If Your Parents Think You're Moving Too Fast In Love Like Justin Bieber's Do, Should You Slow Things Down?

Thu, June 9, 2011 9:11pm EST by 33 Comments
SplashNews.com

Justin is head over heels for GF Selena Gomez — and his parents don’t like it. Should he be bothered by their disapproval?

Justin Bieber and Selena Gomez have been spending every waking moment together, and his parents think he’s growing up too fast now that he’s found her. Should he heed his parents’ warning that he’s moving way too fast for things to last, or should he be free to find out on his own?

The young couple have been traveling everywhere, including a vacation in Hawaii and a trip to JB’s hometown of Stratford, Ontario, Canada. But that isn’t all that’s been worrying his ‘rents.

“He has lost his Canadian accent and totally changed the way he speaks. His family is concerned,” a family insider tells In Touch Weekly of the 17-year-old pop star, saying that his new tattoo and another earring are also objects of concern.

Although they adore Selena, 18, it’s the relationship itself that has them stressed. Says the source, “They’re a little freaked out by how fast she and Justin are moving, but they’re just chalking it up to young love — for now.”

So should Justin heed his parents advice, and should you, if you’re in a similar situation?

Here’s the thing: when we’re growing up, we’re going to make mistakes. We’re going to mess up, we’re going to get our heart broken. Our parents think they can help us avoid these things, but we have to do them ourselves to really learn. They can’t protect us our entire lives, as much as we’d like them to.

Are your parents right? YES. They’ve been there, done that and survived themselves. “How could they know what I’m feeling?” I used to grouse at 16, as if my drama was any more original than any other teenager’s on the planet. It wasn’t. They do know. End of story.

But should you be allowed to find out for yourself? Yes, of course. If you don’t make mistakes -- especially in love — how will you ever learn what you need, deserve and want? Listen to your parents. Accept that they’re right — but respectfully tell them you need to be free to find out for yourself.

Email me! | Follow Hollywoodlife.com on Twitter | Become a Facebook fan

anonymous

Posted at 9:57 PM on September 25, 2011

Yeah, I think their moving too fast, but they being so young can’t see it yet. I would advice both to slow things down a bit. I think eventually they will see it too. However, the parents should also be gentle in their approach because there response, if too negative could push them into each other’s arms in the wrong direction. So, everyone needs to calm down and take time to figure this situation out. I think a big pow wow is in order with both young people and their families.

noname

Posted at 11:58 AM on July 24, 2011

I think justin is changing too quick not the relationship if you’ve all seen the picture of him flicking off the paparazzi, 2 earrings and another tattoo hes turning into a rebel look! but i dont think any of that has to do with selena i think hes just getting caught up in the fame! cause truthfully what young couple doesnt kiss and make out all the time and theres relationships that people say ily on the first week so its really no surprise!

Selena fan

Posted at 11:17 PM on July 3, 2011

Justin is grown yes he has sum tattos and an earring he is grown all parents think their kids are moving to fast when they think they are in luv can ppl even lose accents Justin is fine they is cute together Jb didn’t chang he just got older yea mm hmm the parents are right shout out to all caring parents just kno tht kid are growing in maturing just like Justin in Selena if they think they are in luv then good god they are in luv Jb said himself u can find luv at any age so don’t judge him for luvin sum one tht is great just like him they personalitys fit dnt say he is moving fast when he is grown in Selena is grown in thts why her parents stay out of her luv life parents ur great for caring for us kids but wen we are17 about to be18 we are grown in is gonna make mistakes shout out to Jb in SG in both of they parents in all caring parents in including my parents I luv Jb in SG imma fan foreverin I will always luv the both of u in ur parents

unknown

Posted at 2:45 PM on June 17, 2011

I think Justin and Selena can and will be in love nor matter what.. If one of them get there heart broken {lets hope not} then thats them.. just think arent you happy it wasnt you.. And there not moiving to fast.. If they are moiveing to fast its because there just afriad to lose each other!!!!!!! THATS WHAT I THINKK!!LOVE IT OR NOT!!!

Meg

Posted at 12:31 AM on June 16, 2011

I”m also afraid that the heartbroken on will be Justin , I’m sure that one day ” Jelena” is gonna be broken

Meg

Posted at 12:28 AM on June 16, 2011

actually , I’m okay with “jelena” or “justlena” the problem is that when they kiss , I feel uncomfortable and thinking that they are moving too fast , but not that fast as “JAck and Rose” in titanic , they took about half a year but honestly too fast

Janae

Posted at 12:08 AM on June 16, 2011

I’m just afraid Justin is going to get his heartbroken.

Mimi

Posted at 1:27 PM on June 27, 2011

Me too. :/

But I noticed Justin just started to grow up.
But Selena should be the person, who should say: “Let’s slow down with our relationship” . But of course she doesn’t.

So don’t f** tell me she’s more grown-up than him.. pff.

lily

Posted at 8:32 PM on June 15, 2011

I do think Justin Bieber should slow down with his relationship they make a cute couple but he wouldnt want to dissapoint his fans. She is to old for him and its sad they are moving too quick when they are young.

brianna

Posted at 8:58 AM on June 15, 2011

i know i dont like them at all

oma persaud

Posted at 9:45 AM on June 14, 2011

i like them but their are giving to much details and all that are hurting me so much.

