Blake Shelton On Xenia's Elimination: 'I Am Heartbroken'

Wed, June 22, 2011 9:05pm EDT by 21 Comments

Blake Shelton tells HollywoodLife.com that he knows he’s going to hear Xenia’s voice on the radio and says he will continue to help her in any way he can!

Xenia was one of the four contestants eliminated on tonight’s episode of The Voice. America’s votes were counted along with Blake Shelton‘s votes and Dia Frampton snagged one of the top four spots, leading her into next week’s finale. “I am heartbroken about Xenia but like I said last night, I know I’m going to hear her voice on the radio,” Blake said, in a statement released to HollywoodLife.com.

“She undeniably has a great voice. Her time on the show may be over but I will continue to work with her and help her in any way I can in the future. I absolutely love her.”

The coaches each received 100 points and were able to distribute the points as they wished amongst their two final candidates. America was given 100 points as well, and the two were added together. Blake voted 50/50, but America’s vote brought the final count to Dia: 106 and Xenia: 94.

Team Blake was a tough decision to call, and it was the smallest gap in votes. Many of The Voice contestants we spoke to last night struggled when we asked them whether they thought Dia or Xenia would continue on to the next round. Blake put it best today when he tweeted that there’s no way for him to lose or win tonight. It’s so sweet how torn he was!

Last night we asked Blake if had planned how he would vote. He said, “I knew what I was going to coming into this thing and I think it was the right thing because man those two girls are so special. It crept up on me. When I watch how this show has progressed and watch how Dia and Xenia both went from people probably didn’t even notice them to once they got a chance to do their thing it was just an explosion.”

Blake continued, “Now that’s all I hear about when I talk about the show with somebody. It used to be Javier, Javier, Javier, Javier. That’s all you heard about! And rightfully so, the guy is absolutely amazing. Now when I read articles it’s like who is this Dia Frampton, here’s why we think Blake picked Xenia. There’s a buzz about these two girls. It’s because they’re artists, they’re not just vocalists. They have unique tones. If you shut your eyes and listen them, there’s no way to mistake who you are hearing.”

Xenia gave her close friend Dia and Blake a hug before walking off stage, leaving teary-eyed winner Dia with coach Blake who called Xenia a “superstar”. The others eliminated were Casey Weston, Nakia, and Frenchie. Vicci Martinez, Javier Colon, Beverly and Dia are moving on to the finals.

What do you think of the final four? Are you happy with the results?

Lorena O’Neil

Love ‘The Voice’? Follow Lorena on Twitter

More from ‘The Voice':

1. Dia Frampton: I’m jealous of Xenia’s voice!
  2. Javier Colon: I had to fight hard to sing ‘Angel’
  3. Dia Frampton reveals she’s never heard Kris Allen’s ‘Heartless’ cover

yahoobooters booters downloads yahoo chat exploits download games software game tweak antivirus proxy servers

Posted at 11:31 PM on June 5, 2012

Awesome issues here. I’m very glad to peer your article. Thank you so much and I am looking forward to touch you. Will you please drop me a e-mail?

Nick

Posted at 10:33 AM on September 18, 2011

Just finish watching The Voice and I am very sad that Xenia missed out only by the peoples votes.
She has a awesome voice that i have heard before and for some people it can be very hypnotizing. I know she will make it big and so she should as it was her age, nerves and a little shyness that held her back.
Once she conquers that, well the world will truly be her oyster.

Good Luck Xenia for the future and it was a pleasure hearing you sing.

Nick from New Zealand.

Good

Michael

Posted at 8:32 AM on June 24, 2011

Frenchie is an amazing singer, and could have easily beaten Bevery had Xtina chosen better songs for Frenchie. It seems the songs chosen for Beverly were picked because they suit her vocals – however so such consideration seemed to be given for Frenchie.
Javier is very dull – vocally perfect, but there are so many other that sound like him that have more stage presence.
Dia stands more of a chance to win over Xenia. Xenia’s range is limited, but can easily be worked on with training. Dia however brings a unique sound, and an ability to arrange music – my pick for who should win.

Missy

Posted at 10:47 PM on June 23, 2011

Xenia has the “Voice” that touches your soul. While the 4 finalists are all talented singers, she is the true artist with a tone that no one can duplicate. God Bless Blake for seeing her potential! Hopefully, a label will sign her.

Lishe

Posted at 4:53 PM on June 23, 2011

Xenia may have the most original tone, but you have to be able to HOLD A KEY in order to be called a singer. Yes, she was improving, but she was consistently OUT OF TUNE during her performances. She did not deserve to be in the final. Dia is far better, and more creative. She has a uniqueness all her own as well. Javier is the best singer, but definitely not original. I think Dia is the dark horse.

Sarah

Posted at 11:54 AM on June 23, 2011

I didnt like Xenia AS much as some of the other contestants! I like her voice cuz i like unique different voices, but i also like when i see them on stage and they get me up and dancing, and Xenia didnt do that for me!!! I like Dia alot!!!!

