With a fresh auburn shade and super choppy bangs, Leighton has become a whole new woman this summer — and I’m loving it!
When we first saw Leighton Meester sporting these blunts bangs a few weeks ago, we were already a little shocked to see her stray so far away from her Gossip Girl counter-part, Blair Waldorf. And now she has moved even further from Blair’s preppy style. Is she one step closer to resembling fellow Gossip Girl castmate, Taylor Momsen?Since the initial bang cut, it seems that Leighton has gotten them cut even more to be a bit choppier, giving them an edgy rocker look. I think the cut and color work great together, complimenting each other nicely, and really giving Leighton a great new vibe.
- Ask your colorist for a dark brown single process with a few auburn slices to give a hint of red.
- Apply a small amount of volumizing spray such as Purology’s Pure Volume Thickening Mist to wet hair using a medium-sized round natural bristle brush – blow-dry smooth. For stubborn hair, smooth over with a flat iron after the blow-dry. Use Pureology’s Glossing Mist for added shine.
- To get your choppy bangs super smooth, use extra heat at the root and press or brush hair flat. Add extra glossing must to the ends of your fringe using your index and thumb fingers to create a piece-y separation.
I am a big fan of Leighton’s new look, but are YOU HollywoodLifers?
Get More HL News!
- Inside Kristen Stewart’s L.A. Yoga Session — Why She’s No Diva!
- Lindsay Lohan Out At Club Hours After Release From House Arrest
- Selena Gomez’s Get-Well Gift From Justin Bieber: A $30,000 Chanel Watch!