Miley Cyrus Takes A Swipe At Justin Bieber's Career: 'You've Got An Easy Job!'

Tue, June 21, 2011 9:53am EDT by 45 Comments
Loading video...

Miley also revealed she doesn’t take time to memorize her lines and even made fun of Justin’s voice — is she kidding?!

Miley Cyrus is going to tell it like it is whether you like it or not! The 18-year-old pop star appeared on Australia’s online TV show The Dirt and held nothing back when asked to reminisce about her March 6 SNL impersonation of Justin Bieber. When asked if it was hard to portray the 17-year-old she laughed and responded:

“I had so much fun doing that (SNL). Justin Bieber was so much fun and when I was rehearsing I was like … ‘I’m kinda nervous,’ I didn’t think I was good at it and then I got the wig on and put the clothes on and I was like ‘being Justin Bieber is easy! You’ve got an easy job, it’s easy to look cute with the little hair and the baggy pants.”

But when asked if Justin would do a good job playing her — the former Disney star made sure to say it would be much harder for him.

“I don’t think he could do it,” she quipped. “He’d have to work on getting his voice deep enough. It’s easy for me to get my voice higher.” Ouch! We know Miley is like a big sister to Justin but this sarcasm is a little much don’t you think?

Miley went on to reveal that her boyfriend Liam Hemsworth is amazed that she doesn’t take the time to practice or memorize her lines before going on set.

“He’s like you never read your script and never read your lines,” Miley says. “I’m like ‘I know, I can’t do that. I can’t sit there’ and people always are different, study study and ‘I’m like I learn it on the day.’ Otherwise I over think it otherwise. I don’t think people realize how much we’ll be doing a scene and they’ll completely change it and you’ll have to learn it within five minutes.”

Clearly Miley just does what she wants … bondage outfits and all. Do you think Miley needs to take her work more seriously?

Check out Miley’s Justin Bieber impersonation on ‘SNL’

Loading video...

Get More From Our BFFs at Glamour.com

1. How to Find the Best Shorts for Your Legs
  2. 21 Pretty Nail Polish Ideas to Try This Summer
  3. 53 Swimsuits That’ll Make You Look 10 Pounds Thinner
  4. 6 Things Not to Worry About On a First Date

talitha

Posted at 9:03 AM on June 24, 2011

i think its just plain lies besides everybody knows that justin bieber is a better rolemodel than miley is. she is a drop out thats what she is. i hate miley she is not a teenager she’s an animal.

Julie

Posted at 10:35 PM on June 23, 2011

I’m not infavor of Miley all the way but enough to respect her as a entertainer besides the bad parts….anyway i don’t think shes jealous i think she means that he has it easy because (hope i dont affend anyone) all he does is sing and attrack his girl fans by flipping his hair and look cute. He’s the icon of not real, strong, deep talent but attrating teenage girls that scream and well really like to scream. I would be smart to say miley isnt that diff but she really had to work hard for Hannah Montanah and that stuff.. The casting director could have choose someone else which probably would have happened and someone would have been Hannah Montanah. But by fate shes here and to stay. So shes not jealous she just thinks he has it easy with his hair

talitha

Posted at 9:10 AM on June 24, 2011

justin bieber knows he is better than miley you just standing up for miley just because she is a girl and we’re girls .everybody knows she’s a drop out

justice$

Posted at 8:47 PM on June 24, 2011

um excuse me but miley cyrus voice is to soft and i dont like justin bieber beacause of his hair for crying out loud HE CUT HIS HAIR!!i like him for the talent he has. SO what is it so say about him he works hard and how can he flip whats not long enough and julie i hope u reply back cause this is stupid every body s talking about him why not anybody else justin is my hero and miley is a old news….she stop making shows and concerts now its justins time to shine!! get over old news people!

Chris

Posted at 2:56 PM on June 22, 2011

Any idiot could see that CHLOE MELAS is deliberately distorting what Miley said. All you have to do is listen to the actual interview to see that much. So why do Bonnie and her perpetually dishonest crew continue to distort and outright lie about every story they cover? It’s simple. When they write something true and nice about Miley, one or two people comment about how it’s so nice they have finally told the truth for once. But when they tell outright lies about her that any fool could see through, they get a thousand irate people responding. It increase the number of hits the story gets and it increases Bonnie’s advertising income. It’s all about the Benjamins for Bonnie Fuller and the truth be damned.

alice

Posted at 11:36 AM on June 25, 2011

i so agree with you, so i dont understand why we keep coming back??? why give bonnie the satisfaction….

Brittany

Posted at 2:49 PM on June 22, 2011

wow this website knows like nothing.

dsfger

Posted at 9:47 AM on June 22, 2011

“Mocha & Milk” is a perfect matc h like “black & white” people

—- Black’ White ‘Fli rt ” C óM —-

The most s uccessful interra cial da t ing c lub. If you are still waiting for your sweet “milk” or “mocha”, don’t hesitate to check it !! Don’t let your babie s wait too lon g for you !!

love

Posted at 8:11 AM on June 22, 2011

gosh, it was all a joke . besides, jb’s crew loved it . media these days trying to twist the celebrities words & make them look so bad , well fck off .

jennifer emmanuel

Posted at 7:23 AM on June 22, 2011

I think mileycyrus didnt mean anything she said shes a very sweet girl i believe she luvs justin as a brother

NA

Posted at 7:16 AM on June 22, 2011

BRAVO MILEY =))
YOU SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO GOOD..
BIEBER’S GOING DOWN BABY LOL!!!
JUSTIN VOICE’S HORRIBLE =))

talitha

Posted at 9:13 AM on June 24, 2011

you are soooooooooooooo stupid .

chloe hammond

Posted at 7:16 AM on June 22, 2011

omg sophie ward is amaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaazing:) daw

emma

Posted at 5:59 AM on June 22, 2011

miley the best forever

..........................

