'Teen Mom' Star Gary Shirley Is 'Pro-Amber' After Her Scary Suicide Attempt

Mon, June 20, 2011 10:02am EST by 6 Comments

Amber Portwood’s baby daddy admits his ‘childish and immature’ actions and comments over the years were wrong and he’ll fully support the mother of his child during her recovery.

After Teen Mom Amber Portwood‘s scary suicide attempt last Tuesday, June 14, her on-again-off-again beau and baby daddy Gary Shirley is committed to making sure she has a full and healthy recovery. The MTV star took to his Facebook to speak out in support of Amber, 21, and reassure everyone that he’s always in her corner — no matter what.

“I have made threatening comments before yes…but the last time was a year ago,” Gary, 24, writes on his Facebook wall. “I have grown since and I really realized how much it hurts a mother and I’m deeply sorry for that.”

“I re-watch this stuff it kills me to see things I say or do and how childish-immature I look. I’m very pro-Amber,” Gary says of his baby mama.

A source tells RadarOnline.com that Gary is “trying to keep his mind off stuff with Amber by filling his time with friends” since she was released from the hospital on Friday, June 17, after undergoing a 72 hour “psychiatric evaluation” at St. John’s hospital following her suicide attempt.

Amber is currently recovering at home in Anderson, Ind.

–Leigh Blickley

More on ‘Teen Mom’ Amber:

1. Exclusive Interview With Amber’s Step-Grandma: I Don’t Approve Of Her Lifestyle!
  2. Experts Say Amber Needs Intensive Care
  3. Amber Released From Hospital After Suicide Attempt

Mina

Posted at 5:56 PM on June 20, 2011

This is exactly why teenagers should not become parents. These two need to clean up their acts and get it together. And MTV needs to quit paying these two. It’s ridiculous. That poor little baby girl is the true victim of all this. There are all these other little kids out there with loving parents who are mentally healthy and can provide a stable home and good family. This kid doesn’t even have a chance.

Britt

Posted at 6:21 PM on June 20, 2011

Whoa. I was a teenage mom. I’m now 20 with a BA from taking accelerated classes and summer school. I own a small home and my son has everything he needs.. not all teenage parents are suicidal screwups.

toofunny

Posted at 4:05 PM on June 20, 2011

to bad she failed, leah is better off without her.

Ugh >:(!

Posted at 4:10 PM on June 20, 2011

what a TERRIBLE thing to say!

Liz

Posted at 6:19 PM on June 20, 2011

Really, you’re a jerk!

sabrina

Posted at 2:11 PM on July 25, 2011

well your wrong there she need’s to be with her mother and if u where like that i know u would not wan to lose your kid and i think that is wrong thing to say