversation. She accuses Meeka of “Googling her” and “being a fan.” It made as much sense watching it as it did reading it.

Through Twitter, Tami finds out that someone is telling Royce what’s been going on on the trip. Since, according to Evelyn, “Suzie can’t keep sh*t in,” all trails lead to her. They let Suzie know that, “Royce is not her girl like that.” I interpreted this to mean that Royce isn’t someone that Suzie should share personal things with because she has a big mouth. Is this accurate? Anyone?

The ladies go wine tasting but Meeka doesn’t show up. No one knows where she is and it seems like no one cares. Tami lets everyone know that she’s “upset that I have to talk about Meeka as much as I do.” So are we, Tami. So are we.

Evelyn fills Tami and Shaunie in on the Jennifer drama. In case you forgot, Jennifer gave a radio interview telling the hosts that she disproves of Chad and Evelyn’s relationship. Once Tami catches wind of an impending fight, she begs Evelyn to let her be the one to start it. Wisely, Evelyn declines. Evelyn says that once she gets the interview on tape, her and Jennifer’s relationship will never be the same. It will never be the same. Only it sounds like she’s saying: “Ih will neva be da sa,” over and over.

Evelyn calls Tami and Shaunie to her room because she’s going to confront Jennifer. In all the time they’ve had to think about it, no one can come up with a better place and time for said confrontation. Evelyn put on hoop earrings that are so big they look like silver hula hoops and actually restrict the kind of movements Evelyn can make with her head. Jennifer arrives wearing sunglasses that look like they’re on upside down. The fight happens and it’s slightly uneventful. Go figure; it’s the only one that actually makes sense. Evelyn storms out and Shaunie goes to get her. In a turn of events for Basketball Wives, Evelyn refuses to continue fighting and locks herself in her room.

Jennifer, Shaunie, and Tami have gone back to a room where Jennifer is crying for only the second time since she’s known Shaunie. Jennifer sits there staring at the other two with red, teary eyes, occasionally glancing at the camera to make sure they’re capturing it. They are.

The ladies decide that the issue must be resolved RIGHT THIS SECOND! They go to Evelyn’s door and bang and ring the bell to no avail. Not able to take a hint, Tami walks out onto the balcony and climbs around into Evelyn’s room to let everyone in because they are handling this TONIGHT!

Believe it or not, the preview for next week’s episode shows that another fight is in the ladies’ future! Can’t wait to see what happens!

–Scott Galina

Get More Basketball Wives:

1. ‘Basketball Wives’ Star Jennifer Williams Blogs: I’m Not Jealous Of Evelyn’s Engagement!
  2. ‘Basketball Wives’: Jennifer Shops For Divorce Party Sex Toys & Brian Stares At Royce’s Vagina — Ugh!
  3. ‘Basketball Wives’ Star Shaunie O’Neal: ‘I’m Not Happy Right Now’

Megan

Posted at 3:45 PM on August 15, 2011

The fight between Meeka and Tami helped the show reach a new low. Tami is as ghetto as they come. I’m sure Tami’s scalp and stomach were sore the way Meeka was kicking her and pulling her hair out. Tami is way too old and tacky to try to beat up on a young woman like Meeka. Shaunie only invited Meeka on the trip so they would have someone to pick on. It was bullying on a whole “nother” level. I can’t believe women their age are still bullies. Disgusting.

Selena

Posted at 9:05 PM on August 15, 2011

AMEN!

Blee

Posted at 1:03 PM on July 25, 2011

Most stupidest show on television along with the stupidest people down below who watch it. Dumbing up America!!!!! Keep the Reality Shows on so more Americans can dumb up

hair booster

Posted at 1:20 PM on July 22, 2011

Now Evelyn konws what real honsety is all about so don’t think that Jen is being 2 faced. She’s just keeping it real!

spy

Posted at 5:12 PM on July 21, 2011

i wanna see who fites next week!!!!!!!!!! im pretty sure its suzie and meeka…i wanna see it like i read in previous comments…drama sells!!!! so shaunie can stop wit the whole i dont like the way my show is going!!! she still making money any way and only think they care bout is making that bread….shaunie stop playing mother hen u just as sloppy as the rest of them…thats why there your ‘friends’…..

Philly

Posted at 6:33 PM on July 20, 2011

Jen may be ditzy, but she’s an honest ditz. Evelyn is probably the most clueless of the lot. She’ll soon realise Chad’s in love with T.O. and himself secondly. Royce is too real for this show, the Shaunie suck-up’s can’t handle her candidness. Suzie need to walk around with an oxygen tank cause I swear the girl losing brain cells, rather quickly. The new girl’s like a pit-bull, she needs a muzzle. Tami’s too old for this mess, go momma your lovely daughters get them talented. Oh Mrs. Oneil, the accused you of using these women. In your defense they all whoring themselves to pad their bank accounts. It’s called symbiosis!

mel

Posted at 11:58 PM on July 19, 2011

I agree w sheba,if the women bother u so much,stop watching the show!!drama sells,all these reality shows have drama.life has drama!we r talking about these women in basketball wives,so therefore they r doing a great job!they have an audience!sit back&enjoy the ride!

alice

Posted at 3:11 PM on July 19, 2011

@Readers…
I paid $32.67 for a XBOX 360 and my mom got a 17 inch Toshiba laptop for $94.83 being delivered to our house tomorrow by Fedex. I will never again pay expensive retail prices at stores.I even sold a 46 inch HDTV to my boss for $650 and it only cost me $52.78 to get. Here is the website we using to get all this stuff, BuzzSave.com

paula

Posted at 1:06 PM on July 19, 2011

I love tami is the boss

Rina

Posted at 9:50 AM on July 19, 2011

Note to Meeka, don’t ever wear those white shorts again…you look like a football player with sausage legs…just a suggestion.

Sheena

Posted at 12:30 AM on July 19, 2011

Wow these ladies are always fighting! I love tami. Shes the most real.

rose