'Basketball Wives' Jennifer Williams And Royce Reed Still Not Friends Because Royce Tweeted To Jennifer's Ex!

Tue, June 14, 2011 5:08pm EDT by 51 Comments

Jennifer tells HollywoodLife.com exclusively that Royce broke the girlfriends code of conduct by contacting Jennifer’s ex! Was this wrong of Royce to do?

Basketball Wives star Jennifer Williams can’t believe that her co-star Royce Reed had the nerve to send Twitter messages to her soon-to-be ex-husband Eric Williams. That’s why during the June 13 episode, the girls had a sit-down to hash out their differences and Royce just didn’t understand that what she did was wrong. Jennifer tells HollywoodLife.com exclusively that Royce broke the girlfriends’ code and that’s why Evelyn Lozada had to defend poor Jennifer’s honor leading to the explosive battle.

“What happened was Royce and Eric, my soon-to-be ex — have been tweeting back and forth, so basically I was just confronting her,” Jennifer explains. “But Royce is very immature so she wasn’t quite getting what I was saying.”

“I think it’s just girlfriends 101 — there are certain things you don’t do,” continues Jennifer. “I don’t think she would appreciate if I was doing that to one of her exes. I was just trying to get her to see the point.”

But Jennifer’s efforts to explain the situation and her feelings to Royce failed and that’s why Evelyn got involved — to give Jennifer backup. “Sometimes talking to her [Royce] — it goes in one ear and out the other. She basically didn’t get it,” says Jennifer. “Evelyn was just defending me and it kind of took on a life of it’s own. So then they started arguing. And then Evelyn just picked up the drink and threw it at her. It got crazy.”

And because of the massive blowout, Jennifer and Royce are no longer on good terms. “I don’t talk to her,” says Jennifer. “They wanted me to shoot a scene with her today and I was like no. I just feel like talking to her is a lost cause because she’s very immature. I’d rather not waste my time.”

“I felt like she just stabbed me in the back,” adds Jennifer. “I was disappointed that she would even stoop that low. There are just certain codes that people need to respect and that’s one of them. It’s inappropriate.”

And on a side note, Jennifer informs us that nothing on the VH1 reality show is set up by producers, especially the fight where Evelyn threw a glass at Royce. “Nothing on our show is staged,” confesses Jennifer. “It’s not scripted. I was completely surprised that Evelyn picked it up and threw it at her because it got on me.”

BFFs — do you think Royce should be tweeting Jennifer’s soon-to-be ex-husband?

- Lindsey DiMattina

More Basketball Wives Stories:

1. Evelyn & Royce Battle It Out!
  2. Jennifer: Being Married To An Athlete Is Dysfunctional!
  3. Should You Snoop On Your Man If You Think He Is Cheating?

Juanita

Posted at 11:30 AM on August 1, 2011

Jenn doesn’t like Royce because her gurl. Evil-Lyn doesn’t like Royce. Jenn get a backbone and be your own women. Stop having your head so far up Eve’s a$$. If you and Royce aren’t friends, what girlfriend code did she break?

Monique

Posted at 6:16 PM on July 28, 2011

Jennifer just needs an excuse to dislike Royce because Evelyn doesn’t like her, it’s so obvious!!! All of the women are pure gutter trash, including the instigator Shaunie..pure trash.

ojmee

Posted at 6:57 PM on July 20, 2011

Note, Royce was not on the trip with the ladies this time. Things that make you go ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm huh? Royce relax and lol. Have a good one ladies!!!

SHARMIKA M

Posted at 2:17 PM on July 20, 2011

I BELIEVE THAT ROYCE WAS REALLY LOOKING FOR A REACTION OUT OF JEN…AND JEN GAVE IT TO HER. HOWEVER ROYCE DID MENTION THAT JEN ASKED FOR ALL THE GIRLS TO FOLLOW ERIC ON TWITTER. IF THAT IS TRUE I GUESS JEN WANTED FOR THEM TO STOP AFTER THEIR RELATIONSHIP WENT SOUR. POINT BEING THAT IT REALLY SHOULDNT MATTER HELL THE FASTER HE MOVES ON JEN THE FASTER HE WILL LEAVE YOU ALONE. ITS A WIN/WIN SISTUATION.

