Pregnant Teen Goes Out Drinking Five Nights A Week: I'll Stop When My Bump Starts Showing!

Tue, July 12, 2011 1:51pm EDT by 11 Comments

iStockphoto.com

She knows it’s bad for her unborn baby, but five months pregnant Holly Piggott, 19, doesn’t want her friends to think she’s ‘boring': ‘I’m young and I don’t feel ready to stop my life!’ Well then, maybe you should have used protection!

English born Holly Piggott drinks up to 32 units of alcohol every week — the recommended number for women who AREN’T pregnant is 14! (FYI: A glass of red wine is 3 units, a beer is 2 units and a shot of alcohol is 1 unit). And if she’s hungover, it doesn’t matter — she passes it off as morning sickness! “If I throw up I can say it’s the baby,” Holly, 19, tells Closer magazine. What is this girl insane?!

“I’m not an idiot, I know I might be doing my baby harm,” Holly, who goes clubbing every Saturday and Sunday and out to the pub three times a week. On weekdays she drinks an average of “only” one alcoholic soda drink, a glass of wine and maybe half a pint of beer, but on the weekends, Holly stays out until 7 a.m. downing liquor, beer, cider and Jagerbombs.

The Waltham Abbey, Essex, resident says: “I’m young and I don’t feel ready to stop my life. I’m trying to get the most out of it while I can. When I don’t fit into my size 12 dresses, I’ll stop.” Oh, so when you actually have to start wearing maternity clothes that’s when you’ll stop destroying your unborn baby’s life?

No, not necessarily. Holly says she will drink at home instead when her bump starts getting bigger. How awful! Has she ever heard of Fetal Alcohol Syndrome?

What do you think of this, HollyMoms?

–Leigh Blickley

More on HollyBaby:

1. Mom Smoked 20 Cigarettes A Day While Pregnant — And Claims It HELPED Her Baby! Experts Weigh In!
  2. Do We REALLY Have To Give Up Dirty Martinis, Cheese & Oysters For A Baby?
  3. ‘Harry Potter’ Star Daniel Radcliffe Wants Babies, And Lots Of Them!

Ana Carranza

Posted at 5:00 PM on July 13, 2011

My question is.. Why at 19 is she even allowed to have alcohol? I’m pretty sure legal ae is 19? So..who’s contributing to a minor?

nicky1985824

Posted at 5:28 PM on July 13, 2011

She’s English and you are allowed to drink at 18 in the UK. So she doesn’t do anything illegal although what she does go against everything a decent human being would do in her condition.

College13

Posted at 3:35 PM on July 13, 2011

People like her do not deserve to every have kids!!

College13

Posted at 3:38 PM on July 13, 2011

I meant *EVER

jm

Posted at 12:30 AM on July 13, 2011

the most damage to a fetus can be done during the first trimester. even one glass of champagne can give a baby fetal alcohol syndrome. this is the most disgusting story i have ever heard and child protective services should get on this RIGHT AWAY!

lizzy

Posted at 9:52 PM on July 12, 2011

that horrble that poor baby, where are her parents? like wtf no really WTF!!!! and the sad part it not a crime to harm your unborn child, the pro lifers and femminest fight hard to make sure no laws will every go in the protect women who drink far to much while pragnant that knownly hurt there unborn cuz it “there” body and those “cells” are invadiing there womens body and i hope the sec that baby is born it taken away world worst mother has started before her kids even born

nicky1985824

Posted at 3:54 PM on July 12, 2011

I think we should call the Guiness Records people because weVe just found the most selfish, uncaring and idiotic b***h in the history of mankind. She says she doesn’t want to give up her life just jet. Well, sweetheart, you shold be prepared, because in a few months you will be giving birth to a seriously ill baby who will need constant care. But maybe you’ll not care and give him/her up so you can continue to live the life of the irresponsible, retarded alcoholic you really are. You are not fit to have a baby, I wouldn’t turst you with a plant let alone with an innocent human being.
And as for your “friends”, if they were really your friend, they would have stopped you destroying the little life you carry the moment they learned about your pregnancy. But I guess people usually choose their friends to be like them, therefore yours are stupid, selfish, alcoholic b***hes as well.
There should be a law against women like you and you should be in jail for the rest of your life for destroying your child’s You have the right to poison yourself every possible way you want when it’s only you, but the second you become responsible for the well-being of your unborn child, your needs and comfort are secondary. At least a real mother would think like that. But you are not a real mother, are you? You are just a spoiled little girl who wants to play grown-up but doesn’t understand the rules. To be an adult doesn’t only mean that you can drink alcohol legally but that you have to take responsibility for your actions. So I suggest you to grow up and really fast, because it’s possible that you’ve already done irreversible damages.

Tee

Posted at 5:50 PM on July 12, 2011

Amen 2 that! I guess babies should be allowed 2 choose their folks. Such an unlucky baby. Your mom{that’s if ur alive when your’re born} is very immature, selfish and a drunkard! May God restore her sanity and conscience…

wesley

Posted at 2:38 PM on July 12, 2011

So why isn’t this person in jail? If I was to slowly poison my child or my wife and it was found out or I admitted to it then they would arrest me and stick me in jail. If the world was lucky it would be in a state where they have the death penalty, so I wouldn’t suck money out of the wallets of tax payers for the rest of my life.

Jessensa

Posted at 2:32 PM on July 12, 2011

I think that baby if its not seriously reatared from the damage shes done should be imediatly taken away since shes not in her right mind to take care of a child..Shes a selfish woman who doesnt deserve to have a baby when so many other women cant have any…She discusts me.:(

Stinky McFly

Posted at 2:29 PM on July 12, 2011

If the baby’s lucky, it will be born dead. If everyone else is lucky, the mother will go with it.