Taylor Lautner To Star In 'American Idiot?' He Was Out With The Film's Writer!

Thu, July 14, 2011 6:18pm EDT by 65 Comments

Taylor steps out with Dustin Lance Black and Gus Van Sant — do you think he is being considered for the film version of the popular rock musical?

Taylor Lautner enjoyed a lovely dinner at Bottega Louie in Los Angeles July 13 with two very unlikely companions — Oscar nominees Dustin Lance Black and Gus Van Sant. Is Taylor in talks to take a role in the film version of American Idiot?

Not to slight young Mr. Lautner, but Dustin and Gus seem like VERY unlikely dinner mates for the 19-year-old. Furthermore, news that Dustin is developing the script for American Idiot makes it seem like Taylor may be in talks to take a role in the rock musical. He might be looking for a departure after Twilight and the role of Johnny, the “Jesus of Suburbia,”  would be ideal. A sex crazed heroin addict is a far cry from the chaste and cordial werewolf he has played for the past four years.

Gus is not officially involved in the project but he could have been introducing the two as he was at one time in talks to direct the final two installments of Twilight, Breaking Dawn. Or, Gus could be replacing director Michael Mayer, who also directed the stage version, and taking the reigns of the upcoming film.

Gus is no stranger to rock films, having directed the critically acclaimed Last Days in 2005, a film that drew parallels to the lives of both Kurt Cobain and Elliott Smith.

Taylor’s reps tell HolywoodLife that any reports of Taylor working with Dustin or Gus is, “Not true.” But why would they be having dinner?

What do you think HollywoodLifers, could Taylor be starring in American Idiot?

Read More On R-Patz And K-Stew Here

1. If You PDA On A Plane Like Robert Pattinson & Kristen Stewart Did, Are You Being Rude To Other Passengers?
  2. Robert Pattinson Films On ‘Cosmopolis’ Set! Over 15 Minutes Of Video!
  3. Robert Gets His First Vacation In Four Years — Will He Spend Time With Kristen?

-Chris Spargo

buy

Posted at 2:32 AM on June 8, 2012

You recognize therefore considerably in relation to this subject, made me personally consider it from a lot of various angles. Its like men and women don’t seem to be fascinated except it’s something to accomplish with Woman gaga! Your individual stuffs outstanding. All the time care for it up!

Veronica

Posted at 4:28 PM on October 23, 2011

I think Taylor has promise and deserves a chance! Everyone is so hard on this kid, becuase of the over exposure Twlight and teen girls brought. Give him chance Gus knows his stuff. This would be good if he is involved.

Virginia

Posted at 2:58 PM on August 2, 2011

Eeeew I really hope this f#g doesn’t get the part. That would be a huge disgrace. I hope this doesn’t happen…I’m looking forward to this movie more than anything.

gloria21guns

Posted at 11:17 PM on August 2, 2011

God i agree with you so much. If he ends up getting the role, I’m not going to go see it. idc if I have a gun pointed to my head and if Billie, Mike, or Tre themselves disowned me as a Green Day fan >.< I don't want a bunch of freaking Twilight retards coming and ruining Green Day or AI for me by coming and pretending they know the music/band when they're really only there in hopes of him taking his shirt off.

aquarius64

Posted at 7:13 PM on July 25, 2011

@OH – you can go on Google to go on sites where TL has interviews. There was no panel per se. BTW, HL is still trying to sell this showmance by using stills from Abduction. If celeb couples can hide the truth about their relay from the public for months (J-Lo) or years (Maria Shriver) these two can as well.

guest

Posted at 7:54 PM on July 25, 2011

what? i thought you were trying to say this was a ‘showmance’ and now you’re saying that they might be going out because they can hide it from the public like “J-Lo” and “Maria Shriver”?

aquarius64

Posted at 8:28 PM on July 25, 2011

No. I still think they’re not dating now. They were blowing hot in the beginning but with circumstances such as no intimate pictures raised the questions. Especially if Lautner has been allegedly quoted recently “don’t believe everything you read”, the only thing that has been published is they are dating. I use the term “showmance” for keeping up appearances to avoid questions about a break up during promotional swings. I used the J-Lo and Shriver examples to state that celebs will keep up appearances for personal and professional reasons. Some say being murky about the relay status is to get buzz about Abduction.