Beautiful

Posted at 11:05 PM on July 19, 2011

I understand your point of view but I do not think Royce wants Eric in any shape or form lol. The girl code 101 sorry Jenn but you guys were phony to her from jump so she owes no loyalty to you and when she realized the things you guys said after watching the show it made her feel stupid that she actually liked you guys and considered you to be friends. I think a lot of people feel that way after watching the show. Who i think is childish is your BFF because she can never have a normal conversation, at least Royce can sit down and talk without resulting in ignorance. I do think Royce is real and yes she does act a little young and dress horrible but that doesn’t make her a bad person. Style and dressing is not in her personality so to call her a bum is corny because Evelyn look where you grew up, you came from nothing more like a bum to me. Name brand and expensive clothes do not make a person! I do think royce may be a “10lb B*tch” but she would have gave evelyn a run for money but evelyn have a fan base so some might beg to differ.

Toni

Posted at 6:53 PM on July 22, 2011

I agree. What Royce did was nothing to be so upset, these girls didn’t give her any respect at all. If anything they talked about her all the time, while in the same breathe stating how Royce talks about everyone and how immature she is, and with that said they still don’t see how stupid they are. Sorry, but Shaunie Evelyn and Jennifer are very immature. This whole dressing better or having a better hairstyle, please as if it makes them a better person, not! Royce is mature, she knew how these girls were after seeing everything on TV, yeah Royce is pissed and feels taken advantage, but she is a survivor she knows what to do and she knows who her real friends are and that is why she can say whatever she wants, she earned it. She tells it like it is, but these girls they only lie and to the faces they lie. What bothers me, when you mentioned about Evelyn coming from where she came from, it bothers me that Evelyn is living in a nice Condo in Miami, has a nice store selling expensive shoes, has money to go on trips to buy dresses for the events they crash and still think that it’s mandatory for them to be there, as if, I see all that and then I see her mom still living in the Bronx in NYC, in the SMELLY PROJECTS, WITH SMELLY ELEVATORS TO GO INTO. As a Taino, Boricua a Puerto Rican Woman, I can’t stand to see that, it bothers me so much. If it were me, and I’m the oldest of 8, if I had the money like Evelyn, you best believe my mom & dad will have a condo, my daughter along with my 2 beautiful grandsons will have a condo, too, as well as my sisters & brothers, then I come last. My family is first, my daughter I will make sure she has I will make sure she doesn’t have to struggle. It was so appauling to see Evelyn looking good living in a good clean building and her mom lives in s stinky projects in the Boogie Down Bronx. How sad.

Mspetenmorrow

Posted at 4:27 PM on July 19, 2011

I know I’m late with this one…but if you didn’t still care about the ugly MF why get upset? Royce don’t want him hell you don’t even want him, so you say. But girl get over it Royce seems like she would be a better friend than Evelyn. Really you upset about them tweetin each other…Who sounds like the immature one here Jen?

MS318LA

Posted at 6:31 PM on July 19, 2011

U SOUND IMMATURE AND U PROLLY UGLY URSELF:( BOOboo SORRY NO HAPPY FACES FOR Uuuuuu

Meghan

Posted at 11:27 PM on July 14, 2011

Im with Toletha on this one!!! and if Jennifer (supposedly) didnt care…then why n the hell is she worried about wat royce and eric r tweeting about?! like toletha said its not like they’re hooking or or anything.

Fran101

Posted at 4:04 PM on July 14, 2011

Yes it is okay for them to tweet. Jen and Eric where not even together they stay in different states. She had no marriage. So what it the big deal.

