Bonnie Says: How Dare RHONY's Ramona Singer, Alex McCord and Simon van Kempen Viciously Attack Countess LuAnn!

Fri, July 15, 2011 6:32pm EDT by 31 Comments

The theme of last night’s episode, July 14th, was a pile-on full-fledged attack on Countess LuAnn, in what should have been her moment of triumph.

Is it jealousy? Is has to be. What else would truly explain why this season’s trouble twins — Alex McCord and husband Simon van Kempen and blonde busybody Ramona Singer would get their knives out when the Countess prepared to record her music video for Chic, C’est La Vie.

I can see why the Countess would make Alex, Simon and Ramona feel insecure. She’s tall, she’s stunning, she carries herself with confidence and she has ambitious ideas.

You have to give her kudos for having the gumption to get it together to record a sexy, fun song like Chic, C’est La Vie that celebrates being a strong, sexy woman in the prime of and in control of her life.

That must be why Alex and Simon who’ve spent the season telling off, tattling on and ‘mean tweeting’ other housewives,  took the time to insult the Countess this episode.

Alex refuses to appear in LuAnn‘s video because of the message. Incomprehensibly she explains that if LuAnn was “doing a gangster rap or a ballad about loving or singing showtunes, I would be there.” She doesn’t like LuAnn’s use of the word “class.” Huh?

Alex would rather be in a gangster rap video than one that celebrates being a classy woman in control of her life.

Simon then digs the knife into the Countess even deeper as he launches into an even nastier attack. “LuAnn should remove the ‘O’ from her Countess title,” he shockingly announces. I can only guess that he is green, green, green, with envy that LuAnn has more going on in her life than he does in his losery existence.

As if this cut throat cattiness isn’t enough, LuAnn then has to put up with a missile attack from Ramona Singer who accuses her of being a bad mom.

The Countess has heard that Ramona doesn’t want to appear in her music video and when she meets her for coffee, Ramona goes in for the kill.

“I’m very proud of you doing it (the video) but I have a daughter and I have to be a role model,” Ramona announces.

When LuAnn questions what being a role model has to do with NOT appearing in her video, Ramona shoots back: “As you know, in your last one you were on the bed with all the men. Even your son was upset and my daughter’s like, ‘Oh my God, mommy, you would never do that would you.'”

Then Ramona starts rolling her eyes and wildly gesturing with her hands as she goes in for the even nastier kill” “I’m a mother, I raise my daughter (Avery, 16) differently than you. What can I say?”

Not surprisingly, LuAnn asks: “what’s that supposed to mean?”

Ramona, who now obviously sees herself as Mother of the Year, practically hisses back. “Well, I spend a lot of time with her, you’re here in the city during the week a lot… I spend a lot of time with my daughter, that’s why she is the way she is. And she’s a great girl.”

She’s needling LuAnn by implying that because LuAnn’s son, Noel de Lesseps, 14, and daughter Victoria, 16, go to school in the Hamptons, LuAnn is a bad mom.

LuAnn rolls her eyes right back and responds — “it is amazing how she turned out, I can tell you that.”

The irony is clear to LuAnn and all of us, but not Ramona. After all, last episode, Ramona’s daughter, Avery, complained to her mom that Ramona was never home at night and never texted her to tell her where she was.

“When you spend time with your child, they turn out well,” Ramona insisted, again implying again that LuAnn didn’t put in time with her kids.

“And so you’re saying that I don’t spend time with my child,” LuAnn shot back with an intense eyeroll of her own.

The bottom line is that Ramona used her daughter as her excuse to evade being in LuAnn’s video. But LuAnn got the last laugh by pointing out that Ramona was a hypocrite who behaved in a far more embarrassing way when she partied.

In the end it was Jill Zarin and Kelly Bensimon who happily showed up to sing and star in Chic, C’est La Vie. “I was honored to be in it. I can’t sing, I’m 47-year-old and who the heck would want me,” joked Jill, who got all glammed up and looked pretty damn good sitting next to Kelly and LuAnn toasting their hot lives.

