Robert Pattinson Ruined 'New Moon,' Director Chris Weitz Claims! What A Diss!

Sun, July 17, 2011 10:27am EST by 47 Comments

BJ

Posted at 11:07 PM on July 31, 2011

I’m a huge fan of both the movies, and the books. However, I could harldy stand to watch this scene! The entire theatre could not stop laughing during the midnight showing. It could have been done so much better. Horrible.

Molly

Posted at 2:56 PM on July 20, 2011

Was that the scene where the two are running different paths and Robert was wearing a fluffy pirate shirt and Kristen had flowers in her hair. The whole theater burst out laughing at that scene.

Paulina

Posted at 8:59 PM on July 19, 2011

I love this scene, why is it ruining the movie? Kristen looks very pretty there :)

Patti

Posted at 8:35 PM on July 19, 2011

Quit whining. I’m not a professional but I thought the visual made sense. The vision Alice showed to Aro needed to be explained. I didn’t find anything funny about it. It showed Bella after the change; something to look forward to in the last two movies. Thought it was great.

Marina

Posted at 3:51 PM on July 19, 2011

The twilight movies suck anyway, but it is mostly Kristen’s fault. She’s the worst actor ever. It’s like she’s depressed, shy and have problems with showing emotions in every movie she acts in. She killed the whole Twilight Saga for me. I can’t possibly like a movie where the main character is so annoying!

me

Posted at 3:20 PM on July 19, 2011

I bet Chris was joking….he is always joking around on his twitter….so I would not put much stock into this. Chris would not blame anyone for anything….he seems to be a stand up guy…but does have a sence of humor. Go back and read his other twitter posts…a lot of it is joking around.

Eden

Posted at 3:11 PM on July 19, 2011

Not to be rude but it doesn’t take much to ruin a Twilight Saga movie. The movie’s already are really badley acted. I adore the books but the movie suck.

LittleMo

Posted at 12:15 PM on July 20, 2011

You are out of your mind. Twilight is Romeo and Juliet, the phantom of the opera and his lady – I could go on and on. What people like you don’t seem to get is what they are seeing is the personalities of the characters – those are their mannerisms. In Eclipse Bella even said she’s been awkward, never fitting in kind of person. Rob and Kristen are portraying the characters the way they were written. On-line polls can be fixed and opinions are like something else that everybody has but when there is actually something to win, Twilight sweeps everything. And I’m not a teenage girl, either. I’m an older fan, old enough to have seen a lot of what Hollywood has called couples and Bella and Edward are at the top.

twihardfan

Posted at 9:11 AM on July 19, 2011

I am sorry, but compared to the other Twilight Saga movies, Robert Patz wasn’t even in this movie much and, one scene ruins the whole movie? PLEASE! If the movie had turned out bad and got low approval ratings, which it didn’t, the fault is in the hands of the director, not the actor!

TwiFan

Posted at 6:45 AM on July 19, 2011

I really like that scene in NM…I mean that’s just how I imagined it when I was reading the book. I was actually thinking more of a cocktail dress for Kristen but in the end I think it gone out really great. And WTF?! Why is the director saying this now??? That’s his job…to make decisions (when they were on set) not now!

delle1

Posted at 5:43 AM on July 19, 2011

The only thing wrong with that scene is the way Bella is dressed…she’s gonna be dressed like a Vamp not a little girl…..

BJ

Posted at 11:10 PM on July 31, 2011

Very true. I hated the dress.

silvie

Posted at 5:16 AM on July 19, 2011

Why is this story out now? Why would a director blame an actor? Doesn’t the responsibility lie with the director? Afterall that’s why directors are employed. I’m not convinced there’s any truth behind all this. Obviously a reaction is expected. As a viewer I certainly didn’t react anything like what has been suggested. I thought it was good scene except for Bella’s dress.

Grandma

Posted at 12:49 AM on July 19, 2011

If that’s what he thinks ruined it, he has another thing coming!

Goldie

Posted at 11:12 PM on July 18, 2011

The only thing I hated about that scene was Bella’s clothes. Other than that I liked the scene.

A New Moon Fan

Posted at 8:34 PM on July 18, 2011

Rob is mid twenties and the actor. Chris is early forties and the director. Chris should have learned by now to own his directorship decisions, not point finger at the talent – Rob’s responsibility was only to share his ideas – C cld say no. Thats part of being the professional director. Anyway – I was fine with it and think its brouhaha about nothing!