SYD

Posted at 4:39 PM on July 23, 2011

At comic-con, a friend of mine asked Taylor, I was so shy lol, during the posters signing, about all the rumors, he said don’t believe everything you read.

aquarius64

Posted at 5:48 PM on July 23, 2011

What rumors? Most of the stuff that has been published in magazines and tabloids and posted in online articles are about Breaking Dawn and Abduction. What rumors did your friend ask him about where he answered “don’t believe everything you read”?

SYD

Posted at 6:08 AM on July 24, 2011

It was about his dating life.btw I’m part of all the people who never believed in their supposed romance.

aquarius64

Posted at 11:05 AM on July 24, 2011

So your friend asked point blank is he dating Lily or NOT dating Lily? Or is it the gay allegations that still crop up? If he’s dating her go public with the girl (declarative statement to a solid news outlet) or it continues to look like a showmance. Worse, Lily looks like a meaningless jumpoff. If not, stop keeping this lie alive.

SYD

Posted at 11:59 AM on July 24, 2011

I’m sorry she just asked him “what about your dating life” and he said don’t believe everything you read. But honestly do you really believe they are a couple? Like many said where are the proofs of intimacy after a year. Lautner is maybe single or maybe dating his high school girlfriend.
But if or his team pretend he’s dating her and don’t tell clearly well it’s pathetic. After reading about her you think she wouldn’t be happy to tell she’s his girlfriend? We know she would make jealous all of the Jacob’s fan. Come on I don’t buy it.

Anonymous

Posted at 9:52 PM on July 24, 2011

I’m sorry, maybe I’m wrong, but that kinda pisses me off. Taylor perpetuates the rumors/hype by taking Lily out for sushi and hanging out on the Breaking Dawn set and after-party with her, then tells a fan “Don’t believe everything you read.”???? What the hell is that? He’s playing games with his fans… JS.

aquariurs64

Posted at 10:56 PM on July 24, 2011

Take a look at the timeline. The Breaking Dawn “dates” were earlier this year. She was standing next to him at the MTVMAs after party and STILL described as “rumored” gf in the media to this day. This is the 2nd time I’ve read that someone asked about his love life and he said don’t believe what you read. Not ONE publication or online article has said they are over; they are going on the the assumption they’re dating. That’s what I think what he meant by that. Let’s face it – he hooked up with a girl who is incapable of loyalty; she dumped another guy for him. Throw in the unflattering accounts of her behavior and you got an opportunist who went after him because of his name and fame. Perhaps he realized he made a mistake with her and male pride is preventing him from lancing this boil. (Collins was after Taylor Swift, a high profile girl who did him wrong.) Or he already got rid of her and he just doesn’t want to address it publicly. This would be the 2nd time he let a girl play him. If it is over (I think it is) I hope he learned his lesson from his back to back mistakes and don’t take it out on the next girl.

Iscia

Posted at 3:28 PM on July 21, 2011

Hey ISCIA KNOWS? knows what? nowseriously?

Hugo

Posted at 3:55 PM on July 21, 2011

I’ve learn a lot more about the making of Abduction and all the publicity that comes with….

aquarius64

Posted at 5:36 PM on July 21, 2011

Oh do share. and please be able to corroborate what you know.

