Selena co-hosted the MuchMusic Video Awards in Canada June 19 with a whole new ‘do!
Selena Gomez has been sporting sleek, straight extensions lately, so this super curly look is a big change for the star. Celebrity stylist, Chris Brescia, from the Pierre Michel Salon in NYC tells YOU how to get the look!
Selena had to change up her look sooner or later, but this is quite a change! Her stick-straight locks seemed to have made a permanent home on her head, but apparently it was time to shake things up. The look is very youthful and fun — perfect for the awards show!
Chris gives YOU a five-step how-to:
- Blow dry hair smooth using a anti-frizz product like the Kerastase Oleo-Relax on curly to wavy hair or a volumizing moose like Angela Cosmai’s Gel Mousse for fine hair.
- After the hair is dry pick your best side and part your hair using a zig-zag part.
- Then using a 1-inch curling iron curl the hair away from your face starting about 1/4 of the length off the root as to not create lift.
- After the hair is curled spray it with a light hold hairspray like Angela Cosmai Aero-Tec Hairspray.
- Lastly, lightly pull the curls apart and you’re ready rock!!
I was loving Selena’s straight strands, but I might just be a curl convert after seeing this hairstyle.
Read More About Selena’s Hairstyles!
- Selena Gomez, Taylor Momsen & More: Celebrity Extensions — Pretty Versus Pretty Scary!
- Blake Lively, Selena Gomez & More Keep Their Hair Out Of Their Eyes With This Cute ‘Do — See How!
- Selena Gomez, Ke$ha, And More Love The Hair Feather Trend — Get The Look With Cruelty-Free Feathers!