Posted at 3:48 AM on June 22, 2011

why you guys dont understand miley say that 4 fun.
and she love him like her brother.shut your mouth all.
miley and justin friends forever and justin watch this vedio and he isnt mad of her he is laughing and saw it like a funny vedio….miley the best ever..

zhenuun

Posted at 11:48 PM on June 21, 2011

★good★

look love— [[ w w w - ( good shop ping 100 ) - c o m ]]

believe you will love it.

love good go.
█田█田█∴★∵**☆.∴★∵**☆.
█田█田█.★∵**☆.∴★∵**☆.
█████.*******************
◢██□██◣.~~~~~*^_^*

jason

Posted at 12:59 AM on June 22, 2011

Chinese child prison labor = great prices. Buy before they die!

Lucy

Posted at 8:38 PM on June 21, 2011

I used to hate miley, I LOVE YOU XD. Bieber didn’t expect it, besides its true, she just said he sucks, in a dif way ;)

----

Posted at 7:36 PM on June 21, 2011

Lesley Gore is the Miley Cyrus of the 1960’s! She was also a teen when she started singing. Her hits include It’s My Party, Judy’s Turn To Cry, You Don’t Own Me, and Sunshine, Lollipops, and Rainbows. — I have listened to all her songs.

marian

Posted at 5:32 PM on June 21, 2011

justin voice is so much lower than mileys

Selena+Justin=love

Posted at 3:20 PM on June 21, 2011

Calm down everyone she’s like his big sister
don’t you and your sisters or brothers ever mess with each other she is only saying it 4 fun

torie

Posted at 3:16 PM on June 21, 2011

Hey Bonnie,shut your mouth and stop making miley really bad,or else,nobody will going to go to your websites because all of your comments to miley are not good and everything is twisted.you a liar bonnie,grow up and get a better job,:) :)

rachel

Posted at 2:58 PM on June 21, 2011

No wonder she’s such a terrible actress.
She doesn’t even prepare for her scenes.

marian

Posted at 2:54 PM on June 21, 2011

y is she hating on justin i thought they were friends. and about the voice thing justin’s a better singer anyway. also i not even famous and i know that its evry had to be justin or any yother person for that matter in this socity

The Boy

Posted at 1:57 PM on June 21, 2011

Hey She had the wrong guy because it’s was me it’s form March 5, 2011 3 years ago on that day I didn’t watch that footage. it’s made it upset to The Miley Fan’s I’m sorry i’m hoping in yall’s heart if you could forgive me. it was supposed to be Justin Bieber it turns out it was the wrong man it’s was me Miley Fans I’m sorry but There’s notthing I can do I thought I knew her but i really hate her guts Miley I’m going to kick your butt if u don’t aopolzgie to me she made of fun of me 2 in a row.

a-h-l-a-m

Posted at 1:32 PM on June 21, 2011

miley and justin bff friends forever..like brother and sister and justin not mad of her because she make this vedio

Mina

Posted at 1:01 PM on June 21, 2011

One of her front teeth overlaps the other. She really ought to go see a dentist.

Emily

Posted at 11:34 AM on June 21, 2011

The people at HL are SO STUPID. Are you serious? You think she was actually saying that its easy to be him?! How stupid are you?! She was saying it was easy to play him. And she can do whatever she wants with her work because in the end, she is STILL making her money, a lot more than you’ll probably EVER make. So how do you think you have a say in how she should do HER job?! Please”Chloe Melas”, enlighten me! … And a note to Bonnie, you should probably take a step back to realize that a LARGE percentage of the people that come to your site are FANS of Miley so you might want to stop hating on her or else all you’re going to get back is hate. And stop writing articles where you try to suggest that she becomes more like Selena Gomez! SELENA GOMEZ IS A BORE. I’m not trying to be mean but she is. At least Miley has some edge. Miley is more like a real teenager. A LOT of teenagers do whatever they want. And Miley falls into that category. Especially considering the fact that she comes from a big family where it is sometimes easier to do what you want because the focus isn’t always on you. Even when your famous your family doesn’t drop everything and revolve their whole self around you, they have four other kids.

Honesty

Posted at 10:31 AM on June 21, 2011

This story is so manipulated it’s insane. Watch the footage they are talking about then judge for yourself because what is written is skewed beyond belief. This is the last time I’ll read this website cause they always change stories and are ALWAYS talking badly about Miley

mileyrocks

Posted at 10:58 AM on June 21, 2011

I agree with @honesty’s comment. All of your stories about Miley are so twisted. You just lost another reader of your website. you people are bullies.

eee

Posted at 12:32 PM on June 21, 2011

So true. Couldn’t have said it better myself. Justin and Miley love eachother, are great friends, and are both equally talented.

Kate

Posted at 10:23 AM on June 21, 2011

How was she saying he had an easy job? She said it was easy for her to PLAY him. Stop reaching just to fulfill your vendetta, it’s gross and basically bullying.