While in London promoting her new film, ‘Monte Carlo,’ Selena stepped out with this very mature look. Her charcoal-lined eyes and lightly glossed lips are stunning!
Selena Gomez looks less like a child star and more like a red carpet beauty every single day! Celebrity makeup artist Christian Zamora, of the Courtney Akai Lash Boutique, gives you a how-to for achieving the look!
Here’s how Christian would re-create this look:
- Start with a sheer tinted moisturizer (Laura Mercier is my favorite). Apply this with your fingers for the best even coverage.
- Secondly, apply a light coverage concealer under the eyes starting at the tear duct moving toward the outer eye. This will brighten up your face and help you look rested.
- With your favorite black pencil (Makeup Forever Aqua Liner is my favorite), make a line on top of the lash line and also under the lower lash line, then line the inside of the eye both top and bottom waterlines. Once you have your liner on, lightly brush a soft grey shimmer eye shadow on the lower part of your lid, gently lifting towards the start your crease.
- Now that you have your eyes almost complete, take notice of your eyebrows. If you have any spots that need to be filled in, this is the time to do so. (note: if you start with brows before liner and shadow, the brows may become too heavy).
- Before applying your favorite mascara or false lashes, gently smudge the liner under the bottom lashes. You can easily do this with you finger or by lightly using a black or dark brown eye shadow to soften these lines. Once the liner is smudged and softened, begin to apply mascara. Do two full sweeps on the top lashes only, let them dry, and do two more sweeps. Add one or two sweeps on the bottom lashes.
- The cheeks are a very important part of Selena’s look. I recommend using a cream or stick blush (Kevyn Aucoin and Tarte are in my kit). For a natural look, apply the blush with your fingers. As you apply the blush, stay toward the apples of the cheek, you can certainly blend on to cheekbones but keep the pop of color on the apples.
- If you like to set your makeup or feel naked without a powder, this is the time to lightly apply only to the nose and forehead.
- The lips should look soft and supple and the best way to achieve this is with a sheer pink gloss (Chanel has beautiful pinks). For extended wear, first apply a muted pink lipstick then cover with a clear gloss.
What did YOU think of her look, HollywoodLifers?
Get More HL Beauty Now!
- Kate Middleton’s North American Tour Beauty Roundup — See The Looks & Vote!
- Beyoncé Mixes Up Her Polish Shades! See What Colors YOU Should Put Together!
- Katie Holmes Is Showing Her Gray Hairs — Avoid This Beauty Oops With A Root Concealer!