Tom & Katie Buy Suri A $100,000 Tree House — Yup, A House In A Tree!

Wed, June 15, 2011 11:51am EDT by 24 Comments

She has the $150,000 shoe collection, a personal assistant and a team of nannies, so what else could Suri Cruise want (or need)? Oh, just a mini tree chateau in her backyard.

The $100,000 tree house comes complete with running water, electricity and posh shag carpeting! It’s also stocked with security cameras and a slew of nannies to cater to 5-year-old Suri Cruise‘s every need! So much for a Barbie dream house…

“It may sound funny, but Suri now has her dream home,” a family friend tells In Touch. “She hosts tea parties there on fine china and watches TV with friends.” Is it OK that I’m jealous?

Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes even let Suri decorate and design the house, which she did in ultra-girly fashion — of course!

I’d love to attend any tea party Suri throws in her mini mansion. I’ll bring the cupcakes!

–Leigh Blickley

GET MORE ON SURI

1. Leigh Says: Suri Cruise, 5, Has Her Own Assistant! This Is The Craziest Thing I’ve Ever Heard!
  2. Suri Cruise Has A $150,000 Shoe Collection! How Insane Is That?!
  3. Katie Holmes & Suri Cruise Hit The Beach… In Heels!

tired pat

Posted at 8:47 AM on May 9, 2012

Hey her parents are millionaires .Why not?In her world this is just another place for her to live and be happy /5 nannies,of course.That way she has around the clock security.She lives llike every littl4e girl dreams of.Glad somebody can in this day and age.100,000 gift to them is pocket change like if we gave my daughter a 100 dollars.These are her loving parents.Why shud they deprive her if they got it just so people dont judge t hem too harshly.I wish I could give that to my girl.

Chloe

Posted at 5:47 AM on January 7, 2012

Oh My Gosh!!
she is too spoiled! She didn’t deserve to have such expensive things

donna

Posted at 8:30 PM on September 14, 2011

OMG…REALLY????!!! A BUNCH OF NANNIES IN SURI’S TREE HOUSE TO ATTEND TO HER EVERY WHIM?????? I’VE LOST ALL RESPECT FOR KATIE AND TOM! LIKED BOTH OF THEM IN SOME MOVIES AND KATIE SEEMED SO GIRL NEXT DOOR AND SWEET IN DAWSONS CREEK BUT THAT SWEET NAIIVE GIRL (WITH THE CATHOLIC UPBRINGING AND 2 LOVELY GROUNDED PARENTS) DOESNT EXIST IN MRS. TOM CRUISE, THATS FOR SURE. LIKE I KEEP SAYING SURI IS 5YRS OLD SO HOW CAN U HATE ON HER?! BLAME THE PARENTS CUZ THATS WHO IS AT FAULT AND IN MY OPINION (WHICH I HAVE A RIGHT TO HAVE N VOICE) I BELIEVE KATIE IS AT FAULT THE MOST! YES, EVEN MORE THAN TOM!

LJ

Posted at 10:07 PM on June 29, 2011

I almost understand the treehouse…almost. But the shoes? Does she get to trade them in as she grows out of them? And how about that “team of nannies?” How about parenting? I’m a single parent of two and on active duty and I parent my own children. I don’t pay a “team” to do it for me.

mark

Posted at 8:57 PM on June 29, 2011

tom and kate! spend your money what you need. not on stupid thing .

anonymous

Posted at 11:05 AM on June 25, 2011

She is TOO a spoiled brat! They never say the word “no” to her and if that doesn”t make her spoiled what does? They should stop using material things to pacify that little brat and instead teach her the value of money.

anonymous

Posted at 11:00 AM on June 25, 2011

She is YT

janasia

Posted at 12:18 PM on June 21, 2011

1.she’s not a spoiled brat.
2.if that was the only daughter and i loved her too I would buy here a treehouse too!!!

that cost 100,000

mark

Posted at 9:03 PM on June 29, 2011

there are tree houses cost 200.00 dollars.my brother has one son he don’t buy a tree house cost that much moron

Rebecca

Posted at 4:41 AM on June 21, 2011

First of all I would like to say if you have that much money to buy a tree house, why won’t you help this country get out of this deficit? It may not hit you like it does to us middle class and poor people, but instead of going for luxury when you already have everything, why don’t you help us for a change. I mean if I had the money to buy a tree house like they did I would. But when you make that much money in a year compared to us, just help out with problems that us non celebrities have to deal with. It would be pocket change to you.

