Detroit Mother Resumes Her Hate Campaign Against Dying Eight-Year-Old Neighbor!

Tue, June 21, 2011 12:54pm EST by 11 Comments

Six months after Jennifer Petkov’s astonishing harassment of terminally-ill Kathleen Edward made headlines around the globe, the woman — dubbed ‘the Devil of Detroit St.’ is back!

The twisted 33-year-old has posted a string of Facebook messages, inviting friends to a street party when Kathleen Edward loses her battle with Huntingdon’s Disease.

Jennifer Petkov‘s abuse of her Trenton, Michigan neighbors first came to light in October 2010. When the media picked up the story, Jennifer and her husband Scott became the most hated couple in America, as the appalled public struggled to comprehend how a grown woman could abuse a dying child.

Her hate campaign included harassing Kathleen and her parents in the street and posting pictures of the girl on Facebook alongside a skull & crossbones!

When the police got involved, Jennifer ended up losing custody of her children and was forced to move house.

But that obviously wasn’t enough of a deterrent — because she’s back!

In a fresh wave of abuse, Kathleen’s aunt has been insulted in the street and the family has been sent more hateful messages.

One post on Facebook reads, “Detroit St. Party, When that kid dies, cause boys and girls it’s to happen.”

Another says, “Dead and gone, only a few more hours till party time, I’m going to visit a grave and take a p***.”

The police have got involved, but Kathleen’s traumatized family are currently too upset to file witness statements.

What makes this astonishing story more bizarre, is that the whole feud started when Kathleen’s grandmother failed to respond to a text message Jennifer sent, asking if her children could attend a birthday party!

When the original story broke, psychotherapist Dr. Gilda Carle told HollyBaby.com she was baffled by Jennifer’s behavior: “I was aghast when I heard about this. There’s no doubt that Jennifer is mentally deranged,” Dr. Carle said. “What kind of woman would go after a helpless child who is clinging to life. If anything, a mother would have gone out of her way to help create a positive and supportive environment for that child in her last days.”

We agree! What do you think, HollyMoms?

– Ian Garland

More on HollyBaby:

1. The Detroit Mother Who Harassed A Dying Girl Has Lost Custody Of Her Kids. Is That Fair?
  2. Yikes! New Study Shows Cyber Bullying Is Parents’ Biggest Fear For Their Kids
  3. Don’t Let Your Child Get Picked On And Teased. Here’s How To Protect Your Kid From Online Bullying

Dionne

Posted at 10:58 AM on January 31, 2012

Thank the Lord the ex now has custody of Petkov’s kids. Hopefully he’s a fully functional and sane person. This is one of the saddest things I’ve ever heard. I can’t imagine what Petkov must have been saying to herself when she was posting and lashing out to make this okay in her head??? A kid?? It’s beyond appaling. So sorry for this grieving family. To loose a wife and daughter so young is horrible. To loose them plus having your sorrow partied on is a fate almost worse than the death itself. I could never look myself in the mirror after creating such a horrible deed.

Kita

Posted at 6:56 AM on June 23, 2011

Let’s take a lesson from this: just because your neighbour doesn’t invite your kids to their kid’s birthday does not mean you can go psycho on the child. And let’s be honest, the only reason this is news is because it’s a dying child as opposed to a perfectly healthy one. These people exist, and in reaching out to them, I say: chill out. I know it’s stressful being a mom (especially since this one lost her kids and probably blames it on the sick girl), but that is NEVER an excuse to hurt other people emotionally or physically. Period.

Lydia

Posted at 2:04 PM on June 22, 2011

I’m surprised the parents of this sweet child didn’t open a can of whoopass and beat the ever living crap outta this piss poor excuse ( I can’t call her a mother….well I could but another 6 letter word would follow)

blaize

Posted at 12:44 PM on June 22, 2011

Normally I’m against violence, but I wouldn’t feel sorry for this woman if she was publicly beaten half to death. She is scum. Seeing adults treat children badly really pisses me off.

Megan Morris Cook

Posted at 4:12 PM on June 21, 2011

I have never read a story and been more appalled. What right does this woman think she has and why isn’t she in a nut house because anyone that threatens and harasses a dying child and her family should be locked up sterilized of having any children again and never see her own or the light of day again. What a sick sick woman

Carrie in Seattle

Posted at 4:05 PM on June 21, 2011

I’m beyond words how a mother would lack compassion toward another mother’s child. Even without compassion, the fact this woman lost her own children because of this and she continues to harrass this family demonstrates the fact this woman has deep mental health issues and needs treatment.

Katie

Posted at 3:13 PM on June 21, 2011

If this isn’t bullying then I don’t know what is. This poor child is just trying to live her life out while she still has time & it takes an evil idiot to show hate in this world. All I’m gonna says is karma’s a b**** & when it comes back to those who cause harms, it’ll be too late to repent for your actions.

Mina

Posted at 2:48 PM on June 21, 2011

I’m appalled. That woman needs mental help immediately. She’s insane. How could she do such an evil thing? What kind of evil people was she raised by?

Daisy

Posted at 1:47 PM on June 21, 2011

All this stress is very bad for the poor little gal. It will send her to an early grave. Hencefourth murder. Is the D.A. there ballsy enough to try that charge in court? Do they have the death penalty there? Lets hope so and get the psycho off the streets or just have her declared totally insane and have her locked up in a straight jacket for the rest of her life. What is she the spawn of Osama?

Annie

Posted at 1:43 PM on June 21, 2011

All I can do is shake my head in disgust. She needs to be arrested! SICK!

Beth

Posted at 1:01 PM on June 21, 2011

This woman is the most vile excuse for a human i have ever heard of! How anyone can do this is beyond me! Poor little Kath needs love, support and enjoyment in her short life, not this sickening bullying. Lock this woman up now!