Angelina Jolie Irked By Chaz Bono's Comments About Her Daughter Shiloh!

Mon, June 27, 2011 4:14pm EST by 31 Comments

Sonny and Cher’s transgendered son not only shocked us when he hinted to E! News that Shiloh Jolie-Pitt has gender issues — he pissed off Angelina!

Chaz Bono, who transitioned from female to male, admitted that he “would love to talk toBrad Pitt and Angelina Jolie about their 5-year-old daughter Shiloh while he was promoting his book, Transition: The Story of How I Became a Man, to E! News in May. And now that word of the news has spread, Angelina is LIVID!

A longtime associate of Hollywood’s favorite couple tells the Sun Times that Angie is irked by Chaz’s comments and thought that as a child of famous parents he would “know better, and certainly should know how inappropriate it is to offer advice — especially on child-rearing — via the media.”

Angelina reportedly believes her children are “off limits,” according to a report in Ok! magazine where a source adds that Angie thinks it’s “perfectly normal for little girls to be tomboys when they’re that age.”

But obviously, Chaz sees something Brad and Angelina don’t, and he decided to voice his opinion. But should he have kept his mouth shut? He pissed of Angelina Jolie!

–Leigh Blickley

Get More on HollyBaby:

1. Angelina Jolie, Zahara & Shiloh Visit Daddy Brad Pitt On The Set Of His New Zombie Film!
  2. Should Angelina Jolie And Brad Pitt FINALLY Get Married?
  3. Angelina Jolie Slams Schools, Claiming Her Kids Are Better Off Staying At Home!

Riis

Posted at 12:43 PM on December 19, 2014

When you deal with this topic everyday of your life it’s easy to forget how frightened other people (who don’t) can be by it. You often have to really put kid-gloves on especially for parents because they (unconsciously or not) often spend a LOT of time hoping it will go away and secretly wondering what THEY did to “cause” it. The answer is – nothing. Parents did NOTHING to cause their kid to be transgender. They just ~are~ and it’s their responsibility to help them get through it. Now, as for saying “I’d like to help” in a public way – ouchie territory for parents. I am certain it was meant in the most loving and genuine way – but refer back to my first two sentences.

free zynga poker chips generator

Posted at 8:12 AM on September 21, 2014

There’s definately a great deal to learn about this subject.

I love all the points you made.

Posted at 7:18 AM on September 13, 2014

Howdy just wanted to give you a brief heads up and let you know a few of the pictures aren’t loading correctly.
I’m not sure why but I think its a linking issue.
I’ve tried it in two different browsers and both show the same results.

lilasiris

Posted at 9:21 PM on June 2, 2014

Angelina has a long history of mental illness and strange behavior herself. That doesn’t just go under the rug because she’s in a long term relationship or a mom. It’s obvious that Shiloh is either a tomboy or unhappy about being a girl. She rarely looks happy, though.

lynn

Posted at 4:12 PM on December 12, 2012

And you are dumb….dumb…dumb! This kid NEVER looks happy. There’s something going on here. Angie is like a mother that makes up illnesses to attract attention. Same attention whore.that kissed her brother so personal on read carpet, had a necklace with Hillbilly bobs blood. Come on she goes out her way to dress this kid not like not, but a sloppy dude. This girl was so pretty until her mother filled her head full ” u can dress like your brothers” chaz is right, weird

jenny

Posted at 1:22 PM on January 6, 2014

Omg you’ve read my mind! hahaha Angelina is a wierdo!!!

Tomboy

Posted at 2:27 AM on November 4, 2012

I hate the word “Gender Issues”. It makes it sound like some sort of mental problem. Chaz’s surgery is no different than people who engage in heavy tattooing/body modding or women who have lots of cosmetic surgery. It’s just an extreme way to express themselves.

I’m a hetrosexual woman who looks an uncanny lot like Mel C did during her Spice Girls days. I’ve always been told I look masculine. But I don’t care whether I look male or female or ugly or whatever else. I’m a human being and I wear what’s practical and comfortable and I do the things I enjoy.

Maybe Chaz didn’t have a “crisis” maybe she just enjoys to live life as a man. (Like many other trans-people).