MS318LA

Posted at 6:35 PM on July 19, 2011

FRAN U R SOOO SILLY, HOW BOUT U GIVE UR EX# (FRESH OUT OF A RELATIONSHIP) TO 1 OF UR FRIENDS AND LET THEM TEXT/TALK OR WHATEVA BACK AND FORTH AND LET ME KNOW HOW THAT TURNS OUT SWEETIE:) OR HOW U WOULD FEEL ABOUT THAT HUN LOL

Ninapage93

Posted at 11:30 PM on July 20, 2011

I hope jen n eve can b friends and i like royce shes funny now suzie gets on my nerves most of the reason why royce got kicked out of the circle is because she defended susie n hung out with her when no one wanted to, when makes that statement saying she needs to suck 3dicks n susie saids why not 4 I was like what kind of a friend is that she can go suck 5 dicks for all I care she deserves what she gets

QueenLL

Posted at 9:58 AM on July 14, 2011

Girlfrien code 101. I find it funny that she says that. Girlfriend code 101 is that you dony flake on your so called “girl” when she had an event that is very important to her. Seems to me that Jen is just fishing for reasons to Not like Royce because Evelyn doesn’t.

ojmee

Posted at 5:34 PM on July 14, 2011

You are correct about Jennifer and Evelyn they just do not care. Royce, when they did not take your invite seriously and joked about it that was a clue. Hope the right man come into your life.

Girl Please

Posted at 8:05 AM on July 12, 2011

Jennifer you are a hypocrit. You say Royce is wrong, but yet there if your best friend Evelyn who slept with Tami’s husband and you have not uttered ONE word to Evelyn about breaking a code on television in the same format that you did to Royce. You can not have it both ways. Either it is wrong or it is not. Speak truth and live it. You may have not been there when Kenny and Evelyn went down but you could have stated it was wrong on Evelyn’s part. What did you do, grin and stay all up in Evelyn’s partial.

Sondra Ohhh

Posted at 6:43 PM on July 12, 2011

Not to excuse Ev but she and Tami didn’t know each other when Ev slept with Kenny. Thiis is entirely different. Royce and Jennifer were supposedly close. You don’t make nicey nice with your friend’s ex while they are in the middle of a nasty divorce. Show some sense. Royce is a straight up bum.

NESHA

Posted at 11:48 AM on July 26, 2011

umm numer one royce is not a bum u r for saying that numer 2 it dose not mattershe slept with a married man and number three they r suposily not friends and she is a suposied non facter so what she dose should not matter hun

MS318LA

Posted at 6:38 PM on July 19, 2011

Umm AND TO U, LETS TRY USING WORDS U CAN SPELL BOOboo…. ITS HYPOCRITE #GIRLPLZzzzzzzz LMAO AT U TOO

Sydnee

Posted at 9:53 PM on June 28, 2011

I would say that all these women are not expressing the true meaning of friendship. Evelyn and Jennifer are the closest friends but each of them should have some individuality in their lifestyles. One thing they should understand is that Royce is real in her expressions. She is honest with her feelings and how she put it across. she did no wrong by responding to Eric’s tweet. Jennifer has an issue with her ex-husband and Royce has not got concerns with their issue, i think she is just been friends.
For Jennifer and Evelyn, be nice and matured about your approach and attitudes. Your true and honest friends are only those that can tell you what you don’t want to hear!
Remember, you have commented about Royce and disrespected her in so many ways.. If the bow is turned to you, how will you feel? If you betray a friend before a friend, know that you will be betrayed by that same friend..

ojmee

Posted at 7:00 PM on June 28, 2011

These are suppose to be mature women? Why are they hating on Royce-talking about immature. Evelyn and Jennifer forgot about how low they treated Royce when they LIED and did not attend the event she put on . That was really sad and evil the way they acted, Royce just keep it real and is not a follower. Eric contacted Susie the other follower, so what? Shaunie(hope I spelled it correctly) are you trying to hate or please? LADIES, if I may can you be more MATURE GROWN WOMEN?

