'Bachelorette' Contestant Ben Flajnik: Ashley Hebert Felt Like My Girlfriend!

Sun, June 26, 2011 10:10am EDT by 6 Comments

Ben video blogs about his first one-on-one date with Ashley: ‘Not being able to kiss her was a bit torturous!’ Aww!

Bachelorette Ashley Hebert‘s clearly developing feelings for Ben Flajnik, the sexy winemaker from California. And it’s pretty obvious during their first one-on-one date on Chiang Mai, Thailand that Ben’s nurturing the same emotions. In his personal video blog on Warner Bros Bachelor site, Ben shares his thoughts about their first date and how it felt like Ashley was his girlfriend!

“Going into the date, I wasn’t all that nervous based on Ashley and I’s time spent together at the orphanage outside of Phuket,” Ben admits. “That being said, it was kind of an easy day for me. It was super natural. I really felt like she was my ‘girlfriend’ for the day.”

Ben loved the date. “It was nice just holding her hand walking, just kind of a fun filled day, super light, super easy,” he admits.

But dinner took a more serious turn for him. “Moving into the dinner conversation, there were some things I wanted to tell Ashley that are a big part of my life and I hadn’t told her before,” Ben fesses. “That was mainly about my father’s passing [and] me being relatively emotionally unavailable — emotional zombie is what I think I said.”

“I wanted to explain to her how I was feeling and where I was in that stage of my life,” he continues. “I think that it was conveyed properly, that she responded well to what I was telling her.”

And Ashley and Ben made more than just an emotional connection. Sparks were literally flying when they sat chatting together at an ancient temple — but they had to restrain themselves because it’s against the religion of the temple to kiss when on it’s premises.

“Walking through that temple and not being able to kiss her was a bit torturous,” recalls Ben.

“But it was all worth it in the end,” he adds. “The whole day, the whole night — everything was wonderful. I had a blast with her, a lot of fun. We had a nice dinner and concluded the evening with a wonderful kiss!”

Aww! Don’t you just love Ben F.? Too bad it’s rumored that he comes in as the runner-up!

- Lindsey DiMattina

More ‘Bachelorette’ Stories:

1. Ashley’s Friends Say She Couldn’t Have Slept With Bentley!
  2. Ashley’s Secret Rendezvous With Fiance!
  3. Ashley Reportedly Slept With Bentley!

bumper scuff

Posted at 3:01 PM on June 11, 2012

Thank you for some other informative web site. Where else could I am getting that type of info written in such a perfect means? I’ve a challenge that I’m just now running on, and I’ve been on the glance out for such information.

Robert

Posted at 9:32 AM on July 30, 2011

I think Ashley is a very selfish person. She only considers her own feelings and doesn’t care about hurting others. She knew all along that she was not going to choose Ben who is a very wonderful and sensitive person. She could hardly handle it when Constantine rejected her.Smart guy to walk out on her.

Anna

Posted at 6:39 PM on June 30, 2011

AWWW! Ben will make some lady a great husband! It just won’t be Ashley because I’m #TeamJP!! :D

(Sorry for that outburst.)

Anyway, Ben definitely seems like a sweet guy! I hope he finds someone in his quest for love! :)

IB

Posted at 1:52 AM on June 27, 2011

Ben is a great guy no doubt about it, but in the long run I would choose J.P. for Ashley. They’ve had the connection from day 1.

Lisa

Posted at 12:18 AM on June 27, 2011

Think she is best with J.P. He has been my favorite from the very start. She need a strong man that is confident. J.P. is perfect for her. Not to mention they have soo much chemistry together. Thier kissing scenes are like fireworks and he is totally fallen for her. I am keeping with Reality Steve and hopeing J.P. is the winner. Ben F is just too sensitive for her but he is charming. J.P. is just the total TOTAL package, hot, sweet, charming, sensitive and did I mention HOT? LOL

Team J.P.

Mary

Posted at 6:51 PM on June 26, 2011

Ben is totally adorable!! He’s my favorite!!