Ramona may have insisted that she was a role model, but as far as I’m concerned she, Alex and Simon only succeeded in setting themselves up as the role models from hell.

Countess LuAnn on the other hand came off as confidence queen — so there!

“Was I sad that the women didn’t show up?” said the Countess. “No.”

“Was it going to ruin my video, NO!”

Well said Countess, and note to Alex, Simon and Ramona — well poo on you!

— Bonnie Fuller

Grrive

Posted at 6:09 PM on September 20, 2011

Lu Ann has a monster truck of an ego, but it’s amusing to watch, Jill is a ridiculous person, great tv, Alex and simon are utterly hopeless and make stunnng tv ( who’s mouth didn’t gape wide open at the ‘ leave out the O ‘ line?) it will be a shame to loose them I think. Except for Kelly, she’s just a dickhead.

P Wo

Posted at 2:50 PM on August 7, 2011

Luann treated the blondes POORLY this season and then she expects them to drop everything to go to Vegas for a video? I am surprised she had the NERVE to even ask.

Marie

Posted at 1:53 PM on August 2, 2011

I am sick of the so called countess lording if over people. Don’t laugh stupidly after you say something rude or nasty. Grow up.

cammie

Posted at 1:10 PM on July 26, 2011

Thanks for calling Ramona out-somebody is finally!
And for bringing up the fact that Avery just said Ramona is never home! I mean, really? Should she be commented on anyone’s parenting skills when her own daughter called her out on it? And after all, we saw Luann work with Victoria on her driving. No one knows what goes on behind closed doors.

Ramona went from renewal to just plain mean and snarky this season-it must be all the pinot!

CARUSO, LUCIA

Posted at 12:52 PM on July 25, 2011

I ANSWERED YES, AND YET WHEN I THINK ABOUT IT FOR A SECOND THOUGHT…I SAY MAYBE….
I AM OLD AND MAYBE I JUDGED TOO HARSLY….
I CARE FOR THIS SHOW, AND I LIKE THE TWO OF THESE LADIES…
THEY BOTH CARE FOR OTHERS, JUST HAPPENS, THINGS HAPPEN, AND LIFE PUTS US IN A WEB OF CONFUSION!!!

MY SECOND THOUGHT IS, THERE IS NOTHING TO BE UPSET ABOUT,
OTHER THAN SOME PEOPLE WANTING FULL CONTROL OF CONVERSATION
DUE TO THE LIFESTYLE THEY LIVE!!!
SOMETIME’S WHEN LIFE HANDS YOU A BOWL OF OYSTERS AND EVERYONE HAS A PEARL, LIFE IS EASY, SO EXCEPT CONFUSION AND WRONG DECISONS, PEOPLE MAKE AND CONTINUE TO ACCEPT, THE GOOD WITH THE BAD!!!
IT SEEMS TO ME YOUR WORLD IS FULL OF OYSTERS WITH MANY PEARLS….
ENJOY THE SHOW, AND ALL OF THE PEOPLE IN IT…
GREAT SHOW, AND A GREAT CAST!!!!

BEEN IN THIS WORLD A VERY LONG TIME, AND STILL ENJOY A GREAT SHOW!!! ALL ABOUT WOMEN!!!

SINCERELY,
LUCIA CARUSO P.S I AM 79 YEARS OLD!!!!!!

julie

Posted at 12:38 PM on July 25, 2011

Has no one noticed what a screwed up, crazy, nut case Kelley still is? Medication may be helping her smile more but when her mouth runs off at such high speeds about such ridiculous nonsense and unrelated issues it is obvious she is still out there in space somewhere – and not even attempting to find her way back to earth. If she has family, are they not concerned about this wack-a-do?? Get her some help, she has kids in her care!

julie

Posted at 12:29 PM on July 25, 2011

When is someone going to tell LuAnn that her voice and ability to sing is a joke? She is clearly tone-deaf, has no range and sounds like a frog. Obviously that’s the reason for all the techno additions – to hide the noise coming out of her. Her ego is so huge that she believes she sounds good. It goes hand in hand with the fact that she clings to the title she acquired from a past marriage which she clings to desperately so she can believe she is “somebody”

