Ezra Fitz Says Goodbye On Tonight's 'Pretty Little Liars!' Should He & Aria Call It Quits?

Tue, June 21, 2011 1:12pm EST by 12 Comments

Do you think Aria belongs with someone her own age? Watch a preview clip of tonight’s episode & vote!

The staff at Rosewood High is about to become a lot less dreamy. Yes, Mr. Fitz (Ian Harding) bids his students farewell on the June 21 episode of Pretty Little Liars, with an emotionally charged speech secretly targeted at Aria (Lucy Hale) — you know, the student he’s been banging for the past year. Ezra’s words may be sweet, but I can’t help but wonder if his relationship with Aria is more trouble than it’s worth.

“I didn’t expect to connect with you the way that I have,” he tells the class. “I’m not going to forget you. I will remember your voices, your questions [and] your faces. I cherish the time I’ve spent here, and I’m more grateful than I even know how to say. … There’s a quote by Joseph Campbell that goes: ‘You must give up a life you’d planned in order to have the life that’s waiting for you.’ I thought I knew what that meant, but I didn’t… until I met you.”

Before you freak out at me, though, know this: I’m 100 percent behind Aria and Ezra’s relationship, barring all outside forces. The whole “it’s illegal” thing aside, Ezria will continue to suffer as long as “A” continues to have a cell phone plan with unlimited texting.

Vampire Diaries fans will recall Elena’s difficult decision to break up with Stefan in order to keep her family safe from Katherine last season, and I’m seeing some pretty strong — though less supernatural — similarities in Ezria Land.

Watch the clip from tonight’s Pretty Little Liars below, then tell us how you feel about Aria and Ezra in the comments section below!

Click here to follow Andy on Twitter for more ‘Pretty Little Liars’ coverage

Teresa

Posted at 8:35 AM on December 18, 2013

I’m all for Ezria. I think there’s a lot of drama in their relationship because their relationship is illegal. However, they’re so cute and I love how they sneak around. I think Jason and Aria have a lot of chemistry too- and it would be fun to watch them having a short tryst. It might just spice the relationship between Aria & Ezra a little more with the “love triangle”. BUT HOPEFULLY Ezra & Aria will end up together in the end because they’re perfect together<3

Marissa

Posted at 11:12 PM on December 31, 2012

So depressed

Megan

Posted at 1:47 AM on December 24, 2012

They REALLY should break up. They are boring and gross. Aria belongs to be with someone like Jason they have so much chemistry: They are perfect together.

Lindsay

Posted at 7:22 AM on August 3, 2011

i think that they shouldnt break up, i mean if they do thats basically going to a) drop the ratings, b)give you lots of angry viewers, and c)ruin the show, they are the best couple in the show and the cutest i think the relationship should grow ,i would expect to see atleast one episode of like a love triangle between ezra,aria and jason, but obviously ezra would win aria and they will stay together!

denise

Posted at 12:14 PM on June 23, 2011

Definitely DO NOT think Ezria should break up! I want to watch theyre relationship grow and see them last. If the writers broke them up I think there would be a lot of angry viewers! I know I would stop watching!!

PLLover

Posted at 1:12 AM on June 23, 2011

ok, Ezria isn’t going anywhere. But, there will be a love triangle between Aria/ Ezra/ and Jason. Jason and Ezra are TOTAL opposites so i’m excited to see where that goes. Ezria better not break up. They are my all time favorite TV couple.

kay

Posted at 9:10 PM on June 21, 2011

Does anyone know what song is playing at the end of that scene? When Aria is looking for Ezra to catch him before he leaves?

claudia

Posted at 7:22 PM on June 22, 2011

Adam Agin – Please Don’t Leave Quite Yet

lelani

Posted at 6:51 PM on June 21, 2011

Noooo. If they break up I believe that the rating of this show would go down in a heart beat. Almost 89% of the reviewers loves them together. Yes they can be boring but its just something about the teacher student relationship is what makes it fun to watch. So I say it again DON’T EER BREAK THEM UP.

Amanda

Posted at 6:37 PM on June 21, 2011

:'( NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Ashley

Posted at 2:32 PM on June 21, 2011

Honestly, i am so bores of the aria and ezra relationship. They never really get anywhere and theres always the issue of his ex fiance and their age. Bleh, to me their whole relationship is extremely boring, they should just end it and aria can find herself a hottie thats her age (personally i don’t find ezra attractive).

HL

Posted at 2:37 PM on June 21, 2011

Haha wow, I don’t think I’ve ever heard a girl say they don’t find Ezra attractive.

But yeah, I’m just wondering if their relationship is worth the struggle. I guess “A” is going to mess with Aria no matter who she dates, but it’s just so much work!