Kirstin Says: Selena Gomez & Demi Lovato Need A TV Show Together — Here's Why!

Wed, July 13, 2011 3:36pm EDT by 10 Comments

With both of their careers flourishing, I’d love to see former BFFs Selena Gomez and Demi Lovato co-star on a network sitcom with each other! Would YOU watch their show?

Demi Lovato and Selena Gomez have been best friends since waiting outside Barney auditions in Texas nearly 10 years ago — and despite a recent road bump in their relationship, I think they should capitalize on each of their current successes AND their fabulous chemistry by co-starring on a prime-time sitcom or variety show about their lives! Wouldn’t that be epic?

Career-wise, Demi and Selena, both 18, are each at their prime. With her fourth album out, a hot boyfriend, a clothing line AND a movie in theaters, Selena is truly on fire. Demi’s situation is a little different: after spending some time in treatment late last year, the talented performer is rip-roaring ready for her comeback. In fact, her single “Skyscraper,” hit the number one spot on the iTunes charts less than 12 hours after being released July 12!

Both of the girls’ hit Disney TV shows — Wizards of Waverly Place and Sonny with a Chance — wrapped this year, and they have expressed wanting to go down different paths. (Demi is focusing on her music; Selena is taking the world by storm.) However, I think Demi and Selena shine most when they are on the small screen.

After the smoke dies down from their latest achievements, these girls should seriously consider taking their talents to a sitcom/sketch comedy show on a big girl’s network, like ABC or FOX. Demi and Selena have great on-camera chemistry (as proven in their made-for-Disney Channel movie, Princess Protection Program, ala 2008), fabulous comedic timing AND tons of A-list celeb friends who would happily help promote and guest star. We haven’t seen a variety program like The Carol Burnett Show in years — and audiences would eat up Demi and Selena with a spoon.

What do YOU think? Would you like to see Selena and Demi utilize their many talents together every week on the small screen? Sound off below!

sarah solomon

Posted at 3:42 AM on October 22, 2011

i love you both..i wouldn’t miss a show

nae nae

Posted at 3:30 PM on July 20, 2011

I think I will watch there show but I dont like selena gomez she’s to mean and she dont know how to act Selena Gomez show is boring it made me go to sleep like demi lovato show is funny and active and she is a sweet heart

vikram

Posted at 9:54 AM on July 14, 2011

BOTH R BEAUTIFUL
selena u r so sweet

Steph

Posted at 9:22 AM on July 14, 2011

YES, YES, YES PLEASE!
I personally think the show would do amazingly. Regardless of whether they do it with Disney or not, their fan base will move with them… and grow, too. But yes, I think that’s a crackin’ idea!

samy

Posted at 9:48 PM on July 13, 2011

omg i love them both ther are so beautiful they are bffs

Sandy

Posted at 7:37 PM on July 13, 2011

Why not? They have full on chemistry, this would be good for them, their fans, and why can’t some of her fans move over to another channel other than Disney? They both have left it, and most of their audience have grown with them, so we selenators & lovatics don’t mind. But, i do agree.
I think these two young ladies need to get close to each other like before! Damn it, we all get excited when we see them even send a tweet towards each other now, before we would be anxious for a new picture of video from them. It’s really sad. ;(
I think if they make the show just right & fun & with a good paying network. It could work! I love Demi & Selena!
Doesn’t matter if it starts like 2 or 4 years later, I would see it!

Chantal

Posted at 7:41 PM on July 13, 2011

I totally agree w/ you! It’s a FABULOUS idea.

dumas1000

Posted at 5:09 PM on July 13, 2011

Demi doesn’t want a show. She wasn’t fired from her last one. Her record contract is still with Disney, so it’s not like Disney didn’t want her anymore. There’s too much pressure and work and too much potential for negative self-evaluation involved in television. I also heard that Disney is notoriously cheap. In comparision to what might be considered fair competition for going rates, Disney pays their stars next to nothing. If they went over to a real network, the money involved could entice just about anyone. It’s debateable whether they could find an audience though.

Umm...no

Posted at 4:19 PM on July 13, 2011

I love Demi and Selena’s okay too but I wouldn’t watch their show. Maybe if it was really well done, but I’m sure it wouldn’t work out, especially since Demi had to quit her old show because she knew she couldn’t handle the pressure.

Kirstin Benson

Posted at 4:32 PM on July 13, 2011

In the perfect world, of course the show would be really well-done. Plus, I think after Demi matures a bit, she’ll be able to handle the pressures of Hollywood again.