Hugo

Posted at 9:17 AM on July 23, 2011

I put a comment in answer to your request but Hollywoodlife did not let it in this page. Don’t know why. I came to see your answer but before I tell you what I know, I was saying we saw Lily collins’s boyfriend on Abduction’s set and at least 4 extras told me she was following and stick to Taylor Lautner on purpose just to give to paparazzi a chance to talk about her.Now today there are no evidence, no proofs they are dating. I also think that the “they had a low key relation-ship” is just an excuse to make people talk more about them and then “promote” their Abduction’s romance.

aquarius64

Posted at 12:10 PM on July 23, 2011

Wow. Interesting. Sounds like the claims that she follows him around have some merit. I’ve been reading the Comic Con stories and Abduction is being promoted there. The interviews Lautner have are the opportunities to formally declare her. He doesn’t. He refers to her in interviews as “Lily Collins” (pretty formal for an alleged gf). The love story is only described as there is one, no elaboration. The interviewers are not asking the question point blank. One interviewer eluded to the make out session and the awkwardness and Lautner refered to her as “warm”. Odd Lily is not there b/c she’s the female lead. She’s filming SW but other stars are allowed time off for promoting other projects.

Given what you said I think Lautner was hot for her at first but got wise and dumped her. He doesn’t want to contend with break-up questions while promoting so the status quo is maintained.

OH

Posted at 11:51 PM on July 24, 2011

Oh @Aquarius64 where did you find out about the Abduction panel? is there a website or something where i can go and read or watch what everyone said at the Abduction panel?

aquarius64

Posted at 11:47 AM on July 21, 2011

@nowseriously – sorry if I offended you in any way. I’m not a paid blogger and I don’t work for a PR team. I’m someone who indulges in a silly hobby. I do have a life. When there’s a celeb to whom I have a visceral reaction, I’m very expressive in my opinion.

You are saying PR teams have people go online to stauch negative public opinion? If that’s the case I wonder who Gia works for? Abduction is coming out.

Agronnie

Posted at 4:54 PM on July 18, 2011

These Oscar talents have more than ONE idea to discuss with Mr.Lautner who was with his agent. Earlier, Mr. Lautner stated he wants to try different characters esp to show his athletic side. I wish him every success.
Mr. Lautner is a hot commodity right now and is lining up any potential opportunities like all stars. WME agency will help to build this career b/c it adds to their income.

CAA is Lily’s agent (alongwith Julia Roberts, Oprah, etc)and now you see the connection with (Julia)the latest Snow White project now filming in Montreal. Years ago, Lily blogged about Taylor and Twilight cast at her BevHills home in Sept.2008 for a photoshoot so, she is not news to him. Her career needed help and TL is the right connection for her. What does an OLDER woman teach a young, handsome guy?
Some talent, tremendous connections, and luck will determine whose careers ARE MADE (good looks can help). Think about how the media can control what ppl think. Aquarius is right about her character…watch and see. BTW there were mixed reviews at Cannes about Abduction.

aquarius64

Posted at 6:38 PM on July 18, 2011

I will ask the similar question I asked Gia: How would you know such intimate detail about Lautner’s life, particular regarding negoitiations? Was this picked up in the trades? My distate for Lily is based on what was reported about the circumstances of their hook-up in the tabs. I don’t know her personally, but from consistent stories about this girl makes me think my initial impression is not unfounded. I shudder to think what you know about her. I’ve lost count on how many people have a negative vibe on her.

Iscia

Posted at 6:30 AM on July 19, 2011

hey aquarius!
I had nothing against her in the beginning but too many people share the same feelings about her and not all of them are Taylor’s fans.John Singleton himself didn’t mention her name when he was talking about the cast of Abduction in an interview.Some extras said she was rude and act like a diva on Abduction set and again i join aquarius, the reason why we can’t stand that girl is not because she’s dating taylor but for how that happened and face it, using the “taylor lautner” card must be great for her. She is cast in more roles since she is linked to him.Sorry but it’s the truth.

agronnie

Posted at 10:56 AM on July 19, 2011

@iscia I agree with you, except I really don’t care to watch her news/on screen.
Mr. Lautner decides how he spends his free time, chooses his roles, and makes his own mistakes.

nowseriously

Posted at 7:50 AM on July 20, 2011

@ aquarius64 I have a question: Which is your real point of view?

