Minka’s hair is full of volume, but not frizz. See how to create bold curls that won’t puff out — even on a steamy summer evening.
Celebrity hairstylist, Mark Towsend, worked his magic on Minka Kelly for Ferragamo’s Resort 2012 show on June 28th and he gives you his exact hair how-to!
Here’s how Mark created Minka’s look:
- For the Ferragamo 2012 Resort fashion show I wanted Minka to have full, voluminous hair. I ran a few drops of Dove Nourishing Oil Care Serum through Minka’s damp hair and then added a large dollop of Dove Body and Lift Mousse before blowdrying with my hands.
- I wanted Minka’s hair to have tons of texture so I did not use a round brush for the blowout, instead I rough dried it completely knowing that the serum would keep her hair from getting frizzy.
- When all the hair was dry, I took 3 inch sections of her hair and sprayed it with Dove Flexible Hold Hairspray and then wrapped the hair around a 1 1/2 inch curling iron to give her sexy waves that will last all night.
- When I was finished curling her hair, I liberally sprayed Oribe Dry Texture Spray all through her hair and even asked her to flip her head upside down so I could spray the hair underneath, giving the hair a great, second day texture.
- Just before Minka left for the show I sprayed Dove Extra Hold Hairspray all over to add more texture and keep those waves in place.
Try out these tips and tell us what YOU think!
Read More About Celebrity Hairstyles!
- Christina Hendricks On Cover Of ‘Lucky’: Why She Went Red At Age 10 And Why YOU Should Be A Redhead Too!
- Katy Perry Has A Hair Fail — What Color Is She Trying To Achieve?
- Rosie Huntington-Whitely Does Straight Hair Two Ways — Which Look Do You Like Best?