Found NOT GUILTY of murdering her two-year-old daughter, the 25-year-old is expected to walk free on Thursday and straight into a bidding war for her first interview — with experts predicting she could make millions of dollars.
TV networks and tabloid magazines will be clamoring for the first sensational interview with Casey Anthony. But should she profit from tragic Caylee‘s death?
“It seems inevitable that Casey Anthony and her family will try to capitalize on their situation and that they will hire a publicist, and perhaps even an agent, to identify and sort out immediate opportunities,” crisis management expert Gene Grabowski tells FoxNews.com.
“Casey and her family have a short window of opportunity on which to capitalize – probably no more than a few months. It is generally acceptable for someone like Casey, who is not a traditional public figure and who is without substantial income, to accept a fee for a big, exclusive interview with the likes of ABC’s 20/20 or Oprah.”
And that fee could be HUGE!
“I would not be surprised, given the notoriety and infamy of the case, if Casey gets $1 million to give a full interview,” California defense attorney David Wohl says.
But media outlets will also worry about a backlash from those convinced Casey is guilty.
Media strategist Angie Meyer explains, “Big money will be involved in the deal – millions. But those who are upset about the verdict will be upset even more if Casey is awarded a generous sum of money from networks and/or publishers for her story. Those organizations that have vilified Casey for the last few years will also be the ones to make her a millionaire.”
Should Casey be paid for her story? Weigh in, HollyMoms!
— Ian Garland
Read More Updates On The Casey Anthony Trial Here!:
- Casey Anthony Will Most Likely NOT Spend More Time Behind Bars, Say Experts!
- Casey Anthony’s Parents React To Their Daughter’s Verdict: The Defense Was ‘Baseless,’ But The Decision Was ‘Fair’
- Sharon Osbourne, Mandy Moore, Carson Daly & More Weigh In On The Shocking Outcome Of The Casey Anthony Trial!
- The Real Reason Casey Anthony Was Found NOT Guilty: Top Attorneys Mark Geragos & Raoul Felder Speak Out!
- Casey Anthony Goes Back To Jail! She’s Sentenced To Four Years For Lying To The Police!