Selena Gomez Admits She's Just Like Us! She Still Gets Awkward In A Bikini!

Wed, June 29, 2011 1:24pm EDT by 6 Comments
SplashNews.com

Selena Gomez is a beautiful girl but even she likes to keep herself covered up and dress more conservatively — and there’s a reason why!

Selena Gomez looked like she was having a great time when she frolicked around Hawaii, making out with Justin Bieber. But the truth is, she was uncomfortable about being in her bikini! “I still get awkward if I’m in a bikini,” she tells Time magazine. The actress is absolutely stunning — why in the world would she ever feel awkward?It’s because of her young fans!

Selena reveals she’s cautious of balancing growing up with staying true to her young and loyal fanbase. When asked if she feels pressured to “amp up” her sex appeal, Selena answers, “I’ve never been the kind of person who thought that I needed to be that way. I have a core audience around the ages of 7 to 15. Now that I am getting older — I’m about to be 19 — of course I’m becoming a woman, and I want to explore that side of myself but at the same time, I have to be true to those people that have been with me. I still get awkward if I’m in a bikini so I don’t think I’ll be doing anything too drastic anytime soon.”

As Selena matures in her music and movie career, in a way that is similar to Miley Cyrus, she is staying conscious of her fans who helped her gain the fame she has today. She is constantly thinking of her fans and that is why we love her so much!

Are you happy to hear that Selena always has her fans in mind? Do you like that she’s avoiding using sex appeal as a way to prove she’s an adult? Let us know in the comments!

Get MORE Justin Bieber News Here!

1. Should Your Loved One Make You A Better Person As Justin Bieber Says Selena Gomez Does For Him?
  2. Selena Gomez Reveals Her New Song ‘Bang Bang Bang’ Is About Nick Jonas & Justin Bieber!
  3. Selena Gomez, Keeps Justin Bieber Close To Her Heart!

vic

Posted at 6:55 AM on July 2, 2011

a bit of advice.
GET A BIKINI TOP THAT FITS!
and she didnt seem to awkward pashing justin in a mini bikini. sorry i’ve never liked her

milesnezgi

Posted at 6:37 AM on June 30, 2011

excuse me ,i have a respect to love but DID SELENA GET AWKWARD WHEN SHE IS AT JUSTIN’S ARMS ON THE SEA???

anna

Posted at 3:43 PM on June 29, 2011

total bs!… she feels awkward yet she feels comfortable enough to jump on jb in her swimsuit?. total crap

mandy

Posted at 2:00 PM on June 29, 2011

when is she going to grow up? she is still a kid, im younget than her and i used to be a fan but now im just sick of her being so perfect and acting like a little kid. annoying!

Craig

Posted at 4:19 PM on June 30, 2011

Nothing you said even made sense and you sounded like a jealous idiot.

torie

Posted at 1:22 PM on July 2, 2011

What she said is not what she does and makes people sick.grabbing your butt with your b.f in front of people,does selena think that its more awkward?come on,when will selena stop pretending to be perfect and innocent while she is not that perfect and innocent,btw she need to watch out what she was saying.i’m so sick of her of playing innocent girl but if you check out all her pics,you may want to hate her,honestly,she is not perfect she is like everybody else.