Do You Really Know If Someone Is 'The One' At 17 Like Justin Bieber Believes Selena Gomez To Be?

Thu, June 23, 2011 12:11pm EDT by 39 Comments

Can you find the right person for you at such a young age?

Justin Bieber apparently made a pretty big statement to girlfriend Selena Gomez. Not only did the 17-year-old singer tell his girlfriend that he’s in love with her, but according to a recent report from OK! magazine, he confessed that she’s ‘the one.’ But does he really know that for sure at such a young age?

“Justin has told Selena she’s the one,” the source says. “Selena adores Justin and is definitely in love for the first time in her life. She’s talked about how cute their kids would be and that sort of thing.”

And yes, the baby-making ‘process’ (ie, sex) is already happening for the young pair, who can’t seem to keep their hands off one another. “Selena and Justin are having an intimate relationship. But she’s not going to let herself get pregnant,” the source continues. “She definitely loves kids and could see herself having Justin’s baby one day. But it’s not going to be right now.”

Is Selena really the person Justin is going to spend the rest of his life with? Breathe a sigh of relief, Beliebers, because 99% of me says no. There are those rare circumstances where you could marry your high school sweetheart, but for the most part that’s just a pipe dream.

If you’ve had your first sexual experience, you might feel like that person is going to be the one you’ll be with forever, but he probably won’t be. He’s going to fall into a category called ‘first love’, which is special, but doesn’t last forever  — aside from in your memory.

I don’t believe Selena and Justin even have that 1% chance of lasting forever. They weren’t high school sweethearts, didn’t grow up knowing one another and they’re both celebrities whose careers are taking off like rockets. That isn’t a recipe for success. But you never know…

The best advice I can give you if you think your boyfriend is ‘the one’ at 17 is to enjoy the moment. You want to look back at your first love and be grateful you had him, that you had such a great guy and such a great experience. Enjoy being where you at this very moment, and don’t look towards the future. Savor it…because it won’t last forever.

Email me! | Follow Hollywoodlife.com on Twitter | Become a Facebook fan

Kizzy

Posted at 8:57 PM on May 11, 2012

Stupid they love each other so they can be together ok and it’s none of your business anyway so yeah if it was you in that place you would be so mad you would wanna sue thank you very much goodbye

Aaliyah

Posted at 4:43 PM on April 5, 2012

SHES 19 AND STUFF. BUT STILL…WEAR IT. SHES MAKING HER FANS WORRIED. iM NOT A FAN. MY FRIENDS ARE. EW. I WONT KILL YOU OR ANYTHING SELENA. I LOVE AND RESPECT YOU BUT B RESPONSIBLE

Aaliyah

Posted at 4:41 PM on April 5, 2012

WHERES THE MOM IN THIS RELATIONSHIP ANYWAYS??…..WHERES THE ADVICE GIVEN TO THERM ABOUT SEX AND STUFF….THERES A CHANCE THEY DO HAVE SEX. SHES NOT EVEN WEARING HER PURITY RING ANYMORE. SO PATHETIC.

Aaliyah

Posted at 4:38 PM on April 5, 2012

Youre probably right. I mean what they do in publi doesnt mean they are going to last forever. I think its a total attention grabber and i dont even like selena that much. She cant even sing live.

Pam

Posted at 4:01 PM on January 26, 2012

I HATE SELENA!!! THAT SHOULD BE ME! I KNOW EVERYTHING ABOUT JUTIN BIEBER

Vanessa

Posted at 3:56 AM on November 22, 2011

More importantly, where’s his mom during all of this. I mean think about it, Justin used to be with his mom in most of the pics that were snapped of him, I thought he was a momma’s boy? Now, its all about Selena? Don’t devote your time to something that is just a summer haze. Move on! Go back to the old Justin we all know and love. Whatever happened in February, that caused ya’ll to start dating, forget about it, pretend that ya’ll weren’t paid to go out with each other. Justin, I thought you said “I’m not saying you’re the one girl, I’m just here to have fun girl.” Not one person can say they’ve been in love at 17. With every kiss, a signal of many pheromones (love hormones) get sent to the brain, you think you’re in love because of every kiss, creating pheramones, reels you in and you’re going to make the biggest regret of your life. Quit teasing yourself, and be honest. Why would you lie about not being in love with each other? Whatever -___-

Sara

Posted at 6:01 PM on October 5, 2011

Someone ate a bitter pill for breakfast. Who are you to say that they probably won’t last? Sure maybe they won’t….but wouldn’t it be a great story if they did? I met the love of my life in ninth grade and we’ve had some rocky points due to our age. We’re now 21 and still in love. Even during breakups/breaks, we never stopped loving each other.