Sophia

Posted at 6:44 PM on June 28, 2011

Whether Jen is really angry at Royce for tweeting Eric or not, is not the point, like some people are making it out to be. The issue is whether or not Royce should be tweeting her “girl” Jen’s, soon-to-be-ex. Before I get to the point let me just say that for someone that is thirty-one years old, Royce just seems to be so very immature for her age. It’s like “girl grow the f%#k up!” Why does she act so childish and stupid?! It annoys the hell out of me. The thing is, when you act like that it’s hard for other adults to take you seriously. That’s why Royce is constantly the “butt” of jokes on the show. I have nothing against Royce but trust me when I say, I could not hang out with someone like Royce, her spoiled brat attitude is getting really old.

This is what I think of the feud between Royce and Jen. I can understand why Jen would be upset at Royce for even communicating with her soon-to-be ex, because you don’t know if all the stuff that you talked about to her is gonna get back to him. Fact is, friends should be loyal to each other, so much, so that when sh*t goes down, I know that you’re gonna have my back. To me it’s like husbands and boyfriends come and go but your friends man, they remain. It doesn’t matter what anyone says about Jen being up Evelyn’s a**, they have got each other’s backs and there is no denying that.

toy

Posted at 11:47 AM on July 12, 2011

So do you feel the same knowing Jen said what she said last nite on the next show. Not to mention the Shyt they were saying about Royce before that. Real talk they never considered Royce as their friend. She may be bratty but she is the same all the time. Susie is messy and for the record Jennifer looks down on everybody from jump. Tami was automatically prejudged from jump until they saw she was not to be played with. Overall the show doesn’t promote a positive message for women. Its just another drama filled ,degrading, tasteless show, that put black women further up the poll for ignorance.

MS318LA

Posted at 6:26 PM on July 19, 2011

AND TOY U IGNORANT LOL, AND IF U DONT HAVE NOTHING NICE TO SAY TRY NOT SAYING NOTHING AT ALL BOOboo:) PS TRY CHANNEL SURFING U MORON

MS318LA

Posted at 6:24 PM on July 19, 2011

I REALLY LIKE UR COMMENT ABOUT THE WHOLE FRIEND SITUATION:)

Toletha

Posted at 3:12 PM on June 28, 2011

Come on Jen, is that the REAL reason you are angry with Royce (because she is tweeting Eric)? I think if you are totally honest with yourself, you will admit that you need a reason to be angry with Royce (so you won’t look insane)simply because Evelyn is angry with Royce! To be honest, you’re not even that convincing when you say that’s the problem you have with Royce plus the fact that she is immature (so you say). — Excuse me, but I almost had to LOL when you said that. Let’s just keep it real. As Eric says, keep it 100. People actually get literally ANGRY with others because they think they are immature? Really!?? If so, it should be a lot of people out there angry at each other. I know a lot of people I could be angry with. But that would be silly for me to actually get ANGRY with people concerning my opinion of their maturity level.

Royce is not some outsider that started tweeting Eric out of the blue. It would be a different matter if Meeka suddenly began tweeting with Eric. But Royce and Eric knew each other before you and he broke up and they are simply doing FRIENDLY exchanges. Besides, from what I heard on the show, Eric contacted Royce initially. She simply responded and the tweeting took off. Why should she ignore him? It’s not like they are trying to hook up with each other. It’s not like they are doing something in the dark (like other people, who shall remain nameless). They are wide open with it. Maybe a small part of you wishes they didn’t tweet because you are on the outs. If so, I’d be willing to bet that you still have romantic feelings for Eric (even though you say you don’t care anymore). Otherwise, it wouldn’t bother you what he does or who he is tweeting with. Matter of fact, you wouldn’t even keep up with his tweets if you didn’t care. And now you take it out on poor Royce because you feel left out. But that MAY only be a small part of your reason to igg Royce. I believe that the major reason you are hating on Royce is because Evelyn is hating on Royce. If Evelyn made up with Royce, you would be ok with her just like you were with Suzie when Evelyn welcomed her back. If the hidden reason (for igging Royce) is all about your pic on the internet, Royce is entitled to her opinions just like you are. You may not always like people’s opinions, but they have a right to them.