From: Justjared.buzznet.com
“aquarius64 @ 05/02/2011 at 6:37 am

@ thai: if it wasn’t for her famous “alleged” boyfriend she wouldn’t be getting this much attention (or mag covers). Personally I rather get into the papers for what I do instead of WHO I do. And she’s no angel: the story is she was a real witch on the set of Abduction, disrespectul to the director and some extras. Dumping a stuntman boyfriend to get with an A-list star doesn’t say much for her character either.”

Hugo

Posted at 8:34 AM on July 20, 2011

Well I think it’s obvious no?

aquarius64

Posted at 9:11 AM on July 20, 2011

I made no secret I don’t like the girl for the reasons I stated here and other boards. You must be a Lily fan (or relative) to feel you have to call me out on a statement I made two months ago. (What I’ve said on this thread is not really that much different.) And please don’t go to the usual fall back rebuttal of “you’re jealous”. It only shows you don’t have a solid argument. Too much negative things have been written and said about this girl (from different quarters) to make me change my opinion of her.

nowseriously

Posted at 9:13 AM on July 21, 2011

LOL!! Don’t freak! I’m just illustrating that your statements have a range of “negative” statements. I believe more along the lines of how celebrity’s publicists/agents follow some blogs and plant ideas or rebuttals to control the opinions of the fans. agronnie/LG have a good idea of how WE are “controlled”, but aside from that, Mr.Lautner is a good guy and there will be several faces he will be linked to him in the future….and I am not a relative to Ms Collins – Iscia KNOWS…

LG

Posted at 3:06 AM on July 19, 2011

I don’t understand why Taylor (or his PR people) would allow the public to think he was dating Lily if she is as distasteful as I keep hearing she is… wouldn’t that be BAD for his career? Especially considering the fact that most of Taylor’s fans are teens and tweenies who don’t want to see him dating ANYONE?
BTW agronnie – what DOES an OLDER woman teach a young, handsome guy? LOL

erik

Posted at 1:24 PM on July 17, 2011

worst idea of casting ever

anna

Posted at 1:22 PM on July 17, 2011

i don’t think he is a good actor

quenna

Posted at 8:59 AM on July 18, 2011

Well plenty of established directors and actors do..

Roxana

Posted at 7:47 PM on July 16, 2011

American Idiot will be a great movie. I just don’t believe Taylor could pull off being any character in this. I don’t believe this would be a good movie for him. After all, he himself has said he’s not musically talented. I don’t think this would be the problem though, he could always do some training. I just think he has the chops to ACT in something musical. But I do believe that if he could pull this off, he would be much more appreciated… But I just have a gut feeling that he won’t capture the film’s mood well at all. I really want to see Taylor in more comedies. Anyways, I hope this meeting wasn’t to discuss American Idiot. I do, however, hope they still talked business. Maybe they were talking ideas for a whole different movie. I would like to see Taylor in one of Gus’s films, just not this one. He needs to be recognized as something other than “Taylor Lautner, Twilight’s ABSolutely hunky werewolf.” I think it’d help if he did more public things, other than doing interviews for Twilight. He needs to do fun guy things that show his non-JacobBlack personality. However, I don’t want him doing anything just to break away from Twilight. I want him to be himself, an every day teenage guy.
And as for the gay remarks, I could believe he is… I just don’t want to, I’d be heartbroken. His posters are hanging up in my room right now, lol. Yes, I’d be heartbroken because I have a TREMENDOUS crush on him. As I do with Ricky Martin, Neil Patrick Harris, and Adam Lambert. Haha, all the good guys are gay. (sad face) Anyways, he seems gay to people mostly because of his tone of voice and the way pronounces words. And because his reasons for being straight aren’t all that strong. His celebrity relationships seemed very… awkwardly set up. He doesn’t really do much to send you a bunch of straight vibes. So maybe he is, maybe he’s not. You’re not famous until there’s rumors about you being gay, lol. I just really wish he wasn’t because, yes, I believe we’re soulmates, lol.