As for the people telling them to “chill”; they’re 17 and 18! If they’re ready to be intimate, why shouldn’t they be? And no, it is NOT illegal for them to have sex. It would be really stupid if a 1 year difference at 17/18 was illegal. A lot of people would have broken the law then, because unless you share the exact same birthday, someone will be older or younger then you. Goodness. Such hate from everyone.

I dislike Justin Bieber, but I think they’re adorable together. People should really simmer down about their relationship.

andrea

Posted at 4:38 PM on August 16, 2011

Nobody knows until it happens! =l

Tafadzwa

Posted at 2:31 AM on December 30, 2011

You are right Andrea because when it happens it happens.
Srry J.B but its true

Maya

Posted at 9:27 AM on July 28, 2011

Jelena should be sustin cuz WHY SHOULD JUSTIN GO FIRST HE STINKS!!!!!

Ellisbelieber

Posted at 11:41 PM on July 25, 2011

They deffinantly are not having sex. 1) justin bieber is a strong strong Christian, and pre-marital sex goes completely against everything he believes in. And 2) it’s illegal. Hes a minor, and she is technically and adult.

TiffanyAnn

Posted at 12:15 AM on August 3, 2011

Well, it’s illegal if they are dating also, so they really don’t care, and even if he was a strong Christian (which my BF happens to be and we have sex), they sleep over and it’s basically stupid to think they haven’t had sex. I’m not saying they have had sex, but it is really likely..

lily

Posted at 1:41 PM on August 5, 2011

ok please get you facts straight, if you are above 16 you can have sex with an 18 or 19 year old. It becomes illegal when you are under 16 and are having sex with someone 18+

nardossosos

Posted at 4:36 PM on July 21, 2011

they need to chill out man
hes losing fans
and she gets hate
no more dry humping on beaches ok

Megan

Posted at 3:22 PM on July 21, 2011

They are just too young!

Awwww

Posted at 4:53 AM on July 3, 2011

Ahhhhh Justin smashin that…….HE A BEAST!!!!!!!….but I dnt think it’s they first time lololololoolol I knew sumthin was goin on in them hotels…..lololololoool I luv JB (they kids would be cute tho) I luv SG they are so cute together

Muffy

Posted at 9:14 AM on July 28, 2011

Um, they ae not cute together, well maybe a tiny bit, but they do need to chill.

Carolina

Posted at 2:19 AM on June 29, 2011

yeah, but that’s what you think. my mom was 18 while dating my dad. they dated for 3 years and got married, and they are still together. and just because 2 people knew each other from when they were little, doesnt mean that they are going to date and last forever. this is just my opinion

mkm

Posted at 7:35 AM on June 28, 2011

No one truley knows about their personal life except them. The gossip sites and mags write what they know will sell. If their so-called sources were that reliable they would be named. They can’t name them because that would give their victims leverage in a possible slander lawsuit. That being said don’t believe everything you read unlesss it is a quote from the sublect themselves and you heard it with your own ears. As far as true love at 17, it is very possible myself and several people I know have experienced and are still together after several years. Just be happy for them, wish them luck and leave them alone.

Alyssa

Posted at 1:33 PM on June 26, 2011

HA!
idoubt it.
me and my ex woul always talk about how we would have babies and what their name would be and we will get married.
Justin & Selena are going to last for a year or so then
slipt. I dont mean to be negative but its true. They should
enjoy the love that are sharing while it last. Maybe she already wants lust. Dont blame her, ITS JUSTIN BIBER!
but i agree, they wont last longer than a year.
My opinion.

