Kate Moss lets her bold eyes take charge with winged liner on a clean, fresh face. Find out how you can re-create the style.
In this summer heat, sometimes it’s best to keep makeup to a minimum. A winged eyeliner look is perfect because it’s all you need to look hot and put together. Though the application may scare some people off, I’ll give you the how-to that takes less than five minutes!
Eyeliner has been a beauty-must for women since the time of the ancient Egyptians, and for good reason — it emphasizes your gorgeous eyes!
Before starting out, make sure to get the right liquid liner. In my opinion, this is one of the most important parts of the process. Look for a liner that has a strong tip that won’t budge. A flimsy applicator can make applications messy! Another important factor to consider when buying liquid liner is that you want it to last! Especially in the summer heat, runny circles of black under your eyes are the last thing you want! All of this considered, my all time favorite liquid liner is Stila’s All Day Waterproof Liquid Eye Liner. As an avid liquid liner user (I wear it almost every day!), I swear by this product.
How To Get The Perfect Winged Eyeliner:
• First, make sure your hand is nice and steady by resting your elbows on a table or countertop. With your left hand, gently tug the skin at the outer corner of your eye to make your lid taut. Hold the brush in your right hand. (If you’re a lefty do the opposite!)
• Drag the brush along your lash line, creating small strokes from the inner to outer corners of your eyes—but make sure to stay as close to the lash line as possible. (You want zero skin to show between the liner and your lashes.)
• Then, go back and connect the lines to form one smooth line. To create a more dramatic effect, make the line slightly thicker at the outer corner of your eyes- but not too much; a little goes a long way!
• To create the wing, give a small stroke starting at the outer corner of your lash line while angling the brush towards the end of your eyebrow.
• To fix any mistakes or unevenness just grab a q-tip, dip it in makeup remover and gently wipe across the top of your eyeliner.
Finish with a swipe of mascara and you’re good to go!
HollywoodLifers, are you excited to try out Kate’s winged look? Vote below!
More Gorgeous Eye Ideas!
- Emily Blunt Dares to Match Her Eye Makeup To Her Hair! Would You? Here’s How!
- Emma Watson Sparkles At The NYC ‘Harry Potter’ Premiere — Get Her Glittery Look!
- Kate Middleton’s Eyeliner: Get The Look!