preach

Posted at 1:21 PM on July 17, 2011

agree with you 100%

Clay

Posted at 2:40 PM on July 16, 2011

This is how I see it. I agree with u all how in the hell do we know Gia if ur a friend. But the way I see it is many actors/actress meet directors/writers at resturants for “meetings” however in this case they might have been at the resturant at the same time so they decided to talk and hang out there. But does it really matter y he was there. He might have been there for a meeting or mayb he was hungry no reports have come from anyone at the resturant so no Gia i dont think u were there. As for this Lily Collins b.s. I see it like this. If they are dating thats great but there to much on the d.l. if there and if there not thats fine too where in the world does it say he has to date his co-stars and i know he did it before. And Gia nobody on this article has called him gay. Maybe he isnt with a bunch of girls cuz this is crunch time for him now Abduction and Comic Con then Breaking Dawn. Or maybe he just dont give a damn and he will date someone wheter it be a boy/girl when he finds the right one and when its the right time cuz love is out there for everybody it just takes time. And if were devoted fans we should be happy with whoever he is with if it makes him happy. And lastly if he is in talks for American Idioit alittle vocal training and he will do fine. If y’all agree with me reply back.

Gia

Posted at 10:57 PM on July 15, 2011

Yes ppl Taylor was talking about doing a future project however Taylor told them that he couldnt contribute anything to there projects because of his schedule.
So yes his reps were right Taylor will not be doing anything with them. That is one thing I like about Taylor he is always open to listen to other directors ideas even if he doesnt take the offer. Thats just the nice guy he is and it really drives me crazy how some ppl but not all call him gay when he isnt there are too many things that clearly show that he isnt. He tells in interviews what kinda girl he wants. He also played all kinds of sports and karate. Also there is also a video of him and his ex Sarah Hicks kissing. And yes him and Lily are togather its just to risky for them to be out now cuz she is filming and he has so much to do in L.A. but they talk to each other all the time. I know that last part had nothing to do with this but as a friend of his i should voice what i see from him everyday.

aquarius64

Posted at 12:08 AM on July 16, 2011

You’re claiming to be his friend? You could be the garbage collector from his neighborhood for all we know. Or someone from his PR team trying to sell this “showmance” to the public because of the doubts circulating on the ‘Net. Until he formally and publicly declares this girl himself, and not through a third party (that includes you), I’m not buying it. (Sorry perp walks at industry events and public venues don’t count, neither does beating around the bush) And why would it be too risky? Is her life in danger? Selena Gomez has been the target of racial slurs and death threaths because she’s dating Justin Beiber, but the two of them are very public. Lily is not very well liked in certain quarters (and I reside in one of them) and it’s not because she is allegedly dating him, but what has been mentioned about her personality. Disrespectful behavior to extras and to John Singleton, the director of Abduction, has been cited. The fact that she dumped her stuntmam boyfriend for A-list Lautner while filming Abduction doesn’t say much for her character. It was reported that stunt guy was broadsided with this news. Is there a fear of box office backlash because fans love him, but can’t stand the girl he’s suppose to be with? Fear that the circumstances of their on-set hookup would be resurrected and they would be forced to explain (or defend) their actions during a promotional swing? Lautner impresses me as a guy who doesn’t want negative publicity attached to him or his project, and this would be bad press. God help him if Lily’s ex gives his side of the story to a news outlet and it turns out not to be pretty. Worse if the story is picked up by others.

BTW a real friend would not put his supposed BFF’s business in the streets, especially when the streets are the internet. A friend would also be concern about the circumstances of the hook up. She cheats with him she can cheat on him.

