Selena Gomez Kicks Butt At The Box Office As 'Monte Carlo' Performs Better Than Expected!

Sat, July 2, 2011 3:25pm EDT by 22 Comments

Owen

Posted at 11:36 AM on July 3, 2011

No, it’s really not a box office success. And I’m sure that if you weren’t a huge Selena Gomez fan, you would’ve written that.

ulaw

Posted at 10:47 AM on July 3, 2011

I paid $32.67 for a XBOX 360 and my mom got a 17 inch Toshiba laptop for $94.83 being delivered to our house tomorrow by fed3x. I will never again pay expensive r3tailprices at stores.I even sold a 46 inch HDTV to my boss for $650 and it only cost me $52.78 to get. Here is the website we using to get all this stuff, buzzsave. c0m…….

belorateur

Posted at 6:01 AM on July 3, 2011

interesting
I paid $32.67 for a XBOX 360 and my mom got a 17 inch Toshiba laptop for $94.83 being delivered to our house tomorrow by FedEX. I will never again pay expensive retail prices at stores. I even sold a 46 inch HDTV to my boss for $650 and it only cost me $52.78 to get. Here is the website we using to get all this stuff, BidsNew.com

jason

Posted at 3:37 AM on July 3, 2011

What Koolaid are you drinking HL? This film didn’t even rate in the top 100 of the domestic box office according to Variety Magazine (the industry bible by the way).

Movies no one has ever head of have done better. Movies like “Kings of Pastry” and “Putty” slam dunked this snoozer.

Jesus HL. Do your homework before you start kissing some starlet’s backside.

Owen

Posted at 11:37 AM on July 3, 2011

Exactly. It’s just stupid.

Oompafan

Posted at 10:00 PM on July 3, 2011

I think you were looking at a list that was not yet updated (because the weekend was not over). No, the film did not ‘rate’ or receive good reviews. But it did score well in the box office 3.125 mil Friday and 2.35 Saturday according to Boxoffice.com. The latest I’ve heard, Monte Carlo pulled in 7.6 million it’s opening weekend.

Annnnd… I saw it and liked it :)

Wtf(freak) lol

Posted at 12:43 AM on July 3, 2011

Selena Gomez is an actor; people need to stop acting like the only work she’s done is Barney. Have any of you seen the role she plays in WOWP? It’s nothing like how she really is and she’s a great actor. But I guess I can see were people are coming from. I respect her more if she would just stick to acting. Because in my opinion:

ACTORS SHOULD STICK TO ACTING

and

SINGERS SHOULD STICK TO SINGING

ITS THAT SIMPLE.

Lola527

Posted at 8:00 PM on July 2, 2011

Nobody is asking her to grow up too fast…some people would just like to see her in roles that have more depth to it. To see if she could actually pull it off.

Jia Li

Posted at 6:35 PM on July 3, 2011

True. I think its a childish movie.

StrawberryDIB

Posted at 7:46 PM on July 2, 2011

It’s like most of you want her to grow up fast. She’s getting there. She doesn’t have to be like Miley. She doesn’t have to rush into being an adult. The movie was okay. But she can only get better. Stop being so judgmental.

dumas1000

Posted at 7:20 PM on July 2, 2011

As far as Selena goes, there was no depth to either character she played. It’s easy to go cardboard good or cardboard bad. The good actors find the depth in-between. The gray area, so to speak. She just blends into the background when she should be owning the scene. I think about how Britney Murphy and how she used to steal every scene that she was in. It’s not about what you do when you are doing something. It’s about what you do on camera when your character is doing nothing. You have to be dynamic with the way in which you occupy space. Think Johnny Depp in Pirates.

dumas1000

Posted at 7:12 PM on July 2, 2011

Milquetoast. Awful writing, which is not abnormal for romantic comedies. Bland, predictable, cookie-cutter writing. Decent enough acting. Terrible screenplay. The worst part was how the movie setup with its exposition a relationship between the two step sisters and made it seem as if that relationship would be fundimental to the plot. After that, however, nothing happened. You don’t spend all that time early in the movie to set something up, only to fail in the second half of the movie to deliver.

Lily

Posted at 7:02 PM on July 2, 2011

I just watched it like half an hour ago and I thought it was pretty good. I didn’t really like the beggining so much, but I loved the middle and ending. I’d say it was probably a 6-7 out of 10.

Gino

Posted at 6:17 PM on July 2, 2011

The movie was ok and Selena Gomez described this movie as being a step foward to leaving her childhood and disney. Yet, the movie lacked a major problem besides the fact she is poseing to be Cordelia.All in all the movie was still to childish, is Selena wants to grow up she has to take on a more grown-up role. I undestand why she did it, she doesn’t want to lose her younger fans so she is taking baby steps into becoming an adult.On a scale from 1 to10 I give Monte Carlo a 4.

eli

Posted at 3:01 PM on July 4, 2011

shes afraid cuz nearly all her fans r 5_10 kids.
and the other problem is that she still has her 12 body & face; & so its hard to get adult roles.
so she cant follow miley in that way(growing with her fans)
cuz we all know that she follows miley. i think shes always 2 years before miley.

and that movie is so much CHILDISH.

mag

Posted at 5:07 PM on July 2, 2011

A strong opening??? Are u kidding?

dore

Posted at 4:58 PM on July 2, 2011

I watched it because i love leighton but honestly too childish
I think people went because they appreciate the actresses and not for the again “childish” story.

torie

Posted at 1:50 PM on July 5, 2011

I think alot of people watch it because of jb fans too.If it is for selena’s acting only,the movie would be dead boring just like her previous movie.selena is good in hooking up with popular stars,see look at her movie,she need to thanks justin for that,and of course,the biebs fans,peace!!!

S

Posted at 4:41 PM on July 2, 2011

Yes but it’s a teen movie, no comparison with Transformers. I have nothing against Selena but she can’t have mature roles.
She is the hilary duff or mary kate and ashley olsen of her generation.

ken

Posted at 9:14 PM on July 2, 2011

Yeah, but Transformers is also a teen movie, and even less mature. I’d rather see Hollywood make more of these kind of movies any day over the usual blow ‘em up stuff.

samy

Posted at 3:43 PM on July 2, 2011

i watched the movie and i think she did good job

callie

Posted at 2:17 AM on July 3, 2011

i agree with pissed so congrats u lost ANOTHER reader