Demi Lovato Debuts 'Skyscraper' Music Video — Do You Feel Inspired?

Wed, July 13, 2011 8:22pm EDT by 5 Comments

After a long wait, Demi Lovato’s ‘Skyscraper’ music video premiered July 13 — and it totally lives up to our expectations!

Demi Lovato isn’t backing down to the pressures of the world and her new video for her single, “Skyscraper,” proves it. Dressed in an all white flowing dress in the empty desert, the 18-year-old starlet sings with tears gathering in her eyes. She looks like she’s been through a war, but nothing will bring her down.

At one point, we even see her cross tattoo on her wrist. Unlike so many videos with tons of costume changes and different scenes, Demi kept “Skyscraper” simple — and it totally works.

“For me it was…so symbolic, it being the song I recorded before treatment and yet it was providing a message,” Demi told Ryan Seacrest. “It’s so crazy the way things played out, that it ended up being my symbol and it represented what I’m trying to spread the word about—getting help and rising above any issues that [I and] my fans are dealing with.”

What do YOU think of Demi’s new video? Sound off below.

Kirstin Benson

Dem's

Posted at 8:01 AM on July 14, 2011

Beautiful. Thanks to the very talented Demi Lovato

nmh7221

Posted at 4:22 AM on July 14, 2011

Omigosh… This is so inspiring! I felt like crying.. it was so beautiful in it’s own unique way… Demi you are so amazing! <3 <3

debi981

Posted at 3:21 AM on July 14, 2011

It’s her best song !! I love it. It’s absolutely inspiring. Love you Demiiii <333

ILoveDemi

Posted at 9:10 PM on July 13, 2011

Loved it. It’s inspiring….and kinda sad. It sounds like she wrote it based on what happened to her when Joe broke up with her and cracked her heart open, like she’s put her feelings into this song. Beautiful. UGH. I HATE JOE JONAS. I only hate him because of what he did to Demi….she was so happy with him. Ugh. That despised, obnoxious boy. He’s not worthy of love. He should die alone. How can he walk in public without (a least) covering his face and not-be ashamed of himself?! He makes me sick.
Loved the song.I’m really happy for Demi, that she’s over him. He’s a sucker, jerk. She’s too good for him. I hope Demi doesn’t make the same mistake again.

Sapphire

Posted at 8:50 PM on July 13, 2011

Demi Is Inspiring…. I Love The Concept Of The Video… I Believe In Demi Forever And Always <3 <3