'The Voice's' Dia Frampton: I'm Jealous Of Xenia's Voice, It's Amazing!

Wed, June 22, 2011 4:30am EDT by 15 Comments

Dia Frampton gave another completely unique and gorgeous performance with her rendition of ‘Losing My Religion’ tonight, but she says she doesn’t have ‘anything over’ Xenia!

The Voice really brought out everyone’s best performances tonight and Dia Frampton seems like she’s going to be giving frontrunner Javier Colon a run for his money. Dia, who performed her own rendition of “Losing My Religion” by R.E.M, is known for her unique versions of popular songs. But although she was America’s favorite on Team Blake, she says she’s jealous of her competition — Xenia!

“Xenia’s awesome and I’m jealous of her voice. It’s amazing. I feel like if she put out a record tomorrow, I’d buy it,” Dia admitted to HollywoodLife.com.

Dia and Xenia have grown really close to each other throughout the competition. Just last week Xenia told HollywoodLife.com that she views Dia as a “big sister figure” and admitted they love going to Panda Express together!

Dia confirmed they were close friends now and told HollywoodLife.com, “That’s why it’s really hard because I don’t feel like I have anything over her.” She continued, “Tomorrow I’m so hesitant because I’m going to be sad if she leaves, I’m going to be sad if I leave and it’s just hard.”

But despite the competitive aspect of her relationship with Xenia, who was selected by Blake Shelton to pass into the next round last week, Dia says she’d love to collaborate with the 16-year-old artist. “I still feel like no matter what happens, I want to write some songs for her or something you know. She hasn’t written [anything] yet. I was telling her, ‘Get a guitar and learn some chords and you’ll find there’s so much stuff you want to get out there and you’re a natural songwriter’ and if she’s not then we’ll work on stuff to pull that creative energy out. But I’d love to write with her.”

HollywoodLife.com also asked Dia if she’d practiced putting her guitar down to start clapping and she revealed, “I practiced it both ways. I didn’t expect to get such an awesome reaction!” The crowd was already clapping along with Dia but when she started the double clap the audience instantly followed her direction.

Do you think Dia will make it into the next round? Watch The Voice tomorrow for the final results and check back with us for more from backstage and the red carpet!

Email me! | Follow me on Twitter | Become a Facebook fan

ロングパンツ 501

Posted at 8:37 PM on July 26, 2014

I couldn’t resist commenting. Very well written!

Www.Youtube.com

Posted at 12:42 AM on February 23, 2014

Have you ever considered writing an ebook or guest authoring on other websites?
I have a blog centered on the same ideas you discuss and
would love to have you share some stories/information.
I know my viewers would enjoy your work. If
you’re even remotely interested, feel free to send me an e-mail.

santamonica hair salons

Posted at 7:36 AM on June 1, 2013

This is a good tip especially to those new to the blogosphere.
Simple but very accurate info… Appreciate your sharing this one.
A must read post!

Mia

Posted at 8:20 PM on February 4, 2012

Who makes the dress that Xenia wore when she sang “The One Who Can’t Be Moved”? I LOVE that dress and really want to buy it. I’ve looked everywhere and can’t find it or anything like it!

Jana

Posted at 8:47 PM on July 2, 2011

I was thinking the same, Dia really acting like she is shy like Xenia, and i knew that all that was so fake, but she play it so well. That is the reason I dislike her. I think even Blake like better Xenia, he just never said that.Xenia iz not only an amazing talant (even Dia herself admit that she is jealous of Xenia voice) but a great, lovely personality!

Charlie

Posted at 10:14 AM on June 30, 2011

Who makes the dress that Dia is wearing? trying to surprise my GF. Thanks

Teesha

Posted at 5:22 PM on June 24, 2011

Dia bothers me.. Ya know? She’s just one of those people.

fazi

Posted at 4:12 PM on June 24, 2011

i like it

Grumsby

Posted at 1:46 AM on June 23, 2011

I enjoyed Dia’s performance of Heartless so much that it inspired me to create a painting of it. I think it turned out good and have had some good response from people. I would love to send it to her or her family but I don’t have a clue how I would go about that sort of thing. Anyone have any suggestions?
Thanks,
Michael Smith …. aka Grumsby

ivan

Posted at 1:09 AM on June 28, 2011

you could ask her on twitter @DiaFramps

jb

Posted at 8:54 PM on June 22, 2011

Dia Frampton continues to improve. I thought that finally the eye contact with the audience was much better during the song, but that she really needs to look the judges in the eye and acknowledge the crowd better during the applause at the end. After all, this is the entertainment business. Fans want to feel the love and feel like you’re singing just for them. The other singers have amazing voices but Dia and Xenia really have something I would buy. I have never bought a CD from someone who only wanted to show their vocal acrobatic ability; Javier, Beverly and Frenchie. Amazing talent but do you really want to buy their songs and try to sing along? No way, but I’ll sing with Dia any day..

princetian

Posted at 4:45 AM on June 22, 2011

Dia is the best!!! sexy, a little psycho looking but in the most stiking sexy way…i like that….her eyes are piercing and her voice is so smooth and angelic, i love it when she hits the higher notes….ooh man i like her!!!!!

George O'Kreenke

Posted at 6:29 PM on June 22, 2011

Dia, You are not only very Beauty, You have THE VOICE and a big Talent You’ll go far in this Business, do not change Your Personality.

kenny

Posted at 9:46 PM on June 25, 2011

I like Dia very much ,but as I started to check her out oo Google I was bothered to see she has a band and allready had a record deal with a big company but they cut her after a year. I thought these shows were to give new performers a chance and she acts all shy , but she allready performed in front of audiences in the past.Not to take anything away from her,but be real….

xbox22

Posted at 11:25 AM on June 29, 2011

Same for Javier & Beverly.