Doug Hutchison: I Was Unaware Bride Courtney Alexis Stodden Was A Teenager & She Made First Move!

Fri, July 15, 2011 12:05pm EST by 12 Comments

Doug, 51, and Courtney, 16, sit down with Good Morning America to discuss their marriage as Courtney shows off a bevy of barely there outfits — including her wedding dress!

Doug Hutchison and child bride Courtney Alexis Stodden sat down with Good Morning America July 15 and revealed the (horrifying) details of their May-December relationship. Most shocking, and questionable, were Doug’s claims that he had no idea Courtney was even a teenager and assumed she was in her 20s — a devastating blow that rocked his world.

“My world turned upside down…. It didn’t make me want to walk away, but it definitely was a struggle inside my heart … because I had already started falling for her.” It’s like a fairytale!

This falling in love took place online, like all storied romances, when Courtney signed up for one of Doug’s acting classes. “My mother was managing my career. Her friend told my mother that he holding some workshops for acting. And I was very interested in acting. So what better way than to connect that way?” Totally. What better way?

Sadly Courtney was in Washington and Doug Los Angeles, with the entire state of Oregon in between. Would they ever meet? Could their love last? Who would finally make the first move?

Courtney, who spent a majority of the interview licking her lips in somewhat of a haze, admitted it was her, and not Doug, who made the first move. “Well come on, he’s so handsome,” Courtney told Lara Spencer. To each their own I guess.

Next came the most beautiful moment in every relationship, when the man who is three times your age explains to your parents, who are younger than him, that he is falling in love with their barely old enough to drive daughter. “I said, Krista (Courtney’s clearly super strict mother), I don’t know if you know this or not, but your daughter and I are falling in love. If you and Alex have any misgivings whatsoever about this … I will respect you, and Courtney will respect you. And we will step back.” Swoon!

Krista, an early nominee for mother of the millennium, told Doug; “I can feel my daughter’s love for you. I can feel it inside of my heart.”

Courtney, an old soul with a penchant for aggressive makeup and push-up bras, says she remained a virgin until she and Doug were married and therefore no laws were broken. Also, Doug is a kid at heart. “I always joke with Courtney that one of the reasons we worked is ’cause she’s 16 going on 36, and I’m 51 going on 21.” How refreshing!

Check out more of the star crossed lovers below and let them inspire you to find your own summer romance this beautiful weekend!

So HollywoodLifers, would you take one of Doug’s acting classes?

Get All The Royal Gossip Here

1. Will & Kate Are ‘Down-To-Earth’, ‘Charming’, And ‘Humble’, Says Santa Barbara Polo Club President!
  2. Bonnie Says: Poor Pin Thin Kate Middleton Probably Fears Being Called ‘Princess of Pork’, Like Sarah Ferguson!
  3. Prince William & Kate Middleton ‘Go Under The Radar’ Until Christmas & Limit Public Outings! Will You Miss Them?

-Chris Spargo

wat verdient goed

Posted at 10:43 PM on July 9, 2012

Heya i’m for the first time here. I found this board and I to find It really helpful & it helped me out a lot. I am hoping to offer something again and aid others like you helped me.

Mariah

Posted at 11:11 PM on February 27, 2012

Okay, peeps, I’m from Ocean Shores, and know people close to this. Doug damned well DID know she was a teenager. And, her guy who allegedly claimed her cherry came forward, as well, so she was no virgin. Nothing about these two is truth, it is all lies upon lies. Her dad looks SO thrilled in that wedding photo, doesn’t he? Because his ball-busting psycho wife pushed him to sign the papers for her to marry some aging has-been. Go ahead, ask me about ANY of their claims, and I can give you the TRUTH of the matter. He’s not exactly rich, they do NOT live in a mansion, no pool, no hot tub. And this is just the beginning.

lol

Posted at 1:39 AM on July 16, 2011

she´s trying way too hard to be sexy, so unreal. SEx-eyeing him in the interview, sexy-walking the dog, sexy-blending the drinks… it is all a publicity stunt, a famewhore if you prefer. But what I really don´t get is HIM. Dude, you´re a supposed to be a mature, grown man!

Nikki

Posted at 10:40 PM on July 15, 2011

It is weird that a 16 year old married a 51 year old.
But they are cute together.

Jane

Posted at 6:13 PM on July 15, 2011

Older women that prey on younger men are called cougars. What do you call older men who prey on young girls….I guess dirty old men. I feel a reality show coming on.

Crissy

Posted at 6:01 PM on July 15, 2011

The way she was walking was like someone had a gun behind her back what’s wrong with her?

Chuck

Posted at 3:31 PM on July 15, 2011

There is no way she is 16. If she is, she is an old looking 16. I think this is a case of publicity seeking.

Ace

Posted at 5:24 PM on July 15, 2011

I agree…no way she is “16″

chandra

Posted at 1:44 PM on July 15, 2011

EWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!

debi981

Posted at 1:15 PM on July 15, 2011

Are you sure that she is 16 ???

kaas

Posted at 1:01 PM on July 15, 2011

this is just too gross for words yuck!

O_O

Posted at 12:52 PM on July 15, 2011

LOL did you see the faces she was making at him when he was talking. She tries way to hard to be sexy, when he found out how old she was, being the “smart mature man” that he is you would think that he would turn down her sexual advances. Oh well she is probably using him anyway for her career, before this no one knew who she was.