Becky

Posted at 11:36 AM on June 23, 2011

What Adam Levine did was terrible and ruins the whole premise of “The Voice”. I thought what made “The Voice” different was that the coaches would try to help all the singers. Adam Levine went out of his way to sabotage Casey Weston, he did not let her sing the song the way she wanted (which she sounded better singing her way), he gave her faint praise, and he pushed Javier to the public voting by saying he was the best singer ever, then “Levine handicapped the numbers and gave Casey a very sad 35 and Javier a 65” and he even admitted he was rigging the show so that Javier Colon could win. If The Voice wants any credibility going forward they have to get rid of Adam Levine as a judge.

Also there is too many fishy things going on at “The Voice”: the whole voting thing looks very murky, and how much of “The Voice” is lip synching? It is obvious by all the commercials featuring Javier Colon they want him to win.
I like Javier Colon as a singer, but the way “The Voice” is pushing him will lead many people not to like him. If the show is rigged like Adam Levine alluded to, people will be put off by the show and Javier Colon. It is a shame because I thought Javier Colon could win the show on his own merits without any funny business.
“The Voice” is losing a lot of credibility and that is why the ratings are dropping.

kaz

Posted at 1:40 PM on June 23, 2011

Adam did the right thing. You need to pick who you think is better. These judges are professionals who been there and battled. They know what it takes. By giving equal points they are’nt giving the’re team members any justice! I think Blake realizes this now by the look on his face!!! Xenia could have stole it from Javier! His voice is incredible but too common!

tnsmoke

Posted at 7:32 PM on June 23, 2011

Adam did the right thing but he spent so much time explaining to Casey why he voted that way that I thought it was kind of inconsiderate of Javier’s feelings, making it sound like he was “forced” into giving Casey a lower score. If he truly believed in Casey he should of gave her a higher number. Blake’s 50/50 was fair as Dia and Xenia are both equally talented. Casey is not as talented as Javier, who for some reason is getting way too much negative feedback for dumb reasons. He or Dia will win. Adam was terrible telling Jeff Jenkins he was going to pick him then picking Casey, with no big explanation, like he gave Casey last night.

Francis

Posted at 9:38 AM on June 23, 2011

If the show is about the voice, Xenia is the Voice. She needs more time to be confident on stage and put it out her potential. Nonetheless, her voice itselt attracts so many people like a siren. It is irresistable.

Lola

Posted at 4:10 PM on June 24, 2011

I absolutely agree! She reminds me of Billie Holiday in that she might not have the broadest range, but she has a distinct sound with true emotions.

Lily

Posted at 9:27 AM on June 23, 2011

The final four are all deserving seasoned professionals. I will say that I enjoy Beverly most as “the performer.” Dia is a very creative and talented artist and her hard work is rightly paying off now. Go Dia! Having said that, this program is called “The Voice” and for me, Xenia has “the voice.” Of all the contestants, it would be her album that I’d purchase and listen to over and over again. She’s so young with so little experience and I know that she’ll have the support to grow as an artist and performer.

JSS

Posted at 10:29 PM on June 22, 2011

I agree with others here that the premise of THE VOICE is best exemplified by Xenia’s extraordinary voice and insightful interpretations. I have enjoyed the show and the competition but Xenia is the one whose CDs I’ll buy.

No one can take it away from Dia though. She is lovely and talented, but it is Xenia’s voice that has the quality to turn a song into a meaningful experience.

hoohop

Posted at 9:54 PM on June 22, 2011

★good★

look love— w w w – good shop ping 100 – c o m

believe you will love it.

love good go.

Xenia Fan

Posted at 9:36 PM on June 22, 2011

Xenia lost because of stage presence, but the premise of the show was “VOICE”, not stage presence. Xenia had what the show was looking for if they were setting them self apart from just being another American Idol. She has to most unique VOICE. Working a stage can be learned, having a unique sound cannot. The final four are good, but those voices are common. I think The Voice started out wanting to be different, but it’s just American Idol with different wrapping.

revela

Posted at 9:32 PM on June 22, 2011

Xenia has no presence on screen. Her performance was a big yawn. Her voice is lovely but extremely limited. People like Norah Jones and Sade, they have range in their voice. Dia is great but I think Vicci will win it. Good show.

Sasha

Posted at 9:12 PM on June 22, 2011

Xenia is the best even though she didnt make it to the finals on that rigged show THE VOICE shes NUMBER 1 TOO ME AND SHE WILL GO FAR, CANT WAIT FOR THAT RNB/JAZZ/POP ALBUM, THIS GIRL IS SO VERSATIAL ITS SICK!!!

sasha

Posted at 9:29 PM on June 22, 2011

i completely agree with the statement above :) isn’t it funny we have the same name

S

Posted at 2:00 AM on June 23, 2011

Versatile? Really? She has a nice tone, but come on… her high notes were so, so awful. Dia is so much better.

K

Posted at 8:40 AM on June 23, 2011

Agree completely with “S”

Lizzie

Posted at 9:24 AM on June 23, 2011

I didn’t care for Xenia at all. I’m sure Blake “saw” more in her abilities because he spent so much time with her and became close friends. I just never saw (or heard) it. And how did Beverly win over Frenchie? People didn’t like Jared because he was “just another rocker”, but Beverly is the same. She can only do rock songs & can’t sing if she’s not yelling “whooo whooo” and flashing her hand signs. Make her tone it down and sing a ballad or a slow blues song and tell me she’s better than Frenchie!