Who cares what Shiloh likes to wear. They’re just clothes. She’s a human being. Whatever she does sexually when she’s older is such a small, small part of who she is.

Do you walk down the street and try to work out the sexuality of everyone you see? Or do you just do it to people who look different? Why do you care so much about this? We’re human beings, not sex machines.

Dressing as a boy is probably a fun thing for a little girl to do when zillions of people are taking photos of you all the time.

miles

Posted at 5:56 PM on June 18, 2013

you make me sick. first off, chaz bono is a “he.” ha may have been born with a vagina but your biology doesn’t define your gender. sex =/= gender.
also, you don’t even have a right to compare your own experience of looking slightly masculine when it pales in comparison to what us trans* people have to deal with every day of our lives. you’re cissexual and heterosexual and you shouldn’t even try to make it seem like your experience is even close.

ttokkyo

Posted at 11:43 AM on May 30, 2014

It’s absolutely sickening to see how many narrow-minded people are in this world. Transgender people KNOW they are in the wrong body since they can remember. I advise you to go onYoutube and watch “I am Jazz: documentary.

Know It All

Posted at 6:31 PM on May 27, 2012

Of Of course Shiloh has gender issues. Little girls don’t dress like little boys unless they’re having a gender identity crisis. Angelina can’t bear to deal with this reality.

Amaryllis

Posted at 7:02 PM on February 26, 2013

I was a total tomboy til I hit puberty, then all of the sudden I turned into a curvy blonde. Before that I fell out of trees, my favorite toy was a green car, and I never owned a doll. I looked and dressed like a little boy. It takes a while to know if it’s a “phase” or if a kid is really transgendered. Meanwhile, it doesn’t help to have others make comments about you in the media. Seems like Shiloh’s parents are allowing her to dress and act in the way she feels comfortable. Doesn’t seem to me that they are trying to stifle her and are doing all that is required at this stage of the game.

beth

Posted at 2:47 PM on March 6, 2012

Wow you are all a bunch of narrowminded ignorant people! You can’t even begin to imagine the internal conflit chaz must have felt all his life. would you speak of your own child like this if they ever had gender issues? Tell your child to hide it and stay away from children because something is wrong with them? I don’t think chaz meant any harm by offering support. Its a difficult thing to go through and it is better to talk about it and support the child than to pretend everything is ‘normal’. Yes, shilo is young and it is way too early to say who she will turn out to be, but obviously a little girl dressing like a boy is enough to cause disscussion, so being the child of famous parents, she will need support one way or another. I think it is great that her parents are letting her be who she wants to be. I feel sorry for all of your children. God forbid they turn out trans or gay. With people like you it is no suprise why so many young teens who struggle with gender/idenity or orientation fell their only choice is suicide.

lynn

Posted at 4:07 PM on December 12, 2012

Yuuki

Posted at 10:58 AM on January 25, 2012

Um, I don’t get why everyone is saying Angelina wanted to turn Shiloh into a boy? Are we just going to ignore the fact that she has two other daughters, both of which dress like little girls? Also, she definitely had Zahara before she gave birth to Shiloh, and Zahara has been dressed as a girl since birth. When Shiloh was a baby, she was dressed as a girl (although in those expensive clothes made to look cheap that Angelina liked to dress the kids in at that time.) We didn’t see Shiloh really start dressing in boy clothes or doing boy things until she was about 2, which is definitely when kids start expressing themselves. My niece is the same age as Shiloh, and when she was two, she used to say she “wanted to be the son” or “wanted to be a boy,” too, it’s really not that uncommon. Shiloh might be a tomboy. Or she might be transgender. That’s going to be her call, as she starts approaching puberty. It’s up to her. It’s not up to randoms on the internet to get angry about. And there is nothing wrong with her if she is a lesbian or transgender, so I don’t understand why everyone is freaking out about it. Either way, she’s fine. Yes, I know not every Tom boy grows up to be trans or even gay, but SOME do, so that’s not exactly ruled out, here, for Shiloh. We won’t know until she knows, so let’s just stop arguing about it.

peggy Cassidy

Posted at 11:51 PM on July 22, 2011

That is so STUPID for Chaz bono to offer His/her help to Brad and Angelina. A lot of little kids are tomboys. when i was 8 I got a toy gun and holster for my birthday. i had no gender problems. that’s the LAST thing shiloh needs is to feel she has PROBLEMS. That Sick sick Chaz should keep his mouth shut and hope they never let him/her near their little girl or ANY of their kids. SHE , yes She, Chaz is still a woman–can’t change your chromosones. She is like a little kid PLAYING A MAN—She has a mental problem, and needed help to deal with it, not to MANGLE HER BODY, Truly a SICK SICK LADY.

