'Basketball Wives' Star Jennifer Williams Blogs: I'm Not Jealous Of Evelyn's Engagement!

Tue, July 12, 2011 10:49am EDT by 57 Comments

‘Basketball Wives’ star Jennifer Williams is blogging for HollywoodLife.com, sharing her thoughts about each episode! Read what she says below!

Coming out of a marriage can be difficult, I definitely needed time to heal and process my feelings. Once I came to grips with everything, I decided to celebrate and plan a divorce party. Evelyn and I take a trip to Pleasure Emporium which is a staple on South Beach. This store is huge with all types of sex toys, which I am clueless about! Evelyn specializes in this department. I quickly got a full lesson about vibrators, bullets, and rocket pockets. Hoping maybe the girls will surprise me with a gift from Pleasure Emporium at my divorce party … hmmm!

I just want to clear the air about this whole Evelyn and Chad engagement. Evelyn did not call and tell me that she got engaged, she tweeted something and people starting asking me. So I was waiting for her to call me and tell me the news, and she didn’t tell me for quite some time. When I did speak to her, I expressed my concerns because she had just gotten out of a bad relationship and I didn’t want to see her hurt again. For her and Noe to imply that I was jealous was a little shocking. I have no need to be jealous, I have been married and I know what it is like to be a wife. Evelyn and I were friends’ way before this show. I have watched her and helped her through two breakups with Antoine Walker just as she has watched me get married and helped me cope with my divorce.

And yes I may be going through a divorce, but it is a decision that I made and I am very happy with my life at the moment.

“Ciao Bella” woohoo! I was so excited to get the word about the girl’s trip to Rome, Italy. It is always good to escape Miami for a bit. The issue is who is in and who is out? I don’t have any issues with Meeka so I was cool with her going. She can be a bit chatty but I think she is just trying to fit in with all of us because she is new to the group. I was definitely cool with Royce not going to Italy because I have my issues with her plus neither Evelyn or Shaunie really care for Royce at this point. As Evelyn would say, she is “a non-factor!” Tami on the other hand, is not happy Royce won’t be going to Italy with us. She definitely would prefer Royce going instead of Meeka because they have had their differences in the past. Tami feels like there is going to be drama, I am hoping they can kiss and makeup. Stay tuned for that update!

Just as Suzie and I thought we would be finding some Italian Stallions in Italy, here comes the drama! So much for a fun relaxing girls trip, this trip definitely goes down in the memory books … So much more to come in the beautiful city of Rome!

- Jennifer Williams

SLAM DUNK With More ‘Basketball Wives’ News HERE!

1. ‘Basketball Wives’ Star Shaunie O’Neal: ‘I’m Not Happy Right Now’
  2. ‘Basketball Wives’: Jennifer Shops For Divorce Party Sex Toys & Brian Stares At Royce’s Vagina — Ugh!
  3. ‘Basketball Wives’ Star Jennifer Williams Blogs: I Need Time To Heal Before Dating Seriously Again!

ASKIRT

Posted at 10:19 PM on July 20, 2011

I REALIZE THAT THE SHAUNIE STAGES ALOT OF THIS FOR TV AND YOU REALLY CANT GET MAD ABOUT IT, BUT I’AM SHAUNIE NEEDS TO STAY OFF THE SHOW AND JUST PRODUCE ALL SHE DOES IS COME IN AND SET STUFF UP. SISTERS CAN BE REAL WITH ALL THE STAGED DRAMA. BUT I GUESS EVELYN AND JEN WERE THE NEXT THING SHE COULD DO SINCE ROYCE IS BACK SEAT FOR NOW. I TELL YOU” REALITY TV” JUST AINT REALITY AT ALL. SHAUNIE JUST SET UP THERE AND INSTIGATED. EVELYN WOMEN UP AND STOP CRYING.

askirt

Posted at 10:12 PM on July 20, 2011

EVELYN IS A DRAMA QUEEN AND IM SICK OF HER CRYING. SHE ACTS AS IF SHE IS THE ONLY ONE CAN SAY SOMETHING AND EVERYONE SHOULD BE OK WITH IT. SHE HAS TOLD JEN TO CHEAT ON HER HUSBAND AND ALL KINDS OF MESS ON TV. SO WHY IS SHE SO UPSET ABOUT THIS INTERVIEW. CHAD IS A MEDIA WHORE EVELYN SPEAKS HER OPINIONS ALL THE TIME AND SHE DOSENT APOLOGIZE FOR THEM BECAUSE THE IS SO REAL. YOUR BFF’S DONT ALWAYS LIKE YOUR BOYFRIEND OR HUSBAND EVELYN MADE IT CLEAR HOW SHE FELT ABOUT ERIC SO WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE. GET OVER IT EVELYN AND GUESS WHAT CHAD IS GOING TO CHEAT ON YOU TOO.

