Extensions can be a great way to change up your look, but if done wrong, they can be a long, hot mess!
Selena Gomez has gorgeous long locks, but Taylor Momsen‘s extreme extensions take the trend to a whole new level. See seven stars with extensions and vote on your favorite look. Then learn the do’s and don’t of hair extensions from extension expert, Angelo David, owner of the Angelo David Salon in NYC!
Extensions should look natural. Period. They are literally supposed to extend the length of your hair, either for a cool new look or to add length to create a big up-do. Poorly attached extensions, or ones that are much too long, just seem out of place and costume-like. Click through pics of Selena, Taylor, Jessica Alba, Christina Aguilera, Britney Spears, Lindsay Lohan and Jennifer Lopez to see their extension style.
Here are the 3 things you should always DO with extensions and 3 things that are big extension DON’Ts!
1) Consult with an expert to explore your options regarding hair extensions. Look at magazines to get ideas on what looks you want to achieve
2) Always invest on the right products: Using the Angelo David Long and Strong Detangler and the Paddle boar bristle extension brush (both available on http://www.angelodavid.com/store) will condition your hair while preventing breakage.
3) Regular salon visits are important to keep your extensions in good shape. Do not miss your appointments for extension maintenance. At Angelo David Salon, usually offer our clients a complimentary wash and style , within a week after the extension was put in, to make sure everything is working well.
1) Adding unnecessary strain to hair by getting extensive styling done (such as “updos” or extremely tight ponytails).
2) Going to sleep with your hair wet.
3) Shampooing the hair without brushing it first. Doing so will damage your extensions and minimize the absorption of the product.
Read More About Celebrity Extensions!
- Get Jennifer Lopez Va Va Voom Hair With Couture Hair Fillers From The Angelo David Salon!
- Jessica Alba’s Short To Long Hair Transformation In Same Day–Which Look Do YOU Love Best?
- Selena Gomez Looks Like She’s Got Sleek New Extensions! Want To Get Her Look?