Mary

Posted at 10:31 AM on July 25, 2011

Why does Jill want so badly to get in everyone’s business? So what if R & S were in the bathroom together on the boat..none of Jill’s business…the one big no no was when she asked Cindy where was the father of her children?? What an idiot..like that was normal..always overstepping her non-existant boundries..mind your business Jill..you’ll be better off…

Lola

Posted at 9:09 AM on July 22, 2011

Simon is a misogynist and Alex is a wannabe fame whore/enabler. Why is it at all allowed for him to essentially call Luann the “C” word on national tv? If he made a racist slur, would that be okay?? No, but he can say a slur against a woman. Hey, she’s only a woman, why not?

Of the other husbands are on the show you’d never see Jill’s husband Bobby confront the other women the way Simon does, in their face. Mario and Jill have gotten into it in past seasons, but never with the hostility Simon displays, ie. threatening Jill by saying “Watch out!” and so forth. Sonya’s man is there as eye candy and when Kelly refers to her ex, it is with respect. Cindy brought her ex into it and showed a loving father with his children. End of story. Simon displays no respect to the other women.

I find this troubling as we (as a society) accept this behavior and we should not. It is offensive and we should not tolerate it. Dump Simon and Alex.

Gloria

Posted at 4:57 PM on July 17, 2011

LuAnn keeps saying she was the host of Morrocco. When Bethany invited to girls to go to the beach to surf LuAnn did not pay for anything because she said that when Bethany invited them it was her obligation to pay. Why are the rules different for LuAnn.

Debra

Posted at 2:16 AM on July 17, 2011

I absolutely agree! LuAnn rocks! and i think her song is catchy. Yes, she can’t sing, but so can’t Kesha and other wannabe artists…Paris Hilton anyone.

I love LuAnn and her confidence. And I personally HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE Ramona for being such a bee-hatch. grrrrrrrrrrrr…I hope her husband gets publicly caught cheating and then that pretentious snub smile on her face will forever disappear.

God, I hate that mean spirited evil effed up disgrace for a woman.

Lu Ann, Kelly and Jill, you guys ROCK!!!!!

Cherie

Posted at 11:16 PM on July 16, 2011

Alex is as creepy as her husband. The only offensive “C” word was the one Simon used about LuAnn. And she sat there completely blank when he used it.

Alex’s attack on LuAnn was contrived and rehearsed, as usual. Alex and Simon couldnt find a reason to attack Jill so they attacked her best friend with ridiculous arguments.

Some of my Jewish friends are wondering if Simon is the “Mel Gibson” of Housewives TV. He and Alex have scapegoated Jill for sure. Something smells bad in Brooklyn.

Nellie

Posted at 6:00 PM on July 16, 2011

First of all I can’t stand Luann she is such a self righteous B. And yes she is a bad mother to a weed smoking racist azz daughter who was kicked out of her private school(allegedly)…
And I don’t blame them for not being in that video because she sounds horrible. And next week I hope I don’t lose respect.for natalie cole for singing with her.

Franky

Posted at 12:35 PM on July 16, 2011

WHATS WITH ALEX CLAIMING SHE HAD 3 HOMES GROWING UP AND THAT HER DAD HAD OIL-WELLS LOL SHE IS TRYING SO HARD TO FIT IN, JUST LET IT GO ALREADY SHE NEVER WILL…

Allie

Posted at 8:48 AM on July 16, 2011

LuAnn is so full of herself it is ridiculous. I can’t stand her. She is always butting her nose in other peoples business. She can’t take it when the other ladies bite back though. She is truly tacky in her approach.

maria

Posted at 12:10 AM on July 16, 2011

Is it jealousy? Is has to be…
Totally agree….:))))

Moira

Posted at 9:13 PM on July 15, 2011

I love the Countess! She’s a confident, funny, independent woman. Those wannabees Alex and Simon can say whatever they want- but no one can hear it because they’re all the way in Brooklyn.

NYProf

Posted at 8:45 PM on July 15, 2011

No Bonnie, you are wrong…it has been the countless all season who is pretentious and conniving and mean girl along with her henchwoman Jillousy. Get rid of Countless.

