Five-Year-Old Drowns Toddler In Bathtub For Crying! Can You Imagine?

Thu, June 9, 2011 5:01pm EST by 8 Comments

The little girl and 18-month-old boy were being watched by a 16-year-old with learning disabilities at the time of the horrible accident.

Jermane Johnson, Jr., 18 months old, was killed after being drowned in a bathtub by a 5-year-old girl. “I just got asked the hardest question that no parent should never answer,” the victim’s father, Jermane Johnson, Sr., posted on Facebook. “What kind of caskets do I want to put my son in.”

Kansas City police first thought it was an accidental death, according to The Daily Mail, but the 5-year-old indicated she knew what she was doing. She told them she didn’t like the child because he “made too much noise” and “cried too much.”

The tragedy occurred Friday, June 3, when the children were being supervised by a 16-year-old with learning disabilities. The 5-year-old dragged Jermane into the full bath tub and proceeded to drown the little boy.

Jermane was reportedly spending a few weeks at this house.

Officers on the case are baffled and feel this may be the first time in history where a perpetrator committed this severe of a crime at such a young age. They are currently looking into other aspects of the case.

“I’ve been here 26 years, and I’ve never seen anything like this,” Juvenile officer Mary Marquez of Jackson County Family Court told the Kansas City Star.

So, Hollymoms, who should be blamed here?

–Amber Belus

Read More Real-Life Stories Here:

1. Dying Mom, 25: Her Lessons In Life For The Daughter She’s Leaving Behind. Heartbreaking!
  2. Family Sent Their Effeminate Son To ‘Sissy Boy’ Therapy Sessions — Is This OK?
  3. Dumped Boyfriend Takes Out Billboard Ad Accusing His Ex Of KILLING Their Unborn Baby!
  4. Toddler Falls Five Floors From A Window… And SURVIVES!

kourtney smith

Posted at 6:12 PM on July 1, 2011

I believe that the parents are the blame bc let’s face it who leaves there kids wit anyone under the age of 18 especially someone who has learning disabilities I mean seriously what is the world coming to today if its not kids getting killed its grown men!! I honestly believe everyone should try and get along we are all gods children

kyndall

Posted at 11:58 AM on July 14, 2011

As the parent of an 11 yr old babysitter, I strongly disagree with your statement. Under 18 doesn’t mean irresponsible. And who are you to tell them who to leave their child with. You wouldn’t know if he was reliable or not. Hollybaby give half the story. Tho other half is the real deal.

lissa

Posted at 10:14 PM on June 12, 2011

God rest this little boy’s soul….its a sad story <3

kandi

Posted at 1:07 PM on June 10, 2011

I meant psychological help for her psychological problems..

kandi

Posted at 1:05 PM on June 10, 2011

Wow! The story of the 5 yr old, it takes my breath away…but she isnt to blame…yes she may seem to know what she has done…but could she have done that if she was left in proper care…the parents of the 16 yr old should b held responsible…but mind u that 5 yr old is going to need psychological problems in the yrs to come.

paige

Posted at 10:12 AM on July 25, 2011

I think its a little bit of both the parents should’ve been more responsible but the 5 year old SHOULD NOT have done that really, if you let youre child home then the five year old dragged him there how would you feel…

heather

Posted at 8:43 AM on June 10, 2011

I worked at a daycare for a year ….I knew this little boy and his parents. They are not to blame that was their first child and they loved him.
This I’d a terrible thing to happen to such a sweet baby.

Rosa

Posted at 6:02 PM on June 9, 2011

Why does a five year old know how to drown another person??? WHY?