'Degrassi' Scoop: Munro Chambers Tells Us Why Eli 'Gets Scared' In Season 11

Wed, July 13, 2011 9:03pm EST by 88 Comments

Plus, Munro introduces us to Eli’s new admirer, Imogen! Will sparks fly, or will things just get awkward?

You’d think a car crash and a break up would change a person — and you’d be right. When Degrassi returns for its 11th season July 18, you’ll see a very different version of Eli (Munro Chambers), the emo prince of Degrassi Community School. “He’s trying to get better,” Munro told me on a recent visit to the show’s Toronto set. And while his breakup from Clare (Aislinn Paul) is sure to cause some damage

Enter Imogen (Cristine Prosperi), the new girl in school with a flare for theatrics. And a flare for Eli.

“She’s a very awkward character,” Munro says of Imogen. “She knows everything about Eli, and we don’t know why. She’s one to look out for.”

Watch my interview with Munro below, then tell me what you think about Munro’s future with Imogen:

Loading video...

— Andy Swift

Follow Andy on Twitter for more Degrassi exclusives

Natasha

Posted at 2:36 PM on April 21, 2013

Hello! i was looking information of season 13 and i didnt see munro´s name!, can someone tell me if he is gonna be in the season! (sorry for my english im from Venezuela) Thanks!!

yeaheli

Posted at 5:16 AM on June 17, 2012

eli belongs with clare they’re so cute toghether.
eclare is awesome i loved them just got some hope they will be back together

Eclare 201

Posted at 2:04 AM on January 7, 2012

Eli belongs with Clare she is dependable and he got better he deserves another chance with Clare and come on Eclare sounds so much better than Cake really and Eli never once cheated on Clare Jake did cheat he is a cheater and a liar i am an Eclare fan all the way I believe if the show decides to put Eli together with Clare from the recent polls a lot more fans will be happy than if he ends up with Imogen besides she is weird and creepy not on the emotional level like Eli No just plain crazy they do not belong together Clare has helped him and helped him get over Julia which was a huge step for him. One final thing GO ECLARE!!!!!!!!!

whatever

Posted at 5:24 PM on February 22, 2012

imogen is weird? yeah, ok. is eli weird? yeah. is clare? no. she TRIED to when she liked eli, so she’s no weirder than imogen. eli crashed his car into the wall, that’s a little obsessive. and he’s constantly tried to break clare and jake up. he’s crazy, i love eli, but he is. clare wants him to take his meds but imogen tries to actually HELP eli with his problems. i think everyone should give up on clare and eli, they were just so awkward to watch, they didn’t look good together. even after jake cheated on her WITH HER BEST FRIEND, which is not only wrong on ONE level but TWO. she’s stupid for taking him back, and it seems like if she were to get back together with eli, she would cheat on him with jake.

laurine

Posted at 4:32 PM on January 1, 2014

I quite agree with you Eclare201

Hali

Posted at 8:36 PM on November 23, 2011

I say eli should be with clare because they have so much chemistry on screen its unbelievable. Anyone who can make their love feel and look so real needs to be together forever. Imogen is crazy so eli doesnt need her messing with his emotions and plus she is a stalker.

Eclare 201

Posted at 2:16 AM on January 7, 2012

I completely agree plus just Eclare sounds soooo much better than Cake(uggghhhh) I believe Clare and Eli belong together way more now than ever he changed and now I believe they can move past their past and head toward a promising future she can go places and Eli can be right there by Clares side supporting and more loving than ever before.!!!!!!!!!I LOVE ECLAE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

larissa

Posted at 2:30 PM on October 15, 2011

No way!

Jett Noir

Posted at 2:18 PM on August 25, 2011

Choose not chose. And she not he.

Jett Noir

Posted at 2:17 PM on August 25, 2011

I don’t chose either. I used to like Clare, but after awhile her stupid reactions were just messed up on so many levels. I think Imogen messes with Eli’s emotions way too much. I understand that Eli can teeter from one emotion to another rather quickly, but nonetheless, he does mess with his head from time to time, which isn’t right considering that she wants to be with him. What Imogen does it no way to win Eli’s heart.

Haley

Posted at 8:19 PM on August 6, 2011

I say fuck Imogen because Clare is Eli’s.

Jen

Posted at 6:01 AM on August 4, 2011

I say Imogen. She knows how to dance her way around Eli’s emotions and help him with stupid Clare’s decision to break up. Its completely obvious that Imogen cares about Eli. I pick Imogen