'Degrassi' Scoop: Munro Chambers Tells Us Why Eli 'Gets Scared' In Season 11

Wed, July 13, 2011 9:03pm EDT by 88 Comments

Plus, Munro introduces us to Eli’s new admirer, Imogen! Will sparks fly, or will things just get awkward?

You’d think a car crash and a break up would change a person — and you’d be right. When Degrassi returns for its 11th season July 18, you’ll see a very different version of Eli (Munro Chambers), the emo prince of Degrassi Community School. “He’s trying to get better,” Munro told me on a recent visit to the show’s Toronto set. And while his breakup from Clare (Aislinn Paul) is sure to cause some damage

Enter Imogen (Cristine Prosperi), the new girl in school with a flare for theatrics. And a flare for Eli.

“She’s a very awkward character,” Munro says of Imogen. “She knows everything about Eli, and we don’t know why. She’s one to look out for.”

Watch my interview with Munro below, then tell me what you think about Munro’s future with Imogen:

Loading video...

— Andy Swift

Follow Andy on Twitter for more Degrassi exclusives

Lexy

Posted at 5:59 AM on August 4, 2011

Imogen is the one i pick. Clare completely broke and shattered Eli to pieces. to the point where he needs to take MEDICATION!! Imogen knows how to help him heal and deal with what hes going through. Definitely Imogen! Clare lost an amazing guy. Her fault. Her loss.

alexcia

Posted at 9:40 PM on August 6, 2011

Who cares what you think eli and clare belongs together and almost EVERYONE thinks so also :/ SO JUST BUILD A BRIDGE AND GET OVER IT.

uhm

Posted at 5:27 PM on February 22, 2012

everyone is entitled to their opinions, you have yours so does she. get over yourself, and stop getting all pissy over what someone else thinks. you should take your own advice; if someone disagrees, GET OVER IT.

Kenzie

Posted at 4:42 PM on July 31, 2011

In my opinion…Eclares better(:
i love them together…!
End Of Storyyy!

Alexcia

Posted at 9:38 PM on August 6, 2011

You got that right and to all haterz that say imogen and eli belongs together yall dont know what love is and I say eli and clare belong TOGETHER 4EVER.

natalie

Posted at 4:00 PM on July 31, 2011

i say that eclare should stay. but at the same time imogen and eli make the show more suspensful and really good. they are the mostly(to me) the most important characters in the show. imogen, clare, and eli. but i say eli has suffered alot and he should find someone better. although clare was mean to him.

natalie

Posted at 3:59 PM on July 31, 2011

i say that eclare should stay. but at the same time imogen and eli make the show more suspensful and really good. they are the mostly(to me) the most important characters in the show. imogen, clare, and eli. but i say eli has suffered alot and hsould find someone better. although clare was mean to him.

imogeli

Posted at 4:20 PM on July 29, 2011

i honestly think that you guys should stop hating on imogen shes good for eli an clare did eli wrong and jake and clare are cute couple to imogeli is the new eclare GET OVER IT !

britt

Posted at 11:24 AM on August 3, 2011

Ok you know what fuck you I hope imogen dies in a fucking hole never to be found again! Eclare is the couple everyone loves and wants back. I don’t like imogen and I never will. >:(

Oh and imogeli I hope you die in a hole never to be found again ha :P

alexcia

Posted at 9:44 PM on August 6, 2011

First of all let me get YOUR facts straight eli and clare is a beautiful couple and just like I told the others Build A BRIDGE AND GET OVER IT.THHANK YOU AND YOU WELCOME

jenna

Posted at 11:23 AM on July 28, 2011

After last night’s episode, I totally ship Imogeli. They look so cute together and I loved the way Eli stared after her as she walked away. I hope they get together :)

Moni

Posted at 2:13 PM on July 27, 2011

Im WiTh YeWw Ri EcLaRe sHoUlD sTaY aNd CaKe sHoUlD Go!!!!!!!bUt i StIlL tHiNk ElI dEseRvEs sOmEoNe BeTtEr ThAn ClArE oR ImOqEn!!!!!!ECLARE 4evah

Ri

Posted at 11:04 AM on July 27, 2011

i think Eclare should definitley stay(: haha like he said imogen’s a weirdo..and i was never for clare and kc XD haha i think clare looks and is better with eli…jake seems too..idk he seems more of the guy to have alot of girls around and with him. i dont think thats best for clare lol. and moni is right! i think alot of eclare fanatics will stop watching. i mean some of them only watch it because the suspense between eli and clare(; and if he just gives in to “imoli” or “eligen” (dont those sound like deadly toxins or diseases? while “eclare” sounds so sweet and donuty XD)they wont want to see it anymore..haha ECLARE FIGHTING/FOR THE WIN(:

alexcia

Posted at 9:46 PM on August 6, 2011

thank you tell the haterz that because obviously they dont understand.

moni

Posted at 1:46 AM on July 27, 2011

ElI aNd ClArE sHoUlD GeT bAcK tOgEtHeR oR tHe ShOw wIlL lOsE a LoT oF fAnS BuT ELi DeSeRvEs sOmEoNe BeTtEr ThAn ClArE AnD ImOgEn!!!oHhHH AnD By ThE WaY aM aN ECLARE fAn 4eVah

lanny

Posted at 5:15 PM on July 26, 2011

clare should stay with eli because to me they make the greatest couple and eli is cute and clare is pretty

Katherine

Posted at 10:00 AM on July 26, 2011

Clare and Eli do not in any way HAVE to be together. You just WANT them together. But in reality they may be “Better Off Alone” ;)

Starr Laverna

Posted at 9:49 AM on July 26, 2011

If you guys still ship Eli and Clare, then you are being too close-minded. Remember when people still shipped KC and Clare, and then Eli was in a few episodes and everyone changed their minds? Maybe you guys will change your minds this time, too. You have to give Eli & Imogen and Clare & Jake a chance. Eli and Clare are NOT as perfect a couple as everyone makes them out to be.