Kaley

Posted at 3:34 AM on July 16, 2011

If Lily was there with him during that dinner, the sites that show the pic would have mention her name right? So no the dog wasn’t with him.
And i still maintain that it’s just publicity. A celebrity even if she wants to hide her relationship to the media can’t hide it longer or there is always “the” pic that shows “intimate moments”. Now in their case NOTHING really NOTHING. No allusions on Taylor going to visit her on the set of SW or whatever. So yeah they are not dating or it’s just for publicity or maybe they dated but that wasn’t too long because of Lily collin’s attitude of DIVA.

guest

Posted at 1:32 AM on July 16, 2011

I agreed with you Gia up until the part about him dating Lily Collins. I don’t believe they’re dating and your explanation that you gave for why they are never seen together makes no sense. But i did agree with your first part. But i’m skeptical about you being his friend though. Why would you be looking up your friend online?

Anonymous

Posted at 1:49 AM on July 16, 2011

I love Taylor and if he’s gay, so be it. But Gia, your reasons for why he isn’t gay are hysterical.
Because he talks in interviews about what kind of girls he wants? His career would be in jeopardy if he were gay and it got out – the first thing his PR people would do is tell him to pretend to have girlfriends (can you say ‘beard’?). And he plays sports and does karate so he isn’t gay? How old are you Gia? There are many sports figures and athletes who are gay! “Jock” is not synonomous with ‘straight’. Sorry. That is ridiculous. He had a girlfriend in high school? Most gay men did. Means nothing.
I’m not saying Taylor is gay. I must admit red flags have gone up on my gaydar many times where he is concerned. And he and Lily have about as much chemistry as oil and water. He doesn’t even touch the girl. (I have also heard the terrible rumors about Lily, but again, I’ve never met her, so I don’t know if they’re true). But even if Taylor is gay – it doesn’t matter. He’s a handsome, talented, charismatic guy and I wish him the best. But I don’t buy that he and Lily are dating and I don’t buy that you are his friend. You would have better reasons for him being straight than he kissed a girl in high school and plays sports. LOL
On the other hand – I think Taylor would make an awesome Johnny in American Idiot, which is what I understand they were discussing at this dinner. Except… Taylor always says he can’t sing. But that boy can do anything he sets his mind to. I think he’d be great!

Lia

Posted at 11:15 AM on July 16, 2011

AMEN! ;)

guest

Posted at 2:42 PM on July 16, 2011

Well Anonymous. I have one question for you…Why the hell do you think he’s gay? I’ve been trying to understand this for a long time and honestly the things people come up with like “gaydar” and all this crap is more REDICULOUS than the reasons Gia gave for why he is straight. What set off your “GAYDAR”? Just because he’s polite? Because he actually CARES about making sure he looks presentable in public instead of looking like a slob? Because his hair always looks good? Because he isn’t making out with girls out in the open for the paparazzi to capture? None of that proves ANYTHING! People need to remember that Taylor isn’t a regular guy and NOT because he’s gay, but because he’s a celebrity who cares about his image because he strives for success! NOTHING about him has ever made me think that he’s gay! And he’s always been with girls. I’ve never seen any pics of him going out on dates with some gay dude. Dustin Lance Black is an academy award winning screenwriter and he’s gay BUT he’s 37 YEARS OLD! Do you think he was hitting on Taylor? especially while with Gus Van Sant- a director? IS Gus even gay? i never read anything that said he is. and he’s ANCIENT anyway! you think they were talking about making porn video or making a great film? You are REDICULOUS “Anonymous”! GIVE ME REASONS WHY HE MIGHT BE GAY? Besides that fact that you and many other jealous men out there aren’t as successful, handome or gracious! That’s what makes him attractive to women.

