Nicole stepped out in a red dress and lipstick July 13 for the NYC screening of ‘Snow Flower And The Secret Fan’ a few weeks after Diane rocked the red-on-red look.
It’s a bold move to wear such a vibrant color on your body and your lips, but Nicole Kidman and Diane Kruger look great. You can try the look too with these three tips!
In a HollywoodLife.com poll, more than 75% of readers said they would wear red lipstick with a red dress. Now that we know you’re brave enough to try a sexy-but-daring look, here are three tips for getting it right!
- Match the shades of red as best as you can! If you’re wearing a fire engine red outfit, don’t go with an orange-red lip color. Keep it consistent.
- If you’re going to wear the look, keep it clean! Line your lips with a lip liner that is the same or very similar to your lipstick shade and fill your lips in completely with the liner before applying your lipstick. Try to avoid using a gloss because the look may start to move around on your lips and blot a few times before leaving the house.
- Keep the rest of your makeup simple. If you are already wearing a strong-colored outfit and lip color, there’s no need to go overboard with your eye makeup or blush. That’s just too much to take in. Make sure the rest of your makeup is very neutral.
Now you’re ready to rock your red look!
See More Red Carpet Looks!
- Diane Kruger’s Shimmering Gold Lips Are So Chic — Get Her Gilded Look!
- Emma Watson Sparkles At The NYC ‘Harry Potter’ Premiere — Get Her Glittery Look!
- BFF’s Lauren Conrad Vs. Lo Bosworth — Who Has The Best Summer Look?