'Teen Mom' Star Catelynn Lowell Can't Wait To Marry Tyler Baltierra — And Have 'Four Children!'

Thu, June 30, 2011 10:13am EDT by 21 Comments

The only ‘Teen Mom’ couple to give their baby up for adoption is already planning for future babies — not to mention a romantic California wedding!

With so many baby daddies coming and going on Teen Mom, it’s nice to see that Catelynn Lowell‘s boyfriend Tyler Baltierra is sticking around, and by the sound of it, he doesn’t plan on going ANYWHERE — except maybe for a walk down the aisle…

“We are meant to be,” Tyler, 19, tells Life & Style magazine, with Catelynn, also 19, adding, “He’s my soul mate. Whatever I don’t have in me, he has.”

The couple, who selflessly gave their daughter Carly up for adoption two years ago, are planning to get married in four years, after they complete their college careers. And interestingly enough, both Catelynn and Tyler have devoted their studies to all things children!

“I want to get a degree to teach preschool through eighth grade,” says Catelynn, who will most likely be attending St. Clair County Community College in Port Huron, Mich. “And I’m going to take sign language classes so I can teach deaf children as well.” Tyler isn’t going into teaching, but he is planning on counseling kids at juvenile detention centers.

“Before I found out I was pregnant, I didn’t have any plans or goals,” Catelynn admits. “Carly just changed me.” Now Catelynn and Tyler want to fufill their dreams and mature before welcoming their own children into the world.

“I want four children,” Catelynn reveals, “And if I have a girl, I want to name her Rain!”

“I honestly can’t wait to be a father one day,” Tyler adds, saying Catelynn was born to be a mom. “The reasons Catelynn will make a great mom are endless. Her heart is warm, and her love is strong. She just has his connection with kids — they love her.”

So for now, Catelynn and Tyler are focused on their studies, but they do have plenty of ideas in mind for their dream wedding, which they hope will take place on a California cliffside over looking the water. “That would be really cool,” Tyler says.

How much do you love this Teen Mom couple!?

–Leigh Blickley

Read More About The ‘Teen Moms’ Here!:

1. ‘Teen Mom 2? Leah Messer Has ‘Secretly Been Dating’ Her Ex Robbie Kidd!
  2. ‘Teen Mom’ Amber Could Spend SIX MONTHS In Rehab — She’s Scared She’ll Never Get Leah Back!
  3. ‘Teen Mom’ Amber Portwood Has Checked Into Rehab — For 30 to 60 Days!
  4. ‘Teen Mom’ Farrah Abraham & Sophia Have A New Favorite Song! You’ll Never Guess It!

lynne

Posted at 4:26 AM on December 11, 2011

I think when carly grows up she will see what amazing people her birth parents are. She has great adoptive parents she is a blessed girl.
I think the choice to give carly a better life tears them up inside but at same time gives them great joy. Putting your childs needs first is something that is hard when faced with choice of adoption. I think these kids will be great parents some day and have made the right choices for all involved.
I wish more teen moms would consider adoption until they are prepared for parenthood.

Stephanie Jackson

Posted at 9:56 AM on February 9, 2012

i agree people say she was selfish but she did waht she thought was best because she wasn’t quite ready at that moment to keep her..she did the right thing she wasn’t selfish at all

Amy

Posted at 5:01 PM on August 31, 2011

i love Catelynn an tyler!! they made the best choose for carly n carly will thank them one day when she’s older i kno catelynn’s guna be a great mom when the time is right for her to be a mom im a lesbian an really want to hve a child of my own wit my girlfriend catelynn an tyle are my role models even thought they are younger den me

Regan

Posted at 11:41 PM on August 14, 2011

I know they will probably never see this in a million years, but I’ve been trying to find a forum to tell Caitlin and Tyler how much i admire their maturity and poise. I am almost 25 years old and I wish I had the strength that these two show in being able to give up their natural daughter so that she can have better opportunities than they did. I know that I don’t know them, but I can’t help but feel proud seeing them move out on their own and grow up to be such admirable, responsible adults. Trust me, I am older than you and I don’t know how I would be able to do what you did. Never doubt that you did the right thing. You are true role models for loving couples of all ages. Good luck to you both. No pressure, but I’ll be so upset if the two of you don’t make it. I have a feeling that you’re in it for the long haul. I truly wish you the best. Never forget the amazing opportunities you’ve given your daughter by choosing adoption. You will hopefully go on to have more beautiful children of your own, and I know you will be all the more grateful and happy for it, not to mention great parents. I can’t tell you how much I wish you happiness and success, which says quite a bit in this day and age of despicable reality tv. You are both surprisingly mature and adult. Keep being role models for kids across the country and the world and keep making all us loyal viewers proud. I know you don’t do it for us, but you should know, we are all rooting for you all the way. I love you both :)

Brittany

Posted at 10:07 AM on August 11, 2011

I like Catelynn and Tyler, but I was just wondering what are they going to do when they have more kids and Carly grows up and wonders why she was given up but her birth parents kept there other kids? Has anyone ever wondered that like me?