Lisha

Posted at 10:55 PM on July 4, 2011

I do agree that Shiloh dresses a little differently for a young girl. While I let my son play with dolls and my daughter plays with boy toys, I draw the line in letting my daughter completely dress like a boy. A tomboy stage is fine, but think about it. Have you EVER seen Shiloh dressed as a girl? I find that a little different. Maybe Chaz shouldn’t have commented like that, but there is a point under all the criticism.

Lisa

Posted at 12:01 AM on June 28, 2011

Chaz is totally gross! He is one ugly man!

dana

Posted at 9:42 PM on June 27, 2011

angie has been trying to turn her little girl into a boy since birth

dana

Posted at 9:39 PM on June 27, 2011

angie only likes boys and has been trying to turn her daughter into a boy since birth look at all the pics since before shiloh could speak

Val

Posted at 10:14 PM on July 25, 2011

I agree..she has done nothing but promote this for Shiloh…

M

Posted at 11:34 AM on February 18, 2014

angie actually like aslo girls, not only boys, you mean “liking” in that way, she has dated women as well :D

Kathy

Posted at 9:32 PM on June 27, 2011

Angelina thinks her kids should be off limits? Really!! Then why does she put them in front of the cameras every chance she gets?

rachel s

Posted at 8:03 PM on June 27, 2011

Chaz needs to crawl back into the hole he crawled out of. The only reason anyone knows who is he is cause his mom is Cher. He has no right calling out a 5 year old child. Makes me sick that he is targeting a her. He is finding into a generalized gender stereotype, the exact opposite that Angelina and Brad are choosing to raise their children with. Is Chaz gonna call out Knox for wearing a ladybug costume too? I applaud Brand and Angie for their parenting skills. Chaz needs to worry about himself, and stay out of the media.

Maci

Posted at 7:34 PM on June 27, 2011

I think Bono is a prick for assuming something like that. The girls five shut up

beth

Posted at 7:04 PM on June 27, 2011

Wow Bonnie is desperate to bash Angelina. Why is she repeating a story that came out a month ago?

vicky

Posted at 6:28 PM on June 27, 2011

Bonnie say : my son sasha ia gay !

Meg

Posted at 10:56 PM on July 4, 2011

Wow, that was rude…. Bonnie’s son is ten…really, you don’t have ANYONE else to pick on?

vicky

Posted at 5:34 PM on June 27, 2011

F.YOU BONNIE

Teresa

Posted at 4:24 PM on June 27, 2011

Ok I am 36 years old and I am a female and when I was little I was a tomboy and I turned out straight. I don’t think there is nothing wrong with girls playing with boys toys and climbing trees and things like that just like I don’t think there is nothing wrong with a boy playing with dolls. I think if more boys would play with dolls they would be better parents. I think people should mind thier own business.

Cybergal

Posted at 5:01 PM on June 27, 2011

Teresa, I agree with you completely! I grew up with 2 brothers & I was the baby & hung with them everywhere, to their disgust. They treated me like one of the boys & I too was a sporty, tom-boy, who was Capt. of my girls basketball team & tennis star for my school. Besides being a gurly, girly with a Barbie doll collection to die for, I wouldn’t ever let my brothers borrow any of my Barbies for their GI Joe battles, & I still turned out straight, too. WoW, the nerve of some people who want to believe just because they were confused, everyone is. Not always the case, fortunately! I love how Angie & Brad are raising their kids & I bet they’ll be more grounded & well-rounded than Chaz ever could have dreamed!

anon

Posted at 7:08 PM on June 27, 2011

Agreed. I also find it interesting that he never made any comment about Shiloh until AFTER his docu show on OWN came was announced. Hmmmmm….

If this were my daughter and some other person I’d be angry and tell them to back off my child!