Nick Lachey & Vanessa Minnillo Get Married in Tropical Ceremony! They Beat Jessica Simpson To The Altar!

Fri, July 15, 2011 6:20pm EDT by 7 Comments

Nick & Vanessa have a blissful, private ceremony!

Nick Lachey and Vanessa Minnillo have finally tied the knot!

Nick, 37, and Vanessa, 30, walked down the aisle on July 15 on a tropical island in front of 35 friends and family members, his rep confirms to HollywoodLife.com.

“For us, this is just a stepping stone to do what we ultimately want and that’s to start a family together,” Vanessa told PEOPLE.

Nick said the ceremony was shrouded in secrecy — even for the guests!

“Our wedding invitations were in the form of a plane ticket,” he said. “We told them they were going away and the attire was ‘island chic.’ It was all very vague.”

While Nick was dressed in a traditional Dolce & Gabanna suit, Vanessa donned a two-piece Monique Lhuillier outfit, with a custom-made corset, belt and veil.

The whole event will be aired on TLC in a Nick & Vanessa’s Dream Wedding, which will air on July 30 at 9 pm.

Congratulations to the happy couple!

– William Earl

lulu

Posted at 8:45 AM on July 25, 2011

I don’t know why Jessica Simpson’s name always have to be mentioned when it comes to Nick. It is so annoying.

Cynthia

Posted at 11:58 AM on July 16, 2011

Both Vanessa and Jessica are gorgeous, i hope Jessica drop the lbs when she and her honey walk down that isle come November!! Congrats Vanessa, he better treat her well!

Matt

Posted at 9:43 AM on July 16, 2011

Vanessa is gorgeous with a sexy bod.

Steve

Posted at 9:29 AM on July 16, 2011

Nice trade up for Nick, Vanessa is a smoking hottie with the best ever Maxim spread. Jessica Simpson is just a fat old cow.

Ginger

Posted at 2:20 AM on July 16, 2011

I’m excited for the both of them! When Jessica left Nick, my sister and I said he should date Vanessa Minnillo from MTV. And look at them now! I’m happy for them!

Congrats Nick and Vanessa!

Posted at 12:51 AM on July 16, 2011

Congratulations to them both. I think their wedding sounds very romantic, and I look forward to seeing it on TLC. Nick is georgous, and Vanessa is beautiful! I can only imagine what they must have looked like on their wedding day! I think it’s great too that they are looking forward to having a family together as well. I wish them much luck.

I think that everyone needs to stop comparing people’s former husbands and wives to their current husband or wife. You may have adored them with their former spouce, but it’s their life to live. I wonder how many people in real life would like their ex mentioned at every turn!

Sara

Posted at 8:21 PM on July 15, 2011

Gross. She’s ugly and Jessica S. Is gorgeous!