Mandi

Posted at 4:29 AM on September 11, 2011

They will probably explain to Carly that they were only 16 years old at the time and were unable to provide the things that a baby needs and that the environment wasn’t a stable one. When she is older i am sure she will understand.

Blake

Posted at 11:16 AM on July 22, 2011

Liz – I agree with you!!!! I will never understand how a couple can be together, plan to get married & have MORE children when they gave the first one away!!! I remember an Unsolved Mysteries show where a couple had a baby as a teen-gave her up, split up & some 20 years later got back together & looked up their daughter. They DID NOT HAVE OTHER children because they felt that would be wrong and it is!!!

Giving your child to rich people is wrong. Catelyn is from an abusive background. She should have realized that AND REALIZED that she can keep her own baby!! I get so sick of them patting themselves on the back & their constant “if carley were here.”

They BARELY graduated high school. I don’t see them furthering their education period! Ignorant is as ignorant does. I don’t buy all of the sickingly sweet crap they spout. They both smoke pot & who knows what other drugs. I don’t buy their story!!! If they were SMART they would have market Carley & gotten a million dollars to hand her over to a REALLY RICH couple!!! Hell white women get pregnant & hand babies over all the time they’re called “surrogates.”

p

Posted at 10:29 PM on July 26, 2011

ignorant is as ignorant does is definatly right. how is it okay to bring a child around fighting, & drug addicted abusive people? they gave up their child for a BETTER life. can you not understand that? it didnt have anything to do with them being rich. they clearly LOVE carly & thats why they chose that family, because they’re loving pepole. its not wrong to give up your child at 16 & then have children later in life. clearly they’re going to keepcarly apart of teir new family. hopefully carly will understand they love her & did what was best for her at that time. you, however, i feel bad for.

Rachel

Posted at 2:08 PM on April 22, 2012

Actually I believe what they did was right?! Catelyn and Tyle being brought up in a abusive home is one of the main reasons why they would gave Carly up because they wouldn’t have wanted her to have experienced the upbringing they had. It was out of love. Also when they had Carly they were 16, uneducated, not financially secure and lived with their parents (one who was in and out of jail) in the future when they plan to have kids that won’t most likely will be the case…

Patty

Posted at 3:54 PM on July 14, 2011

These two young people are absolutely amazing. They understand more about responsibility and unconditional love than most adults. They had no role models in their lives yet they knew the best decision they could make for Carly was to give her to up. Catelynn’s Mom makes me cringe everytime I hear her cuss Carelynn or try to make her feel guilty about her decision; the woman is seriously deranged yet Catelynn is still respectful and wants her love & approval. I love this young couple and have faith & hope that their lives will continue to get better.

LeighAnna

Posted at 2:19 PM on July 9, 2011

Just because they gave carly up doesnt mean there not good people, They gave carly a life, they gave carly a better life then they could give her at the time, not only that they gave 2 adults a child. Carly now have a BIGGER family then what she would of had with cait and tyler. Tyler and Cait still are VERY active in carlys life, and as cait and ty have more children, I am sure those children will have just as much time with cait and tyler and carly as carly does now. I think as carly grow’s she will learn and know ty and cait are her birth parents and perhaps that will make carly that more happier knowing she has 2 sets of parents who love her unconditional :-)

heather

Posted at 10:25 PM on July 13, 2011

They made a great decision and it wasn’t easy.tyler didn’t want his own dad having an influence on his baby girl.cait’s mom is very unpredictable.they love their baby and they gave her the best chance by having her adopted and yet still being there for her

Rik

Posted at 1:40 PM on July 3, 2011

They have the most boring storyline of anyone on the show. I have no idea why they are even on it. How is their life tough? They aren’t raising their kid. The only thing they add to the show is their white-trash shenanigans.

OC Mama

Posted at 10:10 PM on July 5, 2011

WOW! Let’s take the most mature, put together, selfless couple on the show and dismiss how tough their life has been. Have a child and spend a few years with them and then give them away….forever….and then let us all know who made the toughest choice! They had only a handful of people who could offer any love or support whatsoever and somehow they were able to make the most selfless choice in the midst of that for the sake of their child…oh yeah…and they were 16!!!!!

And while they were making these “boring storylines”& “white-trash shenanigans”, the others were living at home and having their babies with tons of family and friends who cared for the babies so they could go to school and work and out with friends and to school dances….ya…Catelynn definitely had it easier. Really?