Andreia

Posted at 9:04 AM on July 26, 2011

Eh.. It’s not so much that I hate Imogen but the way she talked to Fiona (bit rude) makes me think she’s a bit of a snob. Eli needs to be with someone super kind and stuff.

anna

Posted at 4:29 PM on July 25, 2011

maybe imogen and eli are old friends and he does not remember her and when he gets freaked out it was maybe becuz like i said they are maybe old friend and she used to freak him out all the time

connor

Posted at 2:43 PM on July 25, 2011

It was kina sad and romantic what Eli did for Clare by crashing his car but also stupid i think he should just talk to her help her get over them because it will help him to, and you never know maybe they could get back together… that would not be to bad….. P.S. Eli is one of my fave people on Degrassi :) i just hope the best for him :)

connor

Posted at 2:45 PM on July 25, 2011

why did i say Eli is one of my fave he is my fave

Fantasia

Posted at 2:01 PM on July 25, 2011

I think that Imogen and Eli might be better i thought him and Clare were perfect but its over and everone pretty much nows that Clare is going to be with jake and Eli is going to be with Imogen.

eclare fohevah!

Posted at 1:49 PM on July 25, 2011

i going to get REALLY PISSED if eli and clareee break up but you can tell they both have feeling for each other ELI AND CLARE FOREVER!

Diana Goldsworthy

Posted at 7:58 PM on July 25, 2011

They broke up in April… but I’m still PISSED. Eli and Clare belong together :’(

Kelly Chambers

Posted at 8:45 PM on July 22, 2011

First of all Imogen should back off and lett Eli and clare make up and go on with there lives!TOGETHER!!! and Second i can tell eli still has feelings for clare.

Taura

Posted at 1:04 PM on July 21, 2011

Eli is sooo sexy in Degressi i think him and Clare make the cutest couple ever in the show/movies but everyone thinks he should be with Clare but Clare broke his heart i am the BIGGEST Degrassi fan ever !!!!!! <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3

Nadia

Posted at 12:39 PM on July 20, 2011

For now I think he should try it with Imogen because right now I think Clare might be feeling sparks with a different character, Jake Martin!!

~But i do love Eclare better

Lindsey Casey

Posted at 11:57 AM on July 20, 2011

I think Eli should date Imogen because with clare he went all cyco on her and I think Eli needs to get over clare

MunroLover

Posted at 12:04 AM on July 20, 2011

I think Imogen looks super cool and they sound like an awesome couple but like ELI AND CLARE ARE TOGETHERR FOREVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! so i dont know ohhhhhh and ELI ACTING NORMAL MAKES HIM SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO HOTTTTTTTT but its only cuz he is on antibiotics..

Shayleigh

Posted at 12:39 AM on July 22, 2011

Anti-biotics? He doesn’t have an infection. He’s on anti-anxiety medication. It’s a really strong ant-depressant.

coraline

Posted at 1:53 PM on July 19, 2011

ELI AND CLARE ♥ FOREVER….they make the cutest couple
everr!!!! i want them to end up together and i think most ppl would agree the same thing

eli is super hott

Eli_Imogen

Posted at 1:17 AM on July 19, 2011

I Think Imogen and Eli would be cute. :)

Jae

Posted at 8:21 PM on July 19, 2011

Your right, but Clare and Eli deserve to be together. They are just the cutest couple ya know.

Moni

Posted at 2:30 PM on July 27, 2011

ElI aNd ImOgEn DoNt MaKe a cUtE CoUpLe ElI iS sOoOoOO hOt aNd ImOgEn Is WiErD

eli lover

Posted at 4:14 PM on July 29, 2011

me to people need to move on

Jay

Posted at 9:40 PM on July 18, 2011

Eli belongs with Clare. They’re my favorite couple out of all the others. NO NEW GIRL! Eli + Clare = a very happy world.

Chala

Posted at 2:13 PM on July 24, 2011

I think the show is going to have them together for a while, even though I disagree with it. Eli and Imogen are going to go out. Eli won’t want to deal with her at first, but feeling are going to grow. Clare is going to go for that new kid in town, the guy that kissed her. And sparks are going to fly there.
But, in the end, i think Eli and Clare will end up back together. I mean, come on, it’s Eli and Clare. The have to get back together or too many fans are going to be pissed off. Ha ha. Yeahh.
That’s just my guess.

Mamadoue

Posted at 10:17 PM on July 26, 2011

I actually agree with chala. There’s no love without fight.. Eli and Clare are still in love. I don’t see degrassi without them.. THEY HAVE TO BE TOGETHER, and this new girl is kind of freaky(in the bad way). So yeah.. Degrassi people think twice before a real change between Clare and Eli. That’s all I have to say :) peace. I’M OUT!!