anonymous

Posted at 1:19 AM on June 20, 2011

This is disgusting, this spoiled brat does not even know the meaning of the word “no” and Tom and Katie are to blame. They feed her too much sugar, carry her like a tiny baby, let hert have a pacifier, put up with her tantrums, and that all proves they know nothing about parenting! They hopefully will never have more children because this is what they do with them. I just hope for the child’s sake they wake up because they are not doing her any favors. How sad. I wonder how much scientology has to do with this.

victory

Posted at 4:58 AM on June 18, 2011

From my own experience raising three kids, they’d pester me to death wanting something, finally caved and once they had it, tired of it within weeks or less. I would imagine, Suri will spend very little time in that glorious tree house. It’s all relative, for a minority $100,000.00 is $1000.00, for the majority $100,000.00 is total living expenses for three years.

Courtney

Posted at 4:07 PM on June 17, 2011

of course queen Suri is a spoiled little brat which not all hollywood kids are. though a kid having a tree house is pretty normal but Tom & Katie went over board. Peter and Henry Elkind never had that kind of stuff and they grew up as the youngest grand children of oscar winners and Tom is only a three time nominee. correct Peter & Henry’s maternal grand parents are/were Paul Newman & Joanne Woodward who Mr Cruise knows well as he nearly played Howard in Harry & Son and did play Vincent in The Color Of Money

jsb

Posted at 11:56 AM on June 17, 2011

heck, i would get one for by daughter too if i can afford it! tom & katie work hard for their money and they could spend it however they want especially if it’s for their daughter. why should they provide for the homeless who chose to live in the streets drunk & high all day & night! i’m sure they do donate a fair amount of dollars to their preferred charities and not have it published.

jenn

Posted at 2:35 PM on June 15, 2011

Tea party’s with her friends?what friends?Maybe she’s going to divorce her crazy parents & move into the tree house!

steff17

Posted at 2:17 PM on June 15, 2011

Is it just me or has anyone else noticed how much that girl is always being carried?
Don’t want to be around when Suri is told no for the first time.
That child is going to find it very hard to keep any friends, She is living in a world right now where saying no to her is against the Scientology rules.
What a shocker when she hits the real world.
Odd that Suri has a $150,ooo shoe collection and she is barefoot!!!!

Ashley

Posted at 5:51 PM on May 18, 2013

Well I agree she needs the treetop retreat (does it come with an elevator?) However, given the fact she has tough soles from the numerous times she has been seen walking barefoot (public sidewalk, store floors, parking lots, to name a few places) I feel she she probably does not need to wear shoes (considering how dirty the bottoms of her feet get, she obviously does not mind) and I think she would be completely happy being barefoot all the time. With the number of miles her feet have already seen it sure won’t hurt her!

Susan

Posted at 2:15 PM on June 15, 2011

I don’t think so at all. Children have tree houses and jungle gyms. If I could afford that for my children I would get them one. What child would not have a blast in one of those or even an adult at that? I think they get dinged more because of who they are and they are always in the spot light. It is always easy to pick out the negative in anything.

Mike

Posted at 1:41 PM on June 15, 2011

Why of course–They have to give her ALL right now cause when she hits 16–She will be turned over to their leader as the sacrificial Virgin and for Tom and Katie–Eternal life granted..

annon

Posted at 12:25 PM on June 15, 2011

Everything in life is relative. They have a lifestyle in which a grand tree house is normal. For some people, have 3 meals a day is luxury.

Let the little girl enjoy and respect the family privacy.

Milah

Posted at 12:30 PM on June 17, 2011

I gues it is not privacy,when we are reading about it.

LOUISE

Posted at 12:17 PM on June 15, 2011

—TOTALLY CRAZY–
—IS THIS A SPOILED BRAT?
—PINT SIZE LITTLE TOM CRUISE, AND KATIE COULD HAVE
HELPED SOME OF THE HOMELESS WITH THE AMOUNT OF $$
STUPIEDLY SPEND, ON A KID TREE HOUSE & AND SHOES??
WHERE ARE THEY’RE BRAIN’S
THEY PROBABLY VOTED FOR OBAMA, TOO
!

agree w u

Posted at 12:08 PM on June 17, 2011

couldnt have said it better myself … shameful .. just shameful .. child will have no value for anything by the time she is an adult. Tom and Katie you are shameful.

parm69

Posted at 12:30 PM on June 17, 2011

why do you people have to bring politics into everything?
btw, they are republicans and that probably explains it all.