Ryan Dunn's Passenger Zachary Hartwell Was Trying To Start A Family When He Died! Heartbreaking First Interview With Zac's Dad!

Mon, June 27, 2011 9:38pm EDT by 7 Comments

Les Rhetoric

Posted at 11:57 AM on July 28, 2011

The following is inaccurate – “Zac … was deployed to Iraq just hours after the World Trade Center Towers fell on 9/11.”

We didn’t go into Iraq until we after we ousted the Taliban from leading Afghanistan. Only after did we go into Iraq and that certainly doesn’t qualify as “just hours after”.

Chuck

Posted at 2:28 PM on June 28, 2011

I’m very glad the Hartwell’s father is not planning on trying to profit off of this tragedy. It is a true testament to their love for their son that during this time of grief they are focused on celebrating his life instead of figuring out how to collect a check. The fact that so many people’s instant thought was to litigate just shows how out of touch most people’s priorities are with reality.

Molly

Posted at 8:34 AM on June 28, 2011

I feel terrible for his poor wife, Rachel. Her husband and dreams of having children were just taken away from her, just like that. Even though Zac drove badly, it was Ryan behind the wheel that night and it was Ryan’s car. Zac did not deserve to die like that. I can’t help but feel in my heart that Ryan should have delivered Zac back safely home. If it had been my husband, I would be so deeply angry, possibly unjustifiably so.

She ought to sue Ryan’s estate. She is going to need grief counseling and support through this. I think Hartwell’s father spoke too soon. Who will help pay the mortgage and the funeral costs and counseling for the widow?

Nana

Posted at 6:41 PM on June 29, 2011

He went into the car drunk himself, so he is also to blame. Not only Ryan. He could have said no.

sandy

Posted at 2:13 AM on June 28, 2011

to the father of zac you sound like one terffic dad and prays are with you

Sammi

Posted at 12:56 AM on June 28, 2011

Omg I didnt know Zac and Rachel bought a HOUSE right behind the exit? I didnt even KNOW they had a HOUSE there? OMGawd that is SO TERRIBLE GOD BLESS HER PRECIOUS HEART she must be TRAUMATIZED!!!!!!! I pray she finds the peace and comfort she deserves! And Mr. Hartwell is a real stand up MAN!!! Ya don’t find many like him around anymore! ☻ Hopefully he & his wife may help her thru this hard time, sounds like they adore her! It’s ALL just so heartbreaking. </3

lola

Posted at 10:44 PM on June 27, 2011

oh man, that poor family, and to know that poor wife heard the crash but didn’t realize what had happened.

my thoughts and prayers go out to them all, it’s just so sad all around.