Emma Watson Is Growing Out Her Pixie Cut — Do You Like The Shaggier 'Do?

Thu, July 7, 2011 11:30am EST by 11 Comments

Emma debuted the hairstyle July 6 while promoting the final ‘Harry Potter’ film, ‘Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2.’ The cut, while in the stage between a pixie and a longer style, still looks fabulous!

Emma Watson proclaimed to ELLE February 14 at the ELLE Style Awards in London that she was growing out her hair, saying, “I am trying to grow it but it’s slow, it’s taking a while obviously.” Why is she growing out the gorgeous look? For roles, of course! “If I want to keep acting then it’s more flexible for me to have it longer for different roles, it’s quite a specific cut,” says Emma. “I’m kind of looking forward to getting to a cute little bob stage.” She’s almost there!

Emma’s pixie was initially cut by celebrity hairstylist Rodney Cutler and I just loved the look, but I think Emma is right that she may get more roles with hair that has a bit of versatility to it. That’s the industry!

What do YOU think of her current shaggy style?

–Eden Univer

Get More From Our BFFs at Glamour.com!

1. 53 Swimsuits That’ll Make You Look 10 Pounds Thinner
  2. Sex Disasters: You Won’t Believe What Happened to Me in Bed!
  3. Healthy Eating: the Best and Worst Summer Picnic Foods
  4. Engagement Rings: 35 of the Shiniest, Blingiest and Most Glam Diamond Rings We’ve Seen in Years

herro

Posted at 4:07 PM on October 30, 2013

thats what wigs are for !

smarterthanyou

Posted at 9:40 PM on May 22, 2012

She’s looking down, MORON. The only fat around here is inside your thick skull.

charlotte

Posted at 4:53 PM on November 3, 2011

WHAT!? Emma is tiny, how could you say that. Urh. You make me sick.
What has society come to?

Lori

Posted at 7:43 PM on July 30, 2011

Excuse me Kikay – but she is looking down at the ground – she is not fat – thats a disgusting comment to make.

kikay

Posted at 7:57 AM on July 12, 2011

this girl got double chin ,she’s getting too fat

Cynthia

Posted at 5:57 PM on July 9, 2011

I think her hair style is absolutely adorable now, it was way too short for the shape of her face before. I love it.

organ

Posted at 7:00 PM on July 8, 2011

Emma like wicked old witch

valeria jubes

Posted at 11:30 PM on July 7, 2011

I’m the same person when I said:now that she has short hair I don’t like saying that a lot of people friends and their parents) say that i look a lot but, i mean a lot!! meant:now that she has short hair I don’t like saying that a lot of people friends and their parents) say that i look a lot like her but, i mean a lot!! still not trying to offend Emma..
She is my role model!!!

valeria jubes

Posted at 11:25 PM on July 7, 2011

I don’t like the new hair doo I liked it better when it was long!!!! She should let it grow and keep it long she looked pretty with long hair, now that she has short hair I don’t like saying that a lot of people (all my friends and their parents) say that i look a lot but, i mean a lot!! Not trying to offend Emma I’m just saying that i like long.

Susana

Posted at 10:52 PM on July 7, 2011

I cut my hair in a pixie cut too and i keep cutting it cause i don’t want it to grow just yet and i don’t think emma should let her hair grow just for roles. she’s a talented actress and hair won’t get her any parts it’ll be her brilliant act. BTW i think she looks great!

m

Posted at 12:11 PM on July 7, 2011

i think she looks beutiful whichever way her hair is.
her face is amazing