'Game Of Thrones' Season Two — What I'd Like To See: More Dragons & A Dead Joffrey!

Mon, June 20, 2011 5:10pm EST by 15 Comments

What do YOU want to see in season two? (Disclaimer: I’m a fan of the show, but haven’t read the books.)

As Game of Thrones fans prepare to settle in for a long dry spell — a trailer following last night’s finale teased a Spring 2012 return — I’m making a wish list of all the things I’d like to see on the show next season. At the top of my list is some serious dragon action from new-mom-of-three Daenerys (Emilia Clarke), and a swift death for the true bastard, Joffrey (Jack Gleeson.) Read on for more of my season-two must’s AND to share your own hopes for the future.

1. Daenerys, in all her bad-ass dragon glory:

Daenerys Targaryen was one of my favorite characters throughout season one, but it always bugged me that the geography of the realm kept her so far removed from the other characters. Now that she’s got her wings — three sets of adorable wings, to be exact — I’m hoping to see Daenerys gain a little mobility in the world. And considering how the Dothraki bowed to her at the end of the finale, it’s clear Daenerys has a sizable army at her disposal. Fly, dragon babies! Fly!

2. More Dinklage please:

I have yet to encounter a fellow Game of Thrones fan who doesn’t share in my obsession with Peter Dinklage as the Lannister “imp” Tyrion, and I’m hoping to see even more out of him in the show’s second season. In between his sarcastic quips and brilliant one-liners, Tyrion revealed himself to be a deeply disturbed character, and I’d love to discover more skeletons in his teeny-tiny closet.

3. Joffrey needs to die:

I don’t care who does it, but SOMEONE needs to end King Joffrey’s reign… and his life, while they’re at it. We’ve watched Joffrey evolve from an obnoxious, entitled brat to a maniacal, evil king in a matter of 10 episodes and I think I speak for everyone when I say that it’s time for him to stop breathing. When he forced Sansa (Sophie Turner) to stare at Ned’s (Sean Been) head on a spike on the season finale, I wanted to jump through the TV and kill him myself. Kudos to Jack Gleeson for crafting one of the most annoying, and most easily hated, characters currently on television.

4. Where them creatures at?

We’ve heard it all season: “Winter is coming.” We’ve been given hints about what to expect from winter — White Walkers and “pale spiders big as hounds” included — and I think it’s about time we see some of these crazy creatures in action!

5. More Ned:

Lastly, would it be too much to ask for even a glimpse of Sean Bean as the late, great Ned Stark next season? I was one of the millions of viewers crushed to see him killed last week, and I think it would be an incredible “thank you” to the fans if we got one last look at Ned in all his glory. In a world full of dragons and “White Walkers,” I would imagine ghosts are pretty commonplace.

Follow Andy on Twitter to talk ‘Game of Thrones’

J

Posted at 8:13 PM on June 21, 2011

All of the dothraki left when the khal died.
The only ones who bowed to her were left over prisoners and the few ‘raki who remained by her side.

Dude

Posted at 5:45 PM on June 21, 2011

Isn’t this article pointless, as they are obviously following the books?

HL

Posted at 5:50 PM on June 21, 2011

The article is more fun than functional, yes. But I haven’t read the books, so it’s all new to me :)

Plus, they may decide to take a creative liberty here and there.

mikerbob

Posted at 6:15 PM on June 21, 2011

Of course – stupid stupid stupid article. Shut off the TV and crack a book once in awhile! Jeez.

bob

Posted at 5:37 PM on June 21, 2011

thanks for the spoiler alert

Literate

Posted at 5:05 PM on June 21, 2011

Is Andy really a 16 year old girl? You act like a twilight fan…

HL

Posted at 5:13 PM on June 21, 2011

Hey, I’m all for comment-debates, but I don’t believe I mentioned Twilight once.

evantonio

Posted at 4:59 PM on June 21, 2011

she doesn’t have a whole army of dothraki. at the end, there were only a couple dothraki and the leftover slaves who didn’t run when she freed them.

remember, the dothraki follow strength. as soon as kal drogo was out of commission, someone else stepped forward and the khaleesi lost her people.

that being said, Joffrey is a prick.

HL

Posted at 5:02 PM on June 21, 2011

I guess that’s true about the number of Dothraki. My eyes were so glued to the dragons I guess I imagined more people.

Either way, glad you agree with me about Joffrey being a prick :)

Qa Mmc

Posted at 6:58 AM on June 21, 2011

thats right

admin india

Posted at 6:56 AM on June 21, 2011

yeah

CK1

Posted at 9:07 PM on June 20, 2011

@Stewart Apparently you’ve never read the books. It’s spelled just as Andy speeled it, Joffrey Baratheon. It’s a bit of a cross between Geoffrey and Jeffrey. GRRM spelled these names as such for a reason, this is not Earth or Europe.

HL

Posted at 5:02 PM on June 21, 2011

lol Thanks for coming to my defense. When I become head of the Dothraki, I shall make you my Khaleesi.

Stewart

Posted at 6:20 PM on June 20, 2011

It’s spelled Geoffrey.

Zach

Posted at 12:35 PM on June 22, 2011

Wrong Wrong Wrong. Joffrey is his name, he is a right bastard, and in no way shape or form is his name even remotely Geoffrey, Jeffrey, Geoff, or Jeff. His nickname is Joff with an O