'True Blood' Scoop: Don't Expect Bill & Sookie To Get Back Together Anytime Soon!

Wed, June 22, 2011 4:12pm EST by 6 Comments

Stephen Moyer gave us the straight talk on Bill & Sookie’s relationship in season four — and it’s not looking good.

Sookie Stackhouse (Anna Paquin) called it quits with her pale prince Bill Compton (Stephen Moyer) on last summer’s True Blood finale, and it doesn’t look like they’ll be getting back together anytime soon. Or at all. “I think Bill believes in the whole ‘If you love somebody you have to set them free,’ thing” Stephen told HollywoodLife.com on June 21 at the True Blood season four premiere in Los Angeles.

“He needs to let her be the person she needs to be and not try to be so overbearing,” Stephen added. “He needs to step back!”

And it doesn’t sound like the single life will treat Bill too badly, either.

“Bachelorhood actually turns out all right for Bill,” Stephen told us. “I think he decides to enjoy it.”

Of course, Bill and Sookie’s breakup is great news for fans of a certain Nordic vampire in Bon Temps. If the fourth season of True Blood is anything like Charlaine Harris‘ fourth novel — and we suspect it will be — Sookie will be doing the dirty with Eric Northman (Alexander Skarsgard) this year. Like, a lot. And it’ll be crazy hot.

— Reporting by Russ Weakland

Misty

Posted at 11:34 AM on July 10, 2011

Being a fan of Vampire Bill’s, I am sad that Bill and Sookie will not be getting back together. Their chemistry is amazing. I guess I can be happy that the actors are together in real life! ♥

Lisa

Posted at 9:16 PM on August 19, 2011

OMG I wish that Bill and Sookie would get back together already!! I liked seeing them apart for a little while and believe her romance with Eric was SEXY but there is something about her and Bill together that made me hooked to the show. Their chemistry is AMAZING and they have that first love thing going on, I would be really disappointed if it is really over. In the end I hope they get back together and I hope it happens soon!!!

I

Posted at 9:19 PM on August 19, 2011

Bill and Sookie need to get back together, it’s not the same without it that way.I agree with Lisa – the break was nice but I didn’t expect it to be this long. There are only 4 more episodes of the season and it’s very disappointing that they are not back together yet!

Sylvie

Posted at 4:09 PM on September 10, 2011

The only reason why i still continue to watch is in hopes that Bill and Sookie will get back.

Mads

Posted at 2:23 PM on November 20, 2011

they have so much chemistry(due to off set probably) but they NEED to get back together. having time apart can show a person what they really have..i think they are just getting the majority of the watchers anxious and then they will have him come back and be the lovers they usually were.

i am totally for bill and cookie..ill stop watching if they don’t get back together..i have a feeling a TON of people will too..

Mads

Posted at 2:26 PM on November 20, 2011

Also..they really will lose a lot of TB fans.. just something the producers and such should keep in mind..