Anonymous

Posted at 3:14 PM on July 16, 2011

Um, first off @guest – I’m a girl, not a guy. And I hope he’s straight for selfish reasons. LOL Don’t know why I seemed to piss you off – it wasn’t my intention. Everyone has gut feelings, and if you read my comment, bottom line, I said I don’t know if he’s gay or not. And it doesn’t matter. None of us know. I personally hope he’s not.
I still think he’s a charismatic, talented person and I’ll continue to see his movies and hope he has a long, successful career.

guest

Posted at 3:53 PM on July 16, 2011

Well it wasn’t my intention to come off “pissed off” it’s just annoying because i don’t understand why so many people think he’s gay. he seems like a genuinly nice and respectful gentleman. The only reason why i wrote that whole thing was just because i’m curious to know why he might seem gay to you. that’s all.

Anonymous

Posted at 6:01 PM on July 16, 2011

Oh god, I’ve loved Taylor since the first Twilight movie, BECAUSE he was polite and enthusiastic and eloquent. The strange thing is – I didn’t get a gay vibe from him till after he became more well-known – and I was never sure if it was because he’d been so brainwashed to give certain answers and act a certain way that his ‘real’ personality wasn’t allowed to shine through as much, or what. And my ‘gut feelings’ are the stereotypical things, certain effeminate gestures/comments he makes (NOT politeness, enthusiasm, graciousness to fans, good hygiene or eloquence – those are the things that I LOVE about him, aside from the fact I think he’s f**k-hawt! LOL). I don’t want to elaborate on the sterotypical ‘red-flags’, cos really, they’re not fair and may or may not mean anything. I do understand why some people think he might be gay and his choice in women is questionable (except for Sara Hicks who is beautiful and sweet and actually tweets back to her followers), but the others he always seems sooooo awkward with. They always appear to me to be PR set-ups. And that’s a form of manipulation/deception right there, which I don’t like. But other than that, I love Taylor.
Gay or straight.

Lia

Posted at 6:19 PM on July 16, 2011

i totally agree with you @anonymous…swift and collins definitely look like PR-setups to me as well…and selena gomez and him together fell more into the best friends category. and it still seems like that with all the hugging they do when they meet which is totally cute ;) the highschool girlfriends would be normal too. think of it, there are grown men, married with wif and kids who suddenly realise they’re gay…so having relationships with girls isn’t so off…i also think though, that taylor is gay. because, like you said there are certain very stereotype things, like his giggle, hand gestures, body language, the fact that he ALWAYS goes all awkward the moment people address him about girlfriends…last seen on jimmy fallon who started about bikini girls and so on…things that come up to an extent that can’t be named metrosexual anymore. but i think those people having a problem with the fact (or just the idea) that he might be gay, are the ones who a) idolise him to a really unhealthy amount and b) the teenaged girls who dream and believe of being his girlfriend and think they actually stand a chance. those are the ones who’d have their dreams and hearts crushed…

Gia

Posted at 7:00 PM on July 15, 2011

Alright Hollywoodlife this isnt the first time Taylor had dinner with a Director. As a matter of fact Taylor had dinner with director Rob Riener last Nov. 13 and this to was a business meeting. He never did a film project for Reiner but he went to the meeting. And thats what happened here it was a buisness meeting which Taylor didnt take the offer. How do I know cuz i wasnt to far away from where they were sitting.

Katelyn

Posted at 8:29 PM on July 15, 2011

What were they offering? A movie deal?

BK

Posted at 1:28 AM on July 16, 2011

Well then Gia you should already know then that Lily Collins was there too. She was right next to him while leaving the restaurant in pics and a paparazzi video. So…why would she be there if it was a business meeting just involving Rob and Taylor? I don’t doubt that Rob and Taylor met up there, but i would love to know (since you were there) why was Lily there too?

