Why Isn't 'Pretty Little Liars' Nominated For A Single Teen Choice Award?

Wed, June 29, 2011 4:59pm EDT by 10 Comments

Talk about a snub! Read on for my list of 5 categories ‘Pretty Little Liars’ should be nominated in.

If you thought “Who is A?” was an epic mystery, I’ve got an even bigger head-scratcher for you: Why the heck isn’t Pretty Little Liars nominated for a single Teen Choice Award? I expected the ABC Family hit to dominate the list of nominees, but was shocked to see it completely left off the ballot! Did “A” have something to do with this?

Here’s a list of awards the show should be nominated for:

1. Choice TV Show, Drama:

With the exception of The Vampire Diaries, I can’t think of a more intense teen-centric show on TV today. For God’s sake, the dramatic head-turning alone probably requires an on-set medic at all times! Whiplash is a serious condition, you guys.

2. Choice TV Actress, Drama:

Any of the main four girls would be worthy of this nomination, but I’d like to particularly shine a spotlight on Troian Bellisario and Shay Mitchell.

Emily’s coming-out story, a major part the show’s first season, was one of the most talked-about aspects of the show, applauded by critics and special interest groups alike. Do teens have something against hot lesbians in swimming caps?

As for Spencer, dear voters, I have but four words for you: “I. Will. Destroy. Her.” Best line ever. Case closed. Moving on…

3. Choice TV Actor, Drama:

The girls may get the most screen-time on the show, but there are also some pretty terrific male actors in Rosewood. Take Keegan Allen, for example. Toby’s gone from creepy to cuddly over the course of the series, all the while handled brilliantly by Keegan. Come on, your character doesn’t become a weekly Twitter trend for nothing.

There’s also Ian Harding, whose eyes alone could earn him a nomination. No one does that “I’m being romantic, but also I’m terrified of going to prison” stare quite like Mr. Fitz.

4. Choice Villain:

Justin Bieber on CSI? Let’s get serious now. Ryan Merriman had us on the edge of our seats all seasons as murderous golf-enthusiast Ian, and Tammin Sursok continues to creep me out on a weekly basis as not-so-blind Jenna. (Her little flute song serves as the soundtrack to my nightmares!) Either one of those actors would make a fine nominee.

5. Choice Hotties:

You can’t throw a rock in Rosewood without hitting someone worthy of this particular award. Lucy Hale, Ashley Benson, Tyler Blackburn, Brant Daugherty any of them would make fine nominees, and that’s just the tip of the show’s beautiful iceberg.

So what’s the verdict, HollywoodLifers? Do you think “A” had something to do with Pretty Little Liars‘ epic snub?

— Andy Swift

A'sAcomplice

Posted at 3:24 AM on August 8, 2011

Edit: and where was Shay Mitchell’s nomination for Emily?! Emily has impacted so many teen lives and her character has had the hardest ride of anyone. What happened to real nominations?

A'sAcomplice

Posted at 3:20 AM on August 8, 2011

Garbage. PLL is better than ABC Family anyway. Should be on ABC. Fantastic show, horrible year for the TCAs.

aPLLfan

Posted at 3:32 PM on July 18, 2011

this IS REALLY CHEAP to pretty little liars. I mean like.. is this some kind of psychotic joke ? Well, its not funny.. not at all.

kale

Posted at 1:03 PM on July 16, 2011

i was scoping it out today and did not see them… wtf?
I’m very confused… Isn’t the show a monster in ratings for ABC Family…and just teen demographic in general…

Patty

Posted at 12:52 PM on June 30, 2011

I can believe this! :O yes ist a bad joke! with or not award I love PRETTY LITTLE LIARS is one of the best shows ever!

ME

Posted at 11:08 AM on June 30, 2011

PRETTY LITTLE LIARS!!

Cokkie

Posted at 10:28 AM on June 30, 2011

BAAAAAAAAAD JOKE from TCA I hope. This isn’t normal at all. This is… I just can’t.

Migle

Posted at 6:17 AM on June 30, 2011

I swear this is a complete and utter insult to the show! I CANNOT BELIEVE that PLL wasn’t nominated for the TCA’s.
But on a happier note: Maybe they werent nominated becuz the people in charge were worried they would get all the awards XD Yea thats why!

Migle