Dia Frampton Addresses Criticism That She's Already Famous Because Of 'Meg & Dia'

Wed, June 29, 2011 7:00pm EDT by 8 Comments
Courtesy of NBC

Dia Frampton explains that her former band with her sister had a much smaller fan base than people think, and reveals she still feels ‘new to it all’!

Dia Frampton is still at the top of the iTunes music charts and it looks like either she or Javier Colon will win The Voice tonight. The Voice allows contestants who have had record deals already and both Javier and Dia have had albums before. Some fans recognized Dia from her band with her sister Meg & Dia, and there are a few people criticizing Dia for already having experience. The 23-year-old singer spoke to reporters about whether or not she feels she has an edge since she’s performed so much in the past.“We do have a lot of awesome fans for Meg & Dia but I feel like it’s a lot smaller than people think. I mean, we kind of,  we hit our peak about four years ago and our peak was getting our song played after ‘The Hills’, which I never watched, for like 20
seconds,” explained Dia. “So that was kind of like our big moment. That’s kind of sad,” she laughed.

Dia has had a bit of stage fright since the show began, and she was known as one of Blake Shelton‘s two “shy girls”. “I’ve played maybe 200 shows a year sometimes with my family and band. But I’ve been with them for seven years and I’m comfortable with them and, if I forget a word, I’ll look over at Meg and she’ll kind of be like, she’ll start singing or you know, if something goes wrong or I’m getting a little nervous she’ll be right there, right next to me,” confessed Dia. “It’s such a different level doing it here, alone, in front of judges on live television, I feel like I am so new to it all.”

If Dia wins tonight, she’ll get $100,000 and a contract with Universal Republic. As the singer said last night, this is a lot different than what she’s used to. “The last record I did in my mom’s house. You can actually hear the dishwasher in one song.”

Do you want Dia Frampton to win? Do you think she’s had an unfair advantage with Meg & Dia’s success? Or do you agree with her that this is completely different?

Lorena O’Neil

Love ‘The Voice’? Follow Lorena on Twitter

Check Out More Dia!

1. Click here to see why Dia is jealous of Xenia
  2. Check out what Dia will be doing with Miranda Lambert
  3. Click to hear Dia sing ‘Heartless’

weight loss,weight loss calculator,weight loss tips,weight loss supplements,weight loss exercise,weightloss programs,weight watchers,weight watchers recipes,weight watchers points

Posted at 2:38 PM on April 12, 2012

Wonderful issues altogether, you just gained a new reader. What might you recommend in regards to your post that you simply made a few days ago? Any certain?

lorretta snow

Posted at 5:04 PM on October 21, 2011

Nakia was and is the most exciting, new and boisterous singer on there. He kept the crowd going. They loved him and we do too. He has been overlooked this time but never the less, you have not heard the last of this brillant, handsome and full of life man. He lives for music and to entertain people. Thats what is most important.

chris

Posted at 6:36 PM on July 3, 2011

She is actually the underdog. Yes, she had a band, but Javier Colon was Javier a juvenile R&B singer when he was younger who I remember hearing on the radio.. though I don’t remember liking him as much as other R&B singers.. anyways.. They are both in the same boat.. pretty much the only people who didn’t make it in music at on point already were Jeff Jenkins and Xenia Martinez. Frenchie was on Broadway, Jared had a band and a few labels he was shortly with. The show never claimed to only focus on amateurs ala American Idol.

Keith Cauley

Posted at 8:24 PM on July 2, 2011

I cannot believe Dia was even considered over Beverly and Viki. She does not have the voice of these two and I think the fact that Beverly and Viki were “gay” had a lot to do with America’s voting. Dia Frampton should not even be on the top 8 list. Quit leaving the voting up to “America” and rely on professional artist to choose…they know talent and don’t give a crap about gay or not gay.

mojo

Posted at 8:17 PM on June 30, 2011

I think They are all wicked Artists – some with more overall musical/instrumental talent but all in all,’The Voice’ Really proved that this was not a “competition” as now they are all known -Itunes – mySpace – fBook – etc…. No one went home empty handed!!
My Fav’duet was Casey Weston W/ Tim Mahoney Leather and Lace

amanda

Posted at 4:11 PM on June 30, 2011

I just wanted to say how disappointed I was to see that Dia was not the one chosen to be The Voice. There was a lot of great talent on The Voice. But, I believe that Dia’s voice was very unique. To bad since the results was so close that they couldn’t award the title to both Javier and Dia.

sam

Posted at 10:08 PM on June 29, 2011

it makes no sense to say that dia had an unfair advantage, when javier has been signed and has had experience before also. plus vicci has her own wikipedia page and she has had or is currently in a band too. and i think beverley has had experience of some kind too (i think i saw an album on itunes). anyways, each contestant has had some taste of the music industry or has had some experience so i think it is a fair competition.

BettyL

Posted at 11:14 PM on July 7, 2011

Dia was signed, too. Obviously, she is not capable of learning if she still feels “new to it all”. Get a clue, Dia!