Anonymous

Posted at 12:09 AM on July 17, 2011

Exactly BK!! Even Rob Reiner said he was NOT having lunch with Taylor – Taylor just happened to be in Spago’s at the same time. I heard Taylor (and Lily) were at a lunch concerning Abduction and that there was also other cast and crew members from Abduction at Spago’s with them as well. But of course the paps just zeroed in on Taylor and Lily. And if you look at the pictures, Taylor’s agent, Thor is in the pic’s as well. Not a very romantic lunch when your agent is along, is it? I think we haven’t heard from Gia again because her false cover is blown. Nice try.

magg

Posted at 5:00 AM on July 17, 2011

Where is it mention lily’s name? If she was really there, do you think paparazzi wouldn’t have take a pic of her? OH REALLY? stupid. Don’t pretend she’s always around taylor during dinner or whatever because she’s not! We only see his agent and not the little collins puppy. Taylor can have dinner with directors or screenwriter, he’s an actor and of course he won’t be Jacob black or Nathan price all his life.
Concerning Lily collins, i doubt too that they are dating.Even if he never confirmed gomez and swift, we saw at least pics of them.Why collins didn’t sit next to him during the movie awards? Don’t give me the excuse of they have a low key relationship: I DON’T BELIEVE IT!!!!!Ater a so called year together , really??? Bieber and gomez couldn’t hide theirs longer. There is always the pic that shows “love” or at least love feelings between 2 people, in their case like Kaley said: NOTHING!
Now for those who think he’s gay, i have a guy friend who acts, speaks ect… just like him and who’s not GAY. I don’t see something effeminate in taylor’s manners. Actually for me the one who can be gay in the twilight saga is Robert Pattinson, i have nothing against him but he looks more gay than taylor.

BK

Posted at 3:47 PM on July 17, 2011

@magg I think you are misunderstanding what i was trying to say. I never said Collins trailed after him like a “little puppy” according to you. No one said Lily was at the dinner with Gus and Dustin. The only reason why she was brought is because no one believes they’re dating but it has nothing to do with this dinner. The dinner everyone was talking about with Lily was MONTHS AGO and it was actually lunch not dinner.

mila

Posted at 6:46 PM on July 15, 2011

I think he should, I’ve seen the show and I think he could pull it off.

Nr

Posted at 2:09 AM on July 15, 2011

Absolutely NOT! I have seen the show twice and there is no way Lautner can capture the essence of ANY character in the story. I really hope they don’t cast him, there are so many more performers who can shine in this film! a big NO!

no taylor

Posted at 1:28 PM on July 17, 2011

i agree with you, casting taylor would be a HUGE mistake, the broadway play was awsome and i don’t think he could be that character.

nessie bella

Posted at 10:58 PM on July 14, 2011

Taylor Daniel Lautner + Gus Van Sant = AWESOME MOVIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What are they waiting 4!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Gina

Posted at 7:16 PM on July 14, 2011

Sounds cool! He needs to break away from the Twilight image anyway. And I love the ‘American Idiot’ album. I hope the movie is just as good. I will see it if Taylor L’s in it.

not good idea

Posted at 6:49 PM on July 14, 2011

worst idea ever, let’s hope they choose someone that can act.

Miranda

Posted at 12:53 PM on July 16, 2011

Taylor can act fine, and if they do choose him they obviously think so. Taylor has money, success and talent. You don’t have any of these things.

Olivia

Posted at 6:47 PM on July 14, 2011

I hope he is working with them on a film of some kind. They’re very talented. And this could be exactly the film he needs to breakout and be taken seriously. He’s very talented and this could prove it.

vera

Posted at 2:10 AM on July 15, 2011

agree with you.
And I think that many of his underappreciated.
He was very convincing on screen.
And the fact that he still has the body beautiful, and he is very attractive, it’s a big plus.
Keep it up, Taylor, good luck to you!

Lilly

Posted at 6:27 PM on July 14, 2011

let’s hope these 2 Oscar people dont consider him. I’m sorry but other than exposing his body, this kid has NO talent what-so-ever. so him working with people who can be in any way related to Oscars…no it just shouldnt happen

Miranda

Posted at 12:51 PM on July 16, 2011

Well Gus Van Sant and Lance Black obviously think he has something. As do the other directors and actors who’ve worked with him think he has talent. So clearly they have better taste than you!

M

Posted at 4:04 PM on July 22, 2011

A friend of mine told me the same and i have to say I agree with you.