Melisa

Posted at 8:08 PM on July 3, 2011

I don’t like them together Selena is only using him for publicity and for more attention. Think about it, she dated Nick Jonas when the Jonas Brothers were very popular then they went down and they broke up. Then Twilight got very very popular and she started dating Taylor Lautner, then it wasnt so big anymore and then they broke up. Now, Justin Bieber is the most popular thing out there and she is dating him. This is not just my opinion its a lot of others too.

alexis bieber

Posted at 5:27 PM on July 5, 2011

exactly…she was nowhere and wasnt makin music until she was all ovr justin and now she has a cd….she clld him illegal and then dates him who does that???..oh yeah the attention grabber named SELENA GOMEZ!…

courtney bieber

Posted at 3:00 PM on July 15, 2011

YEAHH IK! Before she really started dating she was always making stupid comments about how just was her yuonger brother and stuff and SHES SO FAKE AMD CANT SING!! have you ever watched her live..shes down-right HORRIBLE!!!

Jessica

Posted at 3:43 PM on January 24, 2012

OK get ur Selena facts straight. She had 2 CD’s and a TV show before dating him. U r some obsessed fan who think u actually have a chance with Justin. I’m a fan of both. Y can’t ppl like u leave them ALONE!

Kaci

Posted at 10:17 PM on July 14, 2011

Really your still throwing that card, just get over yourself and you dont know what your talking about. They are in love and STOP trying to bring them down. your just a crazed fan of justin bieber and you should just be happy for them.

Jessica

Posted at 3:39 PM on January 24, 2012

Actually Nick broke up with her. She date Taylor but as soon as they broke up he went to Taylor Swift. And she will stay with Justin. She broke up with him twice and they’re still together. The first time is something about Jasmine Villegas and the second is cuz she thought he was too young. Look at where they are now!

Monique

Posted at 12:45 AM on June 25, 2011

HOLY SHIZZ NUGGETS!! Theyre having sex?!?!?! :O I thought Justin was Christian? You’re supposed to save yourself for the one you marry…/: I honestly don’t know what to think. I mean I don’t have a problem with Jelena because I love JB & Sel, but it seems a little sudden… This is really shocking… o.o

Gabby

Posted at 10:08 PM on June 26, 2011

I kno they shouldnt be doin that in that age

Ann

Posted at 9:43 PM on July 6, 2011

I have to agree. We Christians today aren’t behaving according to what we say the Bible says. We shame our Lord in public by doing this and it’s terrible.

Rach

Posted at 10:16 AM on June 24, 2011

Who knows…I certainly don’t think sex is a good idea for them, how can it be a good idea to have sex with someone if you don’t know for sure they’re the right one, and you’re ready to commit to them in marriage?

Ashley

Posted at 12:08 PM on June 24, 2011

because it’s fun! :)

Jasmin

Posted at 4:29 PM on June 23, 2011

THEY ARE HAVING SEX AND SELENA THINKS THAT SHE ISNT GOING 2 GET PREGNANT !!!!!!! I never really though that they was a cute couple but this is crazy …..lil do the know that this relationship isnt gonna work

meiner

Posted at 3:15 PM on June 23, 2011

many misreporting over @selenagomez and @justinbieber by poorly researched backyard-journalism

Huey

Posted at 2:59 PM on June 23, 2011

What @Jill said, this article is probably right only cause of people like you try to tear their relastionship down just leave them alone!!!!

torie

Posted at 1:42 PM on June 23, 2011

what i mean is cross,hehehe

torie

Posted at 1:41 PM on June 23, 2011

We will see how far selena can use justin.I’m sure that this relationship will not going to last.croos your finger @Jill,:) :) peace

Ryder

Posted at 12:54 PM on June 23, 2011

This article right here ^ TRUTH. Thank you. This relationship is not gonna last. They’ll be over before you know it.

Jill

Posted at 12:49 PM on June 23, 2011

How about you just let them be happy and stop disecting the 17 year old’s relationship. So pathetic. They are being normal kids for godsake.

Marla

Posted at 9:25 AM on July 28, 2011

How are they being normail kids if they say theyre having sex AND they make out everywhere. Im serious!!!!