Marquita

Posted at 10:44 AM on July 20, 2011

i feel like evelyn was moving to to fast as a friend you where surposed let her no but the way she found out was heartbreaking you shouldnt of spoke to the public about your friends relationship but i guess you learn from your mistakes , but you where wrong sweetie .

Beautiful

Posted at 10:50 PM on July 19, 2011

I do not think you are jealous of Evelyn in no shape or form period and point blank. Just because someone has different opinions or don’t agree one has to be jealous oh please get a life. I honestly think she might be jealous of you or you inspire her thats why when anyone tries to be friends with you she must jump up and talk for you or get defensive and it is so HS. As for Meeka, I do think she came in wrong but for Tami to keep nagging her is childish you either like her or don’t. I feel meeka can potentially be a friend that you can hang or chill with but with Tami always bringing random crap up at random times no one will even let the girl in or give her a chance. Evelyn is jumping on Tami’s waggon by talking crap about Meeka and its pretty wack. I liked that Meeka hooked you up on that date even if he wasn’t your type, it was a fun experience she just wanted you to have fun. I hope you speak for yourself more often and stop letting Evelyn be the leader because thats how it looks to the public, without you Evelyn is nothing and thats why she is afraid to lose you but to the public it looks vise versa. I think Evelyn is a good friend to YOU but she has childish ghetto ways that makes her look horrible. I hope you guys work it out without you looking like you apologized for stating your opinion

justanote

Posted at 9:55 AM on July 19, 2011

One more thing…. Jenn, when you have your next big cry moment, try not to peek at the camera.

justanote

Posted at 9:54 AM on July 19, 2011

Evilyn thinks everyone is like her that’s why she got so angry (plus the fact that the cameras were rolling). She is so jealous and hateful. She said in the very beginning that 8 5 would NEVER come between her and her girl, that she’d never choose… Fast forward to the recent episode. What did Evil do? Threw her GIRL under the bus for something Fool has been saying all along. I don’t think this is the real issue. And the “friend” Noe, he was quick to come up with the “she’s jealous”. Also, did you notice how Evil attitude changed when Fool said she’d been set up by Greasa? I don’t care for Fool but I’m on her team for this one…

Valerie valentina

Posted at 7:20 PM on July 17, 2011

The interview I didn’t think you said anything wrong,Evelyn needs to know a true friend when she has one.Good luck with your new chapter you deserve the best.valerievalentina.com

Raine

Posted at 12:04 PM on July 15, 2011

Jennifer needs to drop Evelyn like a bad habit. Evelyn does not know how to put on her big girl panites, or should I say thongs & look beyond what someone else is telling her. NOE is jealous that’s why his flaming behind said the things he did. Rome was not the place to discuss her issue she had with Jen. Evelyn doesn’t know how to be a true friend if she was, she would have reevaluated her problem & realize that Jen is real with her. None of us like to hear the truth about ourselves and we can find plenty of people to accomadate us in that area, but they are not true friends. In this life time if you can find one person who will keep it real with you at all time & love you for you & your faults, then you have found a TRUE friend. Shaunie needs to go somewhere & sit down too, she’s the reason why last season Tami & Evelyn fought on camera. You need to talk to here now. During dinner, get out of here. Someone really needs to check Evelyn & Shaunie they walk around like they mess don’t stink. I wouldn’t trust them as far as I could spit. Catty behind women get on my nerves. Plus Evelyns father is not her problem she just uses that as an excuse. Chad is not in love with her & she sold herself short when she gave up the cookie to soon. What is she teaching her daughter whom she claims to love so much. Evelyn gets some morals & decency about yourself, girl.

nikki

Posted at 2:33 AM on July 15, 2011

Jennifer is NOT jealous AND everything she said about chad she been saying to her FACE. EVERY1 already knew how she felt about the situation.
If anything Evelyn was jealous she kept trying to get jennifer to leave her husband & when she heard about jennifer going on a date she got extremely annoyed. she should of congratulated her.

