Father Of Four Can't Watch His Daughters Play Soccer – Because He's A Registered Sex-Offender!

Fri, July 15, 2011 5:30pm EDT by 10 Comments

Frank Rodriguez wishes nothing more in the world than to take his daughters to school, watch them play soccer, and raise them as a normal father — but the law restricts him from doing so.

Frank Rodriguez from Caldwell, TX has lived a fairy-tale life: he graduated high-school as a leading football star, married his high-school sweetheart, and has four beautiful daughters.  But there’s one thing that has kept him from succeeding in any arena in life: he’s a registered sex offender

Frank, 34, met his wife, Nikki Rodriguez, 30, during high-school when he was 18-years-old and she was 15.  He was the stereotypical star football jock and she was the beautiful cheerleader.  “Frank was different.  He would pick flowers for me at the bus stop and bring them to school.  At lunch, he came and sat with my friends and me, not with the guys,” Nikki tells Marie Claire.  After about a year of dating, the two had sex.

After revealing to her conservative mother, Melissa Ostman, that the couple were involved physically, Melissa told Nikki that she had to stop. “I liked Frank from day one, but I wanted them to cool of,” she admits.  But one night after the passionate pair left Nikki’s younger sister at a fair to have sex, Melissa had had enough.  She drove to the police station and reported Frank for having sex with a minor.  Although a serious crime, she was not looking to punish him — just scare him off.  “If I had known the implications, I wouldn’t have done it.”

Frank, who had enjoyed life working on local ranches as a teenager, found himself a criminal sex offender at the age of 19.  From there, his world was turned upside down.  “I couldn’t talk to Nikki.  I couldn’t go to restaurants, public swimming pools, football games — any places where there might be kids.  I couldn’t vote.  I couldn’t leave the country without permission.”

Life would only become tougher for Frank.  He had to perform 350 hours of community service, attend weekly counseling courses with other convicted pedophiles and sex offenders, complete serve seven years probation, and had to move out of his family home because a 12-year-old — his sister — lived there.  For two years, Frank lived alone as he slumped deeper into depression.  “My life stopped,” he reveals.  Though, he still hoped for a better future.

The day Nikki turned 17, she moved in with Frank.  “We didn’t have anything — but we didn’t need anything.”  Two years later, the couple welcomed their first of four daughters — but Frank’s probation restricted him from living in the same home as his young baby.  So he was forced to live in his own home illegally, until he completed his probation in 2003.

Despite strict sex offender laws in each state, grassroots groups have sought to change such laws at the expense of those accused at a young age — like Frank Rodriguez.  This past spring, Texas Governor Rick Perry signed a new bill to lift convictions on sex-offenders.  The bill — which goes into effect in September — will allow accused offenders to file a petition if he was within four years of age of his sexual partner, and if his partner was at least 15 at the time of the conviction — key assets that would allow Frank to lift his conviction and become a free man.

Do you think Frank’s conviction should be lifted, HollyMoms?  Tell us how you feel!

– Michael Emer

More on HollyBaby:

1. Jaycee Dugard Reveals: I Was SO Lonely Imprisoned In Soundproof Shed
  2. Anthony Weiner’s Website Warns About The Dangers Of Sexual Predators! Wait, What?
  3. Politician’s Wife Jailed For Mother-Daughter Sex Triangle With A 13-Yr-Old Boy

Car Audio Essex,Car Audio Installed Essex,Car Alarms Essex,Car Alarms Installed Essex,Car Alarm Installer Essex

Posted at 1:07 PM on June 4, 2012

Thanks for the good writeup. It in fact was a amusement account it. Glance advanced to far brought agreeable from you! However, how can we be in contact?

Patricia

Posted at 7:16 PM on May 11, 2012

yes it’s a sad story.. but the law is the law.. my son is only 11 and i have already started to explain the ways of life.. i’m sure this guy new the law but he decided to think w/ his head down below.. if he really loved her he should have waited..i don’t think the law should change for people to file petitions to change a verdict it was the law when he was 18.. he deal and accept it, but the law should for the future.. if another crime was commited the accomplice gets charged even though the person was there and of course it depends on the situation… it is what it is and he should acept it..

Michelle Arguello

Posted at 1:56 PM on July 26, 2011

I have know Frank since we were kids, he has always been a great person and friend. Their children should not be punished for their actions. They are both great parents and wonderful people. It’s sad to see how the system has no middle ground. Best of luck to y’all!!

Melissa Mejias

Posted at 1:36 PM on July 26, 2011

I have known Frank all my life, I consider him family, he is far from a sex offender. I have two daughters and would have no concerns what so ever with him around my daughters. If anyone would spend just an hour with him and his family they would see what type of person he truly is. I wish Nikki and him the best and pray that this whole ordeal is over soon. God bless.

College13

Posted at 11:02 AM on July 16, 2011

She was willing to have sex with him at the time so he should not be at fault.

BILL

Posted at 6:35 PM on July 15, 2011

THE PEOPLE GUILTY IS THE COPS AND JUDGE FOR STUIPIDY. NOW THE WHOLE SYSTEM WANTS IT’S ASS KISSED BEFORE THINGS WILL GET CHANGED.

Michelle

Posted at 5:51 PM on July 15, 2011

He shouldn’t have been sleeping with a minor if he didn’t want punished. He was old enough to know better, so he got what he deserved.

sonia

Posted at 6:09 PM on July 15, 2011

Love has no age limit.

Queenie

Posted at 6:10 PM on July 15, 2011

Kids don’t think about such things at that age, you’re not thinking about the law when you’re young and in love! In the UK the age of consent is 16 and after a year of being together they knew that they wanted to progress the relationship. I think it’s awful that he got registered as a sex offender when she was a consenting partner. That it’s impacted on his life to such a degree for so long is desperately sad.

Mardi

Posted at 6:37 PM on July 15, 2011

I saw this guy’s story on 20/20 or Nightline a few years ago.These were two teenagers following their hormonal -human instincts.There is no teen who would think to check the laws before becoming intimate with someone they feel attracted to. It is a shame that there is was no “gray” area in the sex offender law that would make an exception to this couples’ situation.As a mother to 3 teenage daughters and a teenage son, I paid close attention to the story when I first heard it and cautioned my kids to be aware of this law.(And discouraged teen sex) I see that Nikki’s Mom has lived to regret her actions but could not reverse them once put into motion.I feel bad for everyone involved, especially Frank. He is no child predator or sex offender. The law needs to be modified.