Kate Gosselin Runs Errands In Short Shorts On Father’s Day: Are They Appropriate For A Mom Of 8?

Mon, June 20, 2011 2:23pm EDT by 18 Comments

The 36-year-old reality mom was solo Father’s Day weekend when she ran errands in seriously short shorts & red sandals that definitely aren’t appropriate for the playground. I think it’s time Kate covers up and ditches the sexy get-ups, especially during the day!

Kate Gosselin spent Father’s Day weekend running errands in Reading, PA, while her children spent time with their father, Jon — but she still managed to steal the spotlight when she stepped out in a pair of Daisy Dukes! Sure, Kate’s legs are tanned and toned, but in itty bitty denim I thought she looked like she was trying too hard. The shorts look like they came from the junior’s department!

There’s nothing wrong with being a hot momma and showing off your legs, but there’s a tasteful way to do it. Going to Staples and FedEx in this teeny tiny get-up and red sandals was a bit intense, especially for during the day on a Sunday.

Not only was the outfit overly sexy, but it also doesn’t seem practical for a multi-tasking mom. It’s one thing if you want to get glam for a dinner date or a girl’s night out, but there’s nothing casual or comfortable about this look. To me, this just goes to show that Kate loves the attention and being in the spotlight, and does whatever she can to continue soaking it up.

Do you agree or do you think I’m being to hard on the reality star?

Katrina Mitzeliotis

Get More From Our BFFs at Glamour.com

1. 53 Swimsuits That’ll Make You Look 10 Pounds Thinner
  2. Going to a Wedding: The Broke Guest’s Guide to Surviving Wedding Season
  3. Summer Beauty Mistakes and How to Avoid Them
  4. 27 Gorgeous (and Sparkly!) Bridal Shoes

mary

Posted at 12:53 AM on August 13, 2011

i dont mind the shorts, i dont mind the shoes, but i DO mind the shorts and shoes worn together!!! not a good look in my opinion. those shorts need a cute wedge or sandals or flip flops.

Santa

Posted at 12:01 AM on August 11, 2011

Doesn’t look any worse than that white fishnet skin tight dress you wore to the reopening of the red egg.

lulu

Posted at 11:47 PM on July 22, 2011

OMG!I mean no disrespect toward you at all.But my goodness,cant the girl wear whatever suits her and not the world.I’m over 40 and still wear cut off shorts,and yes they are cut offs not daisy dukes.Daisy dukes would be much shorter.Although she could trade the shoes for something more appropriate.I’ll bet alot of women wish they looked that good at 40.But noone says anything about john(her ex)with his fohawk and runnin around trying to be a 20 year old again,;And if everybody wasn’t all up in her business you wouldn’t know what she was wearing to complain about it.

Kaligrl7

Posted at 3:53 AM on July 7, 2011

“Not a good look for a woman pushing 40″ Uhmmmm you make 40 sound like 80! Let me guess….she should be wearing a housedress, cheap flip flops with a plastic daisy on top and curlers in her hair? Give me a break! We live in a sad society when we say things like “pushing 40″! Like women should curl up and die at 40…because no man will ever look at her again! Get over it! Pathetically sad…one other thing…we never criticize men when they are 40…so why pick on women!

Brandon

Posted at 7:38 AM on July 4, 2011

I am 31 years of age and I find Kate to be very attractive. Yes, she is beautiful,yes she has a great body…..and yes she has eight kids that would repel most men, yet I find her beauty most in her strength, her success (not based on her many books, and T,V, deals but rather by what she has overcome to be the strong, sexy, intelligent pillar of Motherhood that she is….. Kate if they dont appreciate you, I do).

Bonnie L

Posted at 8:08 PM on June 20, 2011

The only image Kate makes in this outfit is low self-esteem. It screams, look at ME, me, me, me, me, me, me.

Lola B

Posted at 7:06 PM on June 20, 2011

She looks ridiculous for a 36 year old mother who’s not a hooker. I can see wearing the shorts but pair it with some ballet flats or sandals so it won’t have that skank look. Kate needs to get a real job so her kids can stop working. She will do anything for attention no matter how pathetic.

Once a Fan

Posted at 7:18 PM on June 20, 2011

How pathetic. Did everyone take note how Kate is trying to pull down the cutoff because it’s up in her VaJayJay. Sick slutty woman!!

Stuart

Posted at 6:25 PM on June 20, 2011

She looks like a prostitute. If she had worn flip flops or some short wedges that would have been a cute look. The platform red heels just make it trampy. I don’t hold it against her for flaunting what she has, she obviously needs a clue about how to make herself look great and not like a total slut.

tm

Posted at 5:52 PM on June 20, 2011

The heels look tacky with the shorts. Not a good look for a woman pushing 40.

Stash

Posted at 4:39 PM on June 20, 2011

She looks fabulous! Don’t you ever get tired of bashing Kate for no reason at all?

MelindaWarren

Posted at 3:40 PM on June 20, 2011

With those legs…YES!!!!!!

Kendra

Posted at 3:37 PM on June 20, 2011

Its an okay outfit, but the short shorts with those red heals the outfit looks a little bit more sluttier. If she would have worn flip-flops or a flat i think it would have looked better but thats just my opinion.

Tracey

Posted at 3:23 PM on June 20, 2011

She looks like a slut.

Stella

Posted at 3:31 PM on June 20, 2011

Not the sluts that I’ve seen! She looks great! It’s 100 freekin degrees, so what do you suggest she wear?!! Judging from your catty remark, you are probably obese, right? Just because one has kids does not mean one can’t be sexy! You continue to work the hell out of that outfit Kate, cause I’m loving it!!

Lola B

Posted at 7:09 PM on June 20, 2011

No one says you can’t be a mother and look attractive but you can do it without looking like a hooker. And no I weight 115lb and have 4 kids so I’m not jealous of Kate’s plastic store bought parts.

Ashley

Posted at 3:15 PM on June 20, 2011

She’s a single mom! And she’s got it! I say flaunt it!

Jess

Posted at 2:42 PM on June 20, 2011

Ok, so let me see if I get this straight, it’s in the dead of summer, she is wearing a pair of cut off jeans and a tank top and running solo errands and you are criticizing her for it. Are you serious? You know, if it is a woman who wrote this…you should be ashamed of yourself for coming across so catty.