FRIENDS HAVE THAT CONVERSATION PRIVATELY NOT IN FRONT OF OTHER PPL. evelyn does not value her friendships which is exactly why curse them out left and right. i think she didn’t tell jennifer she was engaged b/c she knew jen didn’t care for her man…

tiffara

Posted at 1:16 PM on July 14, 2011

hey jen!!!!!!!! i love u so bad… i just pray to god u and ev dont stop be friends…. cas i love both. xoxo muaaaah

simone simpson

Posted at 9:01 PM on July 13, 2011

jen just be yourself you are a good person love u loads only watch the show because of you .

shakera

Posted at 3:17 PM on July 13, 2011

i think jen is jealous of Evelyn first and for most she try’s to have her Spanish accent and that just doesn’t work like gurll i know you just got a divorce but get over it i mean you did’t even congratulate ev when she told you ’bout her and chad getting engaged……..so my opinion is that jen is jealous of ev and honestly i love watching bb wives but all of them need to GROW THE HELL UP.

angel gonzalez

Posted at 11:10 PM on July 18, 2011

FIRST of all, evelyn does not have a spanish accent. AND jen told ev everything she said in the interview to her face

ASKIRT

Posted at 10:20 PM on July 20, 2011

congratulate her for what. she is concerned like any good friend would be.

Lee

Posted at 1:56 PM on July 13, 2011

jen so happy you blogged about the whole situation wiyh ev and her engagement.. As a friend you gotta give ur besty the good da bad n da ugly sometimes people are so sucked into the “internet” world they forget 2 make a phone call or personally let loved ones know what’s goin on in their lives before the world..saw da link on twitter and yes I’m following you… Two thumbs up : follow me… @NewNew0413

ammy

Posted at 7:12 AM on July 13, 2011

I paid $32.67 for a XBOX 360 and my mom got a 17 inch Toshiba laptop for $94.83 being delivered to our house tomorrow by Fedex. I will never again pay expensive retail prices at stores. I even sold a 46 inch HDTV to my boss for $650 and it only cost me $52.78 to get. Here is the website we using to get all this stuff,
BuzzSave.com

Toletha

Posted at 1:52 AM on July 13, 2011

I don’t know why Evelyn felt that she needed to have an audience to approach Jen. All I can say is that Evelyn (apparently) has not learned her lesson about WHEN to approach someone. She should have learned(from the Tami fight) that bringing up issues in front of others may not offer the best result. Evelyn should have gone to Jen privately and shared how she felt about what Jen did. That’s how real friends handle it. And it should have been discussed BEFORE they left for Italy. Why wait until you’re thousands of miles away from home and then involve others too! Now everybody is gonna be uncomfortable and walking on eggshells, thanks to Evelyn. I believe Evelyn and Jen will eventually make up, but if it’s not done before they return home, it’s gonna be a long week and a rough ride home. I listened to the interview that Jen did. While I do agree that Jen should have maybe not aired any “dirty laundry,” I don’t feel that she was trying to be malicious. I think she was coming from a place of concern for her friend, and it was really very brief. But when it comes to their man, some women get very heated.

shorttank

Posted at 12:45 AM on July 19, 2011

i love all the basketball wives. they should have taken care of the matter before they borted the plane. Italy is a once in a life time trip to take. And i really wanted to see them have fun in italy. i love Jen, Evelyn,Shauni, Tammi and Royce. we all have issues with ourselves and others but there is a time and a place for everything. i would really like to see all the girls get along and learn how to love each other. i know its not easy but it can be done. We sisters and brothers should learn how to handle love one another. remember the wonderful people in slavery times who fought for all people to love or at least try to love one another. i love you girls. get it together ladies. you are beautiful people. stay smart and strong for each other.

LaTroy Watson

Posted at 11:37 PM on July 12, 2011

I’m all Team Jennifer and Evelyn, but this is a situation where as though I feel Jennifer wasn’t wrong nor jealous. Yes! This was a publicized relationship via Twitter Evelyn and Chad were having. I don’t believe their relationship is real point blank period. I’m sorry, I feel it was sexual attraction going on and they wanted to hook up and beings that their lives were being filmed they had to make something come of it, so they won’t get any bad names thrown at them. I don’t know what happened outside of Twitter, but I just don’t feel a “MARRIAGE” connection. I also don’t trust Chad either. I don’t know him, but watching his show too, I don’t trust him. Jennifer only has Evelyn’s best interest at heart. Noe, should have mind his own business and kept it cordial with both sides, he should of understood Evelyn’s side but then also played devils advocate where as he asked her, what if she was just being a friend and honest about the situation or what if she was showing she cares about you and doesn’t want to see you hurt. That’s all i’m saying. I can’t wait till next week. Jenn you my doll have done nothing wrong.

