Emily Maynard: 'Why I Wouldn't Marry Brad Womack'!

Wed, June 29, 2011 9:58am EDT by 27 Comments 10,321 Article Views

Emily tearfully reveals she’s heartbroken over the breakup — meanwhile, Brad says Emily was ‘the one’ but his temper caused the breakup — will they get back together?

Emily Maynard and Brad Womack are officially over. The once happy couple tell People magazine that although their breakup happened just a few weeks ago, they plan to stay in each other’s lives forever. But Emily candidly tells the magazine that the breakup was “my worst nightmare.”

“The demise of our relationship was completely my fault,” Brad says. “I gave Em every reason under the sun to get out much sooner than she did. She hung in there with me much, much longer than she should have.”

Emily paints a picture that things began spiraling downhill while The Bachelor aired last January. But Emily will take ABC’s stage once again and discuss the aftermath of her breakup with Brad on a special set to air on July 11.

“Watching it back, he had a tendency to say the same thing to a couple of girls,” says Emily. “So I felt less and less special.”

Once Emily accepted the $50,000 Neil Lane diamond engagement ring on the season finale reports began swirling that Emily was moving to Brad’s native Austin, Texas.

“I need stability,” she says of her decision not to move. “I can’t just say I’ll figure it out when I get there. I didn’t feel it would be a good move to take my daughter [Ricki, 6,] away from her life for a guy if I don’t know if it’s going to work out a month down the road.”

Brad blames the breakup entirely on himself and says his temper is what ultimately caused their demise.

“I would get so angry and would feel almost violated,” he says. “I would keep those feelings bottled up, and by the time I had the chance to speak to Em … I would let that negative emotion come flooding out, and it was almost as if she was being attacked.”

Although it sounds like it was a slow and painful breakup, Emily looks at it from a mature perspective.

“There was no huge blow-up fight,” she says. “It was two adults having the maturity to step away and realize that just because we love each other doesn’t mean we’re right for each other.”

Reasons why Brad and Emily’s relationship fell apart:

• Emily grew jealous of other contestants on the show: “Even when there were 30 girls, he still made me feel special. But then, watching it back, he had a tendency to do the same thing to a couple of girls. So I felt less and less special.”
  • Emily wasn’t exactly eager to uproot and move to Texas: “I can’t just say I’ll figure it out when I get there. I didn’t feel it would be a good move to take my daughter away from her life for a guy if I don’t know if it’s going to work out a month down the road.”
  • Long-distance relationships are never easy, and Emily knows firsthand: “There’s nothing worse than fighting with someone you love so much. When we were together, we were really happy. But the second we were a part, it got hard.”
  • Brad wasn’t ready to be a dad: “He didn’t understand why I couldn’t go on a random vacation the next day. It’s hard for me to say, ‘I am so tired, I want to go to bed at 8,’ and for him to understand … It’s hard to convey what it’s like to be a parent to somebody that has no idea.”
  • Emily wishes they had met at church: “I feel confident that had we lived in the same city and met at church, we could have made it.”
  • Brad’s temper. Even he admits it: “I would get so angry and would feel almost violated. I would keep those feelings bottled up, and by the time I had the chance to speak to Em…I would let that negative emotion come flooding out, and it was almost as if she was being attacked.”

— Chloe Melas

Read More HL Gossip Here!:

1. ‘Bachelorette’ Ashley Hebert’s Going To Be A Dentist — So Which Of Her Men Has The Best Smile?
  2. ‘Bachelorette’ Ashley Hebert’s Fiancé Has Secret Girlfriend! Her New Betrayals!
  3. ‘Bachelorette’ Preview: Bentley Williams Is Back & Ashley Confronts Him In Hong Kong!

joe

Posted at 12:10 AM on June 7, 2012

nice looking girl like her everything a man would want in a women but going on a dating site ,you know it was all for ratings and money ,easy way to make alot ,very sad about her x ,probabely a very nice guy and very rare to find one of them anymore.well of course except for me lol.feel sad for her kid and her but got to give credit where credit is do ,and i give her alot.hope she finds wat shes searching for and her and her kid have a great long and happy life ,good luck and i wish u 2 the best .oh 1 more thing ,u should have picked me ,im better looking then all those joes????????and big bonus i would have loved u both equal……………but to late i changed my mind lol.

Mabel

Posted at 3:52 PM on May 31, 2012

I’m from South Africa,and the final episode is only showing here tomorrow,but my step mom ruined it for me a few days ago as she found out and told me that Brad choose Emily,which I was thrilled about,until she also told me they broke up!OH NO! I thought they were awesome together,such a pity things ended the way they did. Well,I wish them both well and hope they both find love and happiness.