ReeM

Posted at 11:27 AM on June 11, 2011

Justin’s parents and their words correctly, because Justin Ktheira changed a lot and I do not like to change Justin, but I prefer to remain on the nature

Selena and more, why he loves it because the last period began to change and become the biggest-old

Selena and also loves to be the second richest teenager and his fortune and owns 65.6 million 4 million For this reason, seeking to Ttaktaf lights behind him

Thank you.

Posted at 3:28 PM on June 10, 2011

If you want your dreams become a reality, go get a good education or join a in a reality show.

therock

Posted at 8:12 AM on June 10, 2011

When we were all their age we did the same things and our parents said the same things so I say just let them be. As long as they’re responsible and use birth control, it’s all good in my book!

It’s funny how time, as in growing up, makes this behavior “alarming”!!!

jason

Posted at 12:05 AM on June 10, 2011

Wow Laura, you’re squarely at odds with your obese editor who thinks this is a wonderful relationship (Bonnie Says after all).

jason

Posted at 12:08 AM on June 10, 2011

From HL, this very moment on Obese Bonnie says:

“Bonnie Says: Justin Bieber & Selena Gomez Are Not Moving Too Fast In Their Relationship!”

Yep, leave it to the fatties to tell us what’s right.

jjjjjjjjjjfever

Posted at 11:28 PM on June 9, 2011

JUSTIN BIEBER IS MINE.

jason

Posted at 12:06 AM on June 10, 2011

LOL! How old are you? 12?

valeria

Posted at 7:37 PM on June 9, 2011

i think selena gomez and justin bieber are cute couple

Jbfan

Posted at 5:36 PM on June 9, 2011

I think Justin needs to think about what he has always said, that the fame would never change him but if he has lost his accent then he needs small break from everything so he can get back down to earth because we are the ones who got him where he is, not selena. I think he should just take a break from everything and go back to his hometown to be as normal as possible for a while and hopefully that would get him thinking straight again because the fame is definitely going to his head.

Mimi

Posted at 1:31 PM on June 27, 2011

Right! I really thought Justin would never forget that.
But he’s so young. And his parents SHOULD TELL him this.

Poor Justin.. it’s so hard to see all these pictures but not being able to do something or tell him.

Anaya Williams

Posted at 1:23 AM on June 29, 2011

you are totally right:) i feel the same way for him. I just hope and pray he doesn’t grow up to fast while dating Selena Gomez.

lilly333

Posted at 5:22 PM on June 9, 2011

I think that if they shouldn’t move forwerd they should move backwards i mean they are perfect for each other and gosk leave them alone

taylor

Posted at 1:41 PM on June 9, 2011

me being a jb fan i think selena is making sexual gestures to justin like all the time

Alexandra

Posted at 4:57 PM on June 9, 2011

its the opposite!!

tweety

Posted at 4:22 PM on October 10, 2011

yea it kinda is the opposite in alot of those pictures when they r in hawaii he has his hand on her but…….but in some of those pictures to she has her legs wraped around him with him holding her up!!!!! i honestly think that she should be the (MATURE ADULT) that she is supposed to be and let him know that he is only 17 and she is 19 and that they should slow down for a bit……(AT LEAST UNTIL HE TURNED 18 years old) I LUV YUHH SELENA AND JUSTIN BUT AT LEAST FOR YUHR FANS..??.. THINK WHAT YUHH ARE DOING BEFORE YUHH DO IT…..I dont think any of your fans would want any accidents to happen

lilly333

Posted at 5:23 PM on June 9, 2011

oh just shut up

Jill

Posted at 1:32 PM on June 9, 2011

Does everyone forget what it was like to be young and in love? Seeing them brings back memories for me. As long as they are safe and protect themselves, what’s the problem? I think they look cute!

Marc-Anthony

Posted at 1:04 PM on June 9, 2011

Yes, I I saw where your stated that they have been there before you.. I really acknowledged that point and considered that very well. So, this is the reason why I have to adhere strictly with my parents advice..

Marc-Anthony

Posted at 12:59 PM on June 9, 2011

I will complying strictly to my parents advice, because I will considered the fact that they have been there before me.

Bieberholix

Posted at 12:58 PM on June 9, 2011

I think Justin and Selena need to take a break from being a couple! And Justin’s parents should warn him about how far he’s getting with Selena because if they have sex, it’s going to be their problem!

Mimi

Posted at 1:37 PM on June 27, 2011

Right! But noo they think they’ve money, are famous, can do what they want just because they work so hard & long (that’s the way how to get their parents soft) & let’s go to Hawaii like every teenager in this age -.- Good .

I hate that. Wanna have special treatment, right?
That happens when nobody takes them down to earth. I guess Justin’s parents care muuuch more ’bout him than Selena’s ’bout her! ..

Be careful Justin..be careful or u’re gonna have biiig problems. Then it’s gonna be over for u.

pooh

Posted at 12:50 PM on June 9, 2011

i think selena is correct they should just let the young couple find out wat might happen when it happens and let them learn on their own