It’s summertime — and you know what that means! We have to kick our butts in shape so we can look fabulous in our shorts and bikinis! Take our quiz to find out whose star’s fitness regiment works best for YOU!
Summer has officially begun — and if you’re like me, you might not be 100% prepared to flaunt your bikini on the beach just yet! But don’t fret, there’s no better time than the present to drop some pounds and tone your body — and you can start by finding out what kind of fitness activities best suit YOUR personality. Are you a jogger, like Reese Witherspoon, or do you prefer to squeeze in a fast and intense workout in a gym, like Kim Kardashian? Take our quiz and find out!
After you’ve determined what fitness style will work best for you, it’s time to put it into action. I realized I do best when there’s someone holding me accountable — much like how Kim K loves her trainers and Barry’s Bootcamp — so I consulted with a trainer from one of Southern California’s leading training companies, Body Fit: LA, who gave me some pointers to share with you for your first week of “summer bootcamp:”
1. Determine what fitness or getting in shape means to you…how that looks & feels to you.
2.Consult your physician before starting any exercise program.
3. Assess your current fitness level by getting a fitness evaluation. Be sure to include a bodyfat test, strength test, flexibility, blood pressure & resting heart rate.
4. Set realistic goals & write them down
5. Get help from a fitness professional or personal trainer to get your started safely & keep you on track.
6. Most important is to HAVE FUN!!
As we get started on our summer fitness journey, if you have any questions — or need advice — please comment below and I’ll have one of the trainers at BodyFit: LA give you an answer! Take advantage of these experts — they’re excited to help!
Quiz by Alli Holt