Join Scentsy Deutschland Sell Scentsy Deutschland Become a Scentsy Consultant Canada Sell Scentsy from Home Sell Scentsy Candles from Home Sell Candle from Home Sell Candles from Home Start a Candle Business Online with Scentsy Work from Home Legitimate W

Posted at 3:17 AM on April 20, 2012

Hi there, I just learned about your website via Bing, and found that it is really informative. I’ll appreciate if you happen to write about this this in the future. Many folks can be benefited from your writing. Cheers!

Daily updated photo galleries of erotic nude girls and the hottest nude models. Home to the most beautiful young women and the biggest and best erotic art site on the web. Whether you like photos of young nude teens that are totally shaved, or older women

Posted at 10:48 AM on April 18, 2012

Normally I don’t read article on blogs, however I would like to say that this write-up very forced me to try and do it! Your writing taste has been amazed me. Thanks, quite nice post.

AnnieMae

Posted at 11:17 PM on February 27, 2012

Every seasons bachlor/ette is such a joke! No one knows another their all in it for themselves and the fame. Money hungry driven people that usually come from nothing. None of these couples last longer than 5yrs& if they do its very very rare!

girlsense

Posted at 2:36 PM on July 26, 2011

ok join girlsense.com and go to the following boutique and buy fashions,,,CODYisCRAZY, NINJAturtlez,,,, MacaroniShell go to them and buy stuff

Jenn

Posted at 7:40 PM on July 14, 2011

While I am sure they had some sort of relationship, I don’t think either of them was really in it for the long haul, otherwise they would have gotten counceling and salvaged the relationship. I suspect that she had other motives for going on the show in the first place, as I am sure he did as well, most likely to drum up busines. I know it’s par for the course as reality shows go, but on a show where so many emotions are involved it’s especially sad to see.

Some ideas I think would be interesting to see as changes in the show are: Having the contestants and bachelor/bachelorette be from the same state.

I would also like to see the show stop trying to be the travel channel and have most of the dating go on in the state that the bachelor/bachelorette is from, and at the bachelor/bachelorettes place. I love fantasy dates, but if there were fewer of those I think it would make for more interesting conversations to listen to as a viewer. They are so awestruck by their experience that it’s a pretty boring date anyway most of the time.

Also, please, no more recyled bachelor/bachelorettes. Fresh faces!

I saw a site mention too regular dating after the show with it being a part of the show. I’d like to see that!

Oh, and I think that the bachelor/bachelorette should have a hand in picking the men/women that are in the dating pool. I mean it still leaves a lot of room for surprises, as the contestants wouldn’t know, and how much fun would it be to see that selection process. A bit like an American Idol audition, only without the contestants knowing.

Just some fun thoughts…

Laini

Posted at 7:14 PM on July 12, 2011

I want to zip line. I want to swim with sharks. Like an elephant ride and romantic picnics and Brad telling her he loved her mid-point wasn’t enough. Spoiled…spoiled. Look within Emily…and grow up.

Laini

Posted at 7:12 PM on July 12, 2011

It was pretty clear in the finale show that Emily had jealousy issues. I mean, what was she expecting? I think she’s pretty spoiled, and a little confused on what she wants. I recall and interview where Brad said “Sweet, sweet little Emily”, like he had seen the real Emily, and clearly it was different than what he had seen previous. She was hedging the whole time – it’s better for the both of them to move on. I’m sure Brad doesn’t want to be used by a woman who wants everything her way. Brad: cap the temper and get on with it.
Oh ya, Bentley is an idiot, but then again, so is this most incredibly boring and irritating Bachelorette…her final picks look good on her – the twins Ben and Constipated, and the odd man in red pants Ames, and construction boy with the big jealousy issues – and a prediction – a jealous and overprotective mother.

debbie

Posted at 10:25 AM on July 12, 2011

Brad is a jerk, Bentley is another jerk, Emily was right to leave Brad, but I hope down the line, something occurs for both of them.
Bentley should of came clean with Ashley, from day 1, instea of leading her on. J.P. Better be good to Ashely if he is the one, she has been thru enough, with both jerks.

JungeCat

Posted at 6:01 PM on July 10, 2011

Maybe he should get anger management hep!!

Rad Bromack

Posted at 11:34 AM on July 7, 2011

This makes no sense. Brad says Emily is the one, the love of his life but being with her brings out his bad temper?

????