Anyway, I hope you will rise above all of this and not be so influenced by Evelyn (cause that’s how it looks on the show). Just be your own person! You’ll be all the better for it.

MS318LA

Posted at 6:41 PM on July 19, 2011

BABY THIS IS WAAAAAAYYYYYYYYY TOO LONG TO BE READING, AND U HOLD NO INTERESTS OF MINE WHAT SO EVA CANT EVEN GET ON U RIGHT NOW BOO:( # U NEED TO GET A LIFE AND STOP WRITING A NOVEL ABOUT THEIRS…..ILL READ THE BOOK WHEN IT COMES OUT:)

darielle

Posted at 1:42 PM on June 28, 2011

I love jennifer and royce is totally out of line she is so damn phoney and its very clear that she doesn’t have morals and she needs to surround herself around better quality women what royce needs to do is find a stylist cause she is truly the wackest bbbm (basketball baby mama) I’ve ever seen on TV royce pay more attention to yourself and step your game up or u will be living in that big house all by yourself petty betty #whoopwhoop!

MS318LA

Posted at 6:29 PM on July 19, 2011

I SOOO HEART THIS COMMENT:) STILL LMAO OVA HERE

Jackie

Posted at 2:20 PM on June 23, 2011

They should change the name of the show to “Used to be basketball wives” I think all the women are annoying, but nonetheless…I cant help but end up watcing the damn show! haha

MS318LA

Posted at 6:46 PM on July 19, 2011

SO DOES THAT MAKE U A HYPOCRITE NOW LOL, IM JUST SAYIN LOL

RaShay

Posted at 8:12 PM on June 20, 2011

I don’t see what Jennifers issue is with Royce tweeting Eric. Since she claims they are not friends, I don’t think it should matter, and if Rocyce wasn’t tweeting Eric, Jennifer would have come up with something else to be mad about. They are acting more like high school kids, than grown women and its pathetic. There are better ways to solve your differences and if you can’t do that then just fall back, no need for the childish cat fights and nonsense. I think they all get out of hand but for once I have to agree with Royce because she was honest about how she felt and didn’t back down. I respect thata.

Neesha

Posted at 12:16 AM on June 20, 2011

Jennifer, you are a total contradiction. In previous seasons, in the beginning you and Hoevlyn, did not anything to do with Royce. There have been plenty of times you and Hoevlyn, have talked about Royce behind her back and smiled in her face. You couldn’t be woman enough to express your feelings to her about Twitter, instead you run behind Hoevlyn who honestly dosen’t care because she’s too busy chasing after a man who doesn’t even want her. Let a man tell me I can afford to miss some meals and does not know my age, trust and believe he will kick rocks. Royce may not have always been perfect, but she, Gloria, and Tami have always kept it real on the show. I don’t feel Royce did anything wrong, because Jennifer and her were not cool anyways. Royce, I think you are doing the right thing by staying away from the other ladies. I really feel you should stay away from Susie, because she is two faced and just like the others. The only reason she is playing peacemaker is so she can get browning points with the other ladies.

AggiGirl

Posted at 3:52 PM on June 26, 2011

LMAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAO @ Hoevlyn! Too funny!

kim

Posted at 12:09 PM on June 19, 2011

jennifer i can’t wait 4 the day when you see that evelyn is a 2 face friend and suzie is a horse face chick that can’t hold her ground all these chicks are sorry accept 4 tami