Felice

Posted at 10:52 PM on July 12, 2011

The unfortunate thing is Evelyn and Chad have not learned from their mistakes. Its sad that people mistake intense physical attraction and lust for love. People are rushing into marriages not knowing who they are really dealing with. I think Chad said in an interview that he and Ev are not rushing into a marriage, they still need to work some things out. Aren’t those things suppose to be worked out before asking someone to marry you? Jennifer is being a friend and she knows Evelyn. Jen has no reason to be jealous. Chad has been engaged multiple times and went on national tv to have 20 women compete for his love and affection. Come on, now. Men must get back to being gentlemen. Evelyn needs to focus on herself and get help for her personal issues. A grown woman making grown woman decisions, should be more accountable for her own actions and not point the finger at her father. She got down with Chad on the first night on TV because of her, not because of her absent father. If she needs to forgive someone, she should start with forgiving herself. Jennifer is a friend, but I don’t agree with her going on radio to talk about Evelyn’s man. No matter how big of a media whore he is, Jen’s interview lacked tact, but I don’t thins she is wrong for feeling that way.

hmm

Posted at 8:08 PM on July 12, 2011

Jen, I respect the fact that you were always honest about Ocho and didn’t tell Evelyn what she wanted to hear. Everyone knows that he is a famewhore and has enough kids to have his own football team. I thought Evelyn would want more for herself but I guess she just wants to be Babymama number 5 or 6. You have had her back from day one and it was disappointing to watch her (again) try to act like you’re jealous of her “relationship” with Chad. Evelyn ought to be ashamed at allowing Noe to diss her best friend, especially considering that you already said the same thing at the last reunion. Watch your back.

Maria

Posted at 2:14 PM on July 12, 2011

Jennifer has been 100 from the jump about Chad. She told Evelyn she had doubts about him from the time he sent her those pony boots, when she got back from the trip to Cincinnati, so what’s the difference in saying that to her face on a show and saying that on the radio? So you’re engaged – what, all of a sudden she’s gonna see the light? LOL Eve is a fame whore and wants Jenn to jump on the wagon with her so it’s all believable- too bad Jenn doesn’t seem to be that way.

Sandee

Posted at 7:56 PM on July 12, 2011

I agree with you 100%. Evelyn is being quite a drama queen. Jen cares and loves her and she should have approached Jen instead of outing her in Italy and with Tami and Shaunie present. I am really disappointed in Eve but hope they mend fences. I listened to the interview and Jen was coming from a place of concern. Rightly or wrongly so, Jen was coming from a place of care and concern.

I am just sayin

Posted at 5:09 PM on July 13, 2011

Eve n Chad r both fame whores… I agree with everyone who says they’re both Not marriage material I do think it’s all publicity!! Don’t think lap dog Jen is jealous n Noe is just an instigator

Toy

Posted at 2:05 PM on July 12, 2011

Jennifer is not jealous…simply being a friend,looking out for her friend..Evelyn shuld not have talked to Noe about the situation bcuz truth be told, gay men thrives off of drama, they love it, so of course he put the term “jealousy” in Evelyns head…Ev shuld not hav went off on jen..real friends talk about the situation, she shuld hav squashed it bfor the trip..smh i like ev, but after seeing the previews she proved to me tht she needs sum growing up to…hopefully Chad wont hurt her, but if he does, dont go crying to Jen.

Nina Ross

Posted at 2:05 PM on July 12, 2011

I dnt think Jenn is jelious n has not been shown to be fake, I think they will make up I hope n Chad is kinda a media hoggg!!!! I would be concerned for Ev too although a radio show is not where I would express my concerns these ladies should not let this break up their friendship I think evelyn is always on Attack mode calm down geezzzzz

Kimberly

Posted at 2:04 PM on July 12, 2011

Jennifer, clearly $$$ comes before you and Evelyn’s “friendship”. How else could she throw you under the bus to others for someone she barely even knows??? What you said in the interview was the same things that you have said to her face (i.e. the episode when you both were talking about their getting to know each other). This is a friendship that you need to evaluate. She could have pulled you to the side and you two discuss & drop it like real friends do. Either agree or agree to disagree. I think you were being cautious for a friend.

Nikki

Posted at 1:33 PM on July 12, 2011

From the get go Jennifer has lived up to everything from1 too now Fake and phony the sad part is this Evelyn as always been a ride or die friend to all her friends she gets thrown under the bus when everyone else looks clean

Sandee

Posted at 7:59 PM on July 12, 2011

No, no. Jen expressed her concern for Eve since the inception and Eve said so herself last night to Noe. Evelyn needs to listen to the conversation in its entirety. I listened and Jen was expressing concern for a friend. I would talk like that about my sister if she was with a man like Chad. Jen loves Eve and I hope Eve sees reason before this gets too far.