Maryann92821

Posted at 6:31 PM on July 18, 2011

Well, said NYProf. Luann is horrid.

Stella

Posted at 1:15 PM on July 19, 2011

I sooooooooo agree with you on his one! Luann is pretentious and just plain rude!! I really dislike her this season!!

mary

Posted at 10:37 AM on July 25, 2011

Watching LuAnne “fake” kissing the boyfriend is gross…she can barely reach his lips with that big nose in the way..however, she should have booted Jill off the boat when she said that the boat was departing “late” as she stuffed her face with food….the party wasn’t planned on your schedule Jill..you were lucky to be invited..keep it zipped..your rudeness is getting worse every episode…did your mom not tell you to stop saying everything you’re thinking? It’s like spewing you know what…you should be taught some manners…

Annie

Posted at 10:57 AM on November 8, 2011

Hahaha! That is hilarious!! And sooo true! Her daughter madr racial slurs and luAnn attempts to defend her parenting??? Can u defend racial slurs??? LuAnn is a joke!!

what

Posted at 8:16 PM on July 15, 2011

How much did Luann pay you to write this slanted article.

Melissa

Posted at 8:33 PM on July 15, 2011

Oh please. That accusation is getting a little old and worn out.

Annie

Posted at 10:59 AM on November 8, 2011

Not worn and not old!! Great parents LuAnn your daughter and her racial slurs!!! How classy!

MKValle

Posted at 8:03 PM on July 15, 2011

Please stop calling her Countess Luann. It’s a fake title for a fake persona. How can you possibly take LuAnn’s video seriously? It’s a joke and you know it. Or are you trying to get on Luann’s good side so she can provide you with all her wonderful advice on manners…or perhaps you hope she will introduce you to one of her “royal” friends. Bonnie Fuller, you are a joke.

Freddie

Posted at 11:01 AM on November 8, 2011

So true! Darling LuAnn you can’t sing ur a joke darling. Talentless and no manners or class. Well done raising a racist slob.

Stormyboo

Posted at 7:58 PM on July 15, 2011

It’s time to get a new RHONY cast.
All of the women should have been in LuAnns video it would have been fun, if they all worry about their “Branding” then they all should have been in the video
Ramona a role model??? I don’t think so, and did you see Mario was eyeing Sonja last night hmmm wonder if she is the other woman thinking about him?
Alex she is mad at LuAnn her only way to fight back was to decline being in the video.
Sonja, she is is living in some dream world and if the other 2 were not going, so neither would she, she can be shallow.
Time for a new cast, keep Cindy and Jill pitch the rest

D.E.

Posted at 7:12 PM on July 15, 2011

The decline of RHONY really happened when Jill and Bethenny could not mend their relationship. For some reason, that ended up destroying the fabric of the show. I have always sided with Bethenny in that dispute, but it’s hard to take sides when all I see is the end product.

Hi

Posted at 6:55 PM on July 15, 2011

LuAnn is b**tch anyways so who cares. Also she treats Alex like crap so why would she want to be in the video when LuAnn acts like she is better than her?

tina

Posted at 3:30 AM on July 21, 2011

While Luann is not my favorite housewife, I do think it was tacky for the way Simon talked about her. i think the only reason why alex and simon are on the show is to get some notariety. they want to be famous so bad they can taste it. i feel bad for their poor boys, i am sure they get teased alot about not only their silly names but also their strange parents. alex’s laugh drives me up the wall. she slumps and is frumpy. she needs to learn how to stand up straight or she will look like the hunchback of notre dame! my point though is this.. they are a far cry from perfect and they both act as if they honestly believe that they are (perfect). they believe it is everyone else that is strange. i think kelly is very off as well. everything is “weird” to her and although i agree w/ her most of the time she needs to find a new way of describing things. i like jill and luann. cindy is very, very rude!! she has not manners whatsoever and looks like a horse in the face but seems to think she is hot stuff! ramona’s bug eyes give me nightmares and i bet you anything that sonya and mario are doing the nasty behind her back!