It’s clear he’s got people problems, he can’t have a relationship with a woman without his ‘problems’ coming to the surface. He may not have the personality to be with a woman long term. His anger may be due to him trying to change his personality to suit a long term relationship when deep down he knows he can’t. Back to the shrink, Brad!

JungeCat

Posted at 6:05 PM on July 10, 2011

He could be “controlling.” Most normal women do not want to be controlled by men, regardless of how much they love them.

Alex

Posted at 11:55 AM on July 5, 2011

I just want to say that I believe the show painted Emily to be much more then what she is. Nothing against Emily because I was rooting for her the whole time, but no one could live up to those standards. No one is perfect.

Obviously this show is a competition and you can’t expect Brad to not have feelings for mulitiple girls. Thats basically what the show is about.

I do not know how Emily did not feel special watching the show back, because to me she was the winner in his eyes after they went on their first one on one date.

The most special thing that he did for her is getting down on one knee in the end and choosing her. He picked her over 25 women. How much more special can you feel?

Lee

Posted at 5:04 PM on June 30, 2011

FUNNY TO ME -
HOW DID SHE THINK THIS WAS GOING TO WORK WHEN SHE KNEW ALL ALONG BRAD’S WORK KEPT HIM IN AUSTIN…….
AND FROM THE GET-GO, SHE WANTED TO STAY IN HER HOME TOWN (NEAR NASCAR FAMIY, WHERE SHE ENJOYS BEING “CARED FOR”)!
THIS DOESN’T ADD UP….MISS GOODY-2-SHOES, EMILY…

SORRY – YOU TALK A GOOD GAME, BUT THERE ARE INCONSISTENCY HERE…
YOU’VE SUGAR-COATING YOURSELF FROM THE BEGINNING…..

AND BRAD PUT ALL HIS FAITH IN YOU –
WHAT A WASTE FOR HIM
MOVE ON, BRAD – YOU CAN DO MUCH BETTER THAN THIS!

christie

Posted at 12:44 AM on July 12, 2011

I agree Brad may have a temper but she knew what she was getting into from day 1 what a bummer for Brad.

Ex Emily Fan

Posted at 10:03 AM on June 30, 2011

Immature Emily!!!! I am sure you not ready to be a parent at 19 you learned!!! You are stupid your daughter is not going to have a father and she will feel empty forever the older she gets the harder it will be for her to except someone. Everyone has baggage you have your own so does he!! If you love each other that is the first step grow up or be alone forever!!!

Christie

Posted at 12:47 AM on July 12, 2011

What the heck was she thinking Amen to that ex emily fan.I think she needs to grow up and learn how to deal with a real Man Brad is the lucky one

Marie

Posted at 8:28 AM on April 5, 2012

Wow… That is some really bad english grammar. I am from Norway and write better english than you! :P

itsmememe

Posted at 9:09 AM on June 30, 2011

good.. Emily is a witch in sheeps filth…. toodles to you blondie bimbo…. I dont care.. BRAD CAN DO BETTER THAN THIS SLEEEEEEZEBALL…. HO HO HO ITS NOT MAGIC….

LDLD

Posted at 12:01 PM on July 5, 2011

Emily never did anything to deserve that comment.

Brad and Emily both have faults. But she is not after a bunch of guys and using them.

I think you need to be a little bit more mature.

In the after the rose ceremony episode, one thing Emily commented on was it was hard to see what everyone was saying about them that wasnt true. Its people like you who make it even harder for people to have their relationship.

They did make an adult decision, and honestly its no ones right to even care about what that decision is.

I would not want the whole world knowing my personal life because thats what it is…MY personal life. if they had met somewhere else and not on the show, then no one wouldve cared anyways.

So back off and let them be!

fay

Posted at 4:20 PM on July 9, 2011

since you know Brad can do better why dont you seek him out for yourself?

ana

Posted at 2:03 PM on June 29, 2011

he knew she has ricki, and i don’t think he was prepared to be a father.

rain

Posted at 1:36 PM on June 29, 2011

I paid $32.67 for a XBOX 360 and my mom got a 17 inch Toshiba
laptop for $94.83 being delivered to our house tomorrow by fed3x. I
will never again pay expensive r3tailprices at stores.I even sold a 46
inch HDTV to my boss for $650 and it only cost me $52.78 to get. Here
is the website we using to get all this stuff,búzzsave. c0m..

anonymous

Posted at 11:41 AM on June 29, 2011

Brad is gay.

Molly

Posted at 10:25 AM on June 29, 2011

He has a really dumb look to his face.

kauan