Miss Dee

Posted at 1:33 PM on July 12, 2011

I don’t understand how Evelyn got so mad at Jennifer for speaking about Chad when Evelyn, herself, has ripped Eric apart many times on and off the show. It doesn’t matter if Jennifer was contemplating divorce at that time. Eric was still Jennifer’s husband and she was a huge influence on Jennifer’s decision to get a divorce because of all the things she said. Now that Evelyn finally got another man, she is ready to cut Jennifer off for someone like flambouyant Chad? Give me a break. Jennifer, this should be a lesson to you. You find out who your real friends are when things like this come up.

ASKIRT

Posted at 10:23 PM on July 20, 2011

AMEN.

lynette

Posted at 1:21 PM on July 12, 2011

I think as a friend before speaking to other people about the situation Evelyn should have come to you first and she definitely shouldn’t have waited until the Italy trip.

fafa

Posted at 2:47 PM on July 12, 2011

I agree she should pull her one side like real friend does as far as I am concern evelyn is shady she know chad is a media whore she is attacking Jen to put her down she is the jealous one

Tammy Fann White

Posted at 7:23 AM on July 13, 2011

My point is that Jen is tha type of woman that sit bac an observe ppl…which is a good thing..N Ev aint all true to her either bc if u look at it Ev felt like she had tha right to talk about Jen ex husband n tell her wat she should an shouldnt do n her marriage n Jen allowd that…so wat make Ev feel like Jen owe her her life behind just speakn her opinion..So get a grip Ev dont nobody owe you nothing….

Bohwe

Posted at 11:25 AM on July 13, 2011

Why would Jennifer be jealous of Evelyn? Jennifer is the one with multiple thriving business ventures. Jennifer was the one that was married, and her soon to be ex was trying to work it out, and even made a point to split everything 50/50 even though he was only with her for 3 years married. Jennifer is the only one in the group that had the international businessman (although married) flirting with her. Jennifer has made a name for herself outside of basketball wives long before the show. Jealousy is not an option for Jennifer.

Personally, I think Evelyn knew how Jennifer felt from the start. Even Jennifer said she has never spent time with Chad and Evelyn. So, Jennifer only see Chad as a “media whore”. It would have been mature and productive for Evelyn to make an effort to bring the two together. Maybe away from the cameras. so that Jennifer could see him as Chad Johnson and not the public attention image, she has in her mind. Maybe they could have all been friends, but to get upset with a friend for only reacting to what she knows, isn’t right. And Shaunie and Tami should have said, wait, you two need to sit down and discuss this for an hour, because we are in Rome, and this trip is already paid for. Why take trips overseas just to argue, that is so stupid, even for a show. And why is BBWs actually about Evelyn? I don’t get that, if she’s not a fan favorite, why focus on her?

TT

Posted at 10:03 PM on July 16, 2011

It’s a show. The girls are encouraged to have petty fights, immature, and catty. If they were to behave like they were mature, there would be no show.

ukiddingme

Posted at 1:10 PM on July 19, 2011

Oops, I meant to say ‘I look at Jen the same way’

tvfan

Posted at 2:37 PM on July 19, 2011

Jen I’m with you. I REMEMBER you saying stuff to the girl’s face last season. You werent feeling him and you werent phoney about it. Just because you are her friend doesnt mean you dont have an opinion of your own. She overreacted and why did she need an “audience” to confront you anyway! Only thing I think you could have possibly done was warn her about the radio interview and say hey I said some stuff that you will probably not like about your man…but you can say whatever you want to say, it’s your perogative. As for Evelyn dont be so quick to throw the jealousy card around…everyone who doesnt agree with your relationship isnt jealous…maybe they just uhhhh….dont agree with your relationship dude.

tvfan

Posted at 2:38 PM on July 19, 2011

Now on to more important news…where can I get this lucid lipgloss from?

Edna

Posted at 3:52 PM on July 20, 2011

Evelyn listen to your friend Jen, she is a true friend you are not, maybe thats why you don’t know a true one when you see one. Maybe the truth hurts, are you sure about getting married? I wonder, seem to me you are giving up too much for nothing. Royce was right about you. Stop looking like a lady of the night with these men. It’s giving a bad name to young women. Why can’t you all be doing positive things on this show, instead of cursing, drinking, sleeping around and fighting. People watch because they are laughing.