Selena Gomez Admits: I Love Junk Food, Which Made Me Malnourished!

Wed, June 15, 2011 9:12pm EDT by 9 Comments

Selena Gomez says her obsession with sugar and fast food (like In-N-Out Burger) is what landed her in the hospital last week, so now her mom is watching her like a hawk!

Selena Gomez freaked all of us out June 9 when she checked into the hospital for more than 24 hours after suffering from exhaustion and malnutrition. However, the 18-year-old starlet says she’s not going to let that happen again because her mom is making sure she doesn’t stuff her face with her favorite thing to eat: junk food!

“I do eat,” she said on Kidd Kraddick’s radio show in Texas June 15. “The problem is I don’t eat right. I love everything that’s possibly not good for me.”

Fortunately, Selena’s mom (who she refers to as her “Supermom”) is making sure she stays healthy and isn’t letting her get away without all of her essentials.

“She’s definitely shoving vitamins down my mouth and following me around,” Selena explained. “But at the same time, I was a stubborn kid, so I got to eat whatever I wanted. I have to have creamed spinach or cheese on my broccoli. I have to have something that makes it not healthy.”

She continued, “I love M&Ms, Kit Kats, Snickers and Goobers at the movies.”

Plus, HollywoodLife.com reported exclusively Selena ate things like French Toast, ice cream and chocolate during her vacation to Canada with her boyfriend, Justin Bieber.

Thankfully, our favorite Disney darling is on the mend and feels almost 100% better since her hospital stay.

“I’m good now, thank you,” she said. “I’m so much better.”

Good for you, Selena! Now stay away from all those processed foods and explore some healthier options!

Kirstin Benson

Read More On Selena Gomez!

1. Selena Gomez Glows at First Performance Since Being Released From the Hospital!
  2. Will Selena Gomez Cancel Performances Due to Exhaustion?
  3. Selena Gomez’s Health Issues Explained by Doctor!

Moo

Posted at 10:42 PM on May 14, 2013

Oh my gosh! Selena is SOOOO beautiful!! I find it hard to believe that her eating habits are terrible. I understand that it can be because she works a lot and just eats whatever she finds. And I understand how hard it is to not want to put something fatty onto something healthy. Or just choose fatty processed food over healthy nutritional meals lol. It’s just Selena seems so healthy on the outside to me. She’s lucky to have such great genetics.

I know this was a couple years ago, but still!
I’m glad she is doing better now!

Olivia

Posted at 9:57 PM on August 18, 2011

Wow..I love selena just like the rest of you but this is disgusting. Even if she is not eating correctly or at all I think its awful that someone who has the world in the palm of her hands does not eat to keep herself healthy. I am not buying into this whole only eats junk food stuff so now malnourished. Come on now there are people all over the world who only eat unhealthy foods cause they cannot afford much else and we’re not seeing all of them in hospitals….selena get it together.

jelena

Posted at 2:20 PM on June 21, 2011

ohthanks god for helping her infact i love selena very much spicially when she dates justine bieber thay are so cute together i wish they will be together forever and i believe her words that she was just malnourished she didnot hide anything those r true words,love u jelena

Benwa

Posted at 7:02 AM on June 16, 2011

Thankfully, she will be a has-been and forgotten by the time she’s 21. Bieber may go sooner.

Tori

Posted at 7:47 PM on June 16, 2011

OMG!! I love her!! I cant believe she did this to herself! Good thing her Mom is keeping her on track!! I LOVE YOU SELENA!!!

Isabel

Posted at 4:10 PM on June 20, 2011

Excuse me? How can you say that when you’re a couch potato and she is working her butt off to make you and every other person in this world happy?!

anita

Posted at 12:25 AM on June 16, 2011

BS. Creamed spinach or cheese on broccoli are enough to make you out of malnutrition. She’s clearly hiding something.

say what?

Posted at 1:27 AM on June 16, 2011

False. If that is all you eat (which is not what she said, she was saying in the past she never wanted to eat greens by themselves because she wanted to have sweets/something that tasted god) you are still losing about 5 other components that help with a balanced diet. Malnutrition doesn’t mean lack of food, it means not eating the right amount of foods from the different food groups to create a balanced diet. You must be a partially educated Bieber fan who clearly needs a reality check. If you are not, then shame on you for inventing/wishing ill on someone else. She does not have any other sickness, she works, she is tired and not eating properly. Get over it.

jelena

Posted at 2:24 PM on June 21, 2011

hey anita dont say that selena is clearly hiding something cuz she ddidnot lie she was just tierd notelse so plz dont say these words again