Let’s again address your “white trash” comment…If you think Catelynn is the white trash on the show, you obviously TIVO’d over Amber & her white trash Wal-Mart work release boyfriend who had the audacity to demand that Gary pay all of her and her boyfriend’s living expenses while she let their daughter Leah run around in dirty diapers and clothes while she shopped for wedding rings with Gary’s money! Oh, I’m sorry…that’s pronounced aw-da-si-tee, ‘k’?

LIZ

Posted at 1:59 AM on July 1, 2011

THE LITTLE GIRL IS SO ADORABLE SHE LOOKS ALOT LIKE TYLER. I DON’T UNDERSTAND WHY THEY WOULD GIVE UP ON THERE CHILD THERES MANY TEEN MOMS OUT THERE THAT STILL KEEP THEIR CHILD EVEN IF THERE POOR MONEY ISN’T EVERYTHING BUT LOVE U DON’T HAVE TO HAVE ALL THOSE GOODIES TO MAKE A CHILD HAPPY.THERE ALWAYS GONNA HAVE THAT IN MIND & THERE NOT GOING TO BE FULLY HAPPY BECAUSE ALL THEY WILL SEE IS PICTURES & MAYBE ONCE IN A WHILE GET TO SEE HER BUT STILL ITS NOT THE SAME AS KEEPING YOUR OWN CHILD. BY HER WANTED FOUR CHILDREN IS GONNA MAKE THEM STABLE?..IF THEY EVER HAVE MORE THAN WHY GIVE UP YOUR FIRST CHILD?..THEY DON’T REALLY THINK THEY JUST THINK THAT MATERIAL STUFF WILL MAKE A CHILD HAPPY THATS JUST ACTUALLY CHOSING THEM HOW TO BE SPOILED BRATS WITH NO MORALS EVEN THE PEOPLE THAT WERE ONCE POOR BECOME RICH BUT BY THEM BEING ONCE POOR ACTUALLY LEARN THAT LIFE IS TUFF SOMETIMES & KNOW WERE THEY CAME FROM NOT LIKE SOME RICH PEOPLE THAT ALWAYS HAVE IT THERE WAY THEY REALLY DONT KNOW ABOUT LIFE!!!!!!!!

Lizzie

Posted at 11:03 AM on July 1, 2011

Liz — it’s ironic that we share the same first name, because our opinions couldn’t be further apart. How old are you? You sound very, very young. Children should not be brought into a life of poverty and hardship. Teenagers are not ready to be responsible, nurturing parents. Catelynn and Tyler knew they weren’t ready to raise a child, and with their homelives being the train wreck that they are, they knew they didn’t want their parents raising their child. Catelynn & Ty didn’t give Carly up because they wanted a rich couple to raise her. They gave her up because they wanted her to have a life rich with love and stability. They gave Carly the greatest gift anyone could have — a stable life full of love and acceptance and free of turmoil and drama. I admire them more than I can say.

wtf@you

Posted at 3:13 PM on July 1, 2011

you are f*cking stupid

Rachel

Posted at 2:02 AM on July 2, 2011

Did someone actually pass Liz an English class?! Someone that doesn’t even know how to use the correct form of “their” or uses “chosing” or “tuff” has absolutely no place shelling out THEIR opion on the welfare of a child. Let me tell you something, money is not the only thing you need to raise a child. You need time, experience, and resources among many other things, all which are things that not one teenager possesses simply because you are a child. Sounds like the mentality of most teenage parents that keep their babies for selfish reasons and only go on to breed more innocent people that will live in some of the most chaotic and toxic environments possible. This is not an atmosphere conducive to raising happy, secure and stable people. Just more angry, unintelligent and class-less humans.

Kenni

Posted at 5:36 PM on July 13, 2011

Liz, they knew they could do it, but they knew that someone could give Carly a better lifestyle. they didnt want to be selfish and keep her they wanted what was best for her, and eventhough sometimes thats hard to choose they made the right choice. they do get to see her and they get pictures, some parents don’t want to be in the babies life but they do and they still love her and they always will they want to be in her life and their planning on it and once Carly is old enough to understand that her parents only wanted what was best for her, her love will probably grow stronger for them.

ang

Posted at 3:14 PM on June 30, 2011

I love Catelyn and Tyler! Think they are such a great couple. They have had to make some very tough choices in there lives, but have done it so well. Im so pleased to hear how well they are doing!They deserve it, and theres no doubt about how proud Carly will be of them in the future! xx

Iscia

Posted at 3:03 PM on June 30, 2011

Definitely my favorite teen couple. Their love is beautiful and i wish them a lot of happiness that they really deserve.