MS318LA

Posted at 6:50 PM on July 19, 2011

WHAT DOES EVELYN HAVE TO BE 2FACED ABOUT, WHATEVA DO U MEAN KIM GO SIT DOWN BOO AND READ A BOOK:)STAY IN UR LANE BOOboo CUZ U WAAAYYYYYY OFF

justanote

Posted at 9:56 AM on June 18, 2011

These two; Evilyn and Jennifool (lol @Beyoncca) have the nerve to call anyone immature. Girlfriend 101, Jen you clearly stated that Royce is not your friend so, why does it matter what she does with your “soon to be (Evilyn forced) ex-hubby? When Royce asked you what she did or said that was so hurtful you deferred to your puppet master. Immature, Evil; you have the vocabulary of an 11 yo and you’re always commenting on what someone is wearing and what their hair is doing. You are soooooooooooooooooooo bitter. All the other women have what you desire; Tami, Shaunie and Fool, were wives and Susie and Royce have NBA babies. What do you have a 10 year engagement and no name change and no baby? Kind of looks like you are the NMFF. It’s actually pitiful to watch you as you scramble to stay relevant. Chad, Chad, Chad… 8,5 (85 is actually ochenta y cinco) honey do you realize that he has no respect for you ” you could afford t miss a few meals” and he did not know you “real” age.? Your desperation is showing, babies with Chad is not going to make the relationship viable. Fool, said this was scripted… did anyone notice in the clip that sometimes Evil’s hair is up?…

Beyoncca

Posted at 11:39 PM on June 15, 2011

To:Marge

You are so right. When Tami entered Dolce EVILyn oops! I mean Evelyn looked like she saw a ghost. When the two ladies argued and Tami said she would punch Evelyn in the face, Evelyn said “yeah and I’ll get my GOONS to handle your a**”.
When it came to{too small to brawl} Royce EVILyn was all too quick to fight JenniFOOL battle.
EVILyn deserves that SELLOUT Chad{I aint comfortable in my own skin)Ocho. He’s more interested in the cameras then any of the ladies. You can just see he’s not genuine when you watch he and EVILyn’s interactions. PATHETIC

Marge

Posted at 11:00 PM on June 15, 2011

I guess i don’t get it. How is it jennifer’ buisness who Royce tweets? It’s not like they were friends any ways, so girlfriends 101 doesn’t apply here.
Jeniifer is pathetic. Strange that “groupie Hoe” Evelyn “jumped’ to Jennifer’s defense with Royce, but when Tami was all in Jennifer’s face (remember foodstamp gate) Evelyn didn’t step to Tami. Clearly Jennifer was in need of defense from Tami moreso than with Royce.Which leads me to believe Evelyn is a BULLY,and a COWARD.
She would NEVER EVER confront Tami the way she did Royce or poor pitiful needy Suzie. I’m glad Royce didn’t back down, like I’m sure Evelyn expected her to.

MS318LA

Posted at 8:05 PM on July 19, 2011

MARGE U ARE A FOOL, YEA TAMI SHE TUFF BUT EVELYN IS TOO BOO LETS NOT GET IT TWISTED….PS U SOUND A LIL SCARY TO ME ON DA COOL AND ANYBODY ELSE WHO RIDIN TAMI COATTAIL, SMDH AT U LOW-LIVES ON HERE LOL

welches66

Posted at 10:14 PM on June 15, 2011

Jennifer keep saying that Royce broke the girlfiend code and tweeted her ex. OK, since when has Royce and her ever been friends. Also she wanted the divorce from Eric so what I am hearing is that she still has feelings for him otherwise WHY should she care? Jennifer hardly ever wanted Royce as her friend especially since it would UPSET Evelyn if she did. If she really wanted to speak to Royce about the issue then she should have talked to Royce one-on-one. And for the record Royce is not the only one that is immature, especially since Jennifer is friends with a woman that throws drinks and gets into fights in all three seasons.

Pilika

Posted at 9:00 AM on June 15, 2011

Wow, now you are interested in what your soon to be ex is doing. Maybe if you had shown some interest sooner, you could have saved your marriage. As far as Royce, when has she ever been your friend?

nikki

Posted at 11:58 PM on June 14, 2011

I THINK ALL THE WOMEN ON THE ARE GOLD DIGGERS.THEY SHOULD KNOW MOST ALL BALL PLAYERS CHEAT. ALL OF THEM SHOULD ACT THEIR AGE AND BE RESPECTFUL ON TV.THEY TALK ABOUT EACH ALL THE TIME THEY ARE